Once Upon a Time

Pilot

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 23, 2011 on ABC

• Once Upon a Time Pilot delivers

I must say that the Pilot episode of OUaT is great. Surely it's only the first episode, so it mostly covers the basics.

The acting is actually really good, I especially like Lana Parilla as the Evil Queen/Regina. But seeing that I've been a Jennifer Morrison fan, I'm glad to see her in this as Emma Swan, Snow White's and Prince Charming's daughter, and the savior, the only who can break the curse.

She is very convincing and genuine as Emma, and her scenes with Henry, her son, whom she gave up for adoption, are really sweet.

Then we have Snow White, played by the lovely and beautiful Ginnifer Goodwin, whom's Storybrooke ego is called Mary Margaret Blanchard, a teacher.

I must say that I was so intrigued by the idea. A curse that sent all the fairy tale characters to our world, where no one knows who they are, and mixing it with their back stories in fairy tale land, is a very unique and inventive idea. And the idea to name the town Storybrooke is just one of the many cool ideas.

All in all a good built-up for what's to come. I'm really interested to see, what other fairy tale characters we're going to meet. A unique show that's sure to please.