Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews (163)

• Renewal, pretty please?

Please get this show renewed! I love this show!
  • Feels like a "Fables" comic ripoff

I think there was a comic book series that had the same premise more than 12 years ago. The show may be apealing at certian points and the acting is very decent but I just dont like the fact that the show is not 100% original.
  • i love this searies very much

I really loooooooooooove this Series and hope it will have season 4
  • I love a good fairy tale!

This so is so fun to get immersed in! I don't believe it will last 2 more seasons though.
  • Once upon a time

One of the best shows on television... not as good as it was in past seasons but still great
  • Meh..

Too cheesy and too kiddie for my taste
  • Great series

I think the show is awesome, I'm glad more characters are coming to the forefront... If I had to sit and only watch Emma and Henry all season long I'd be bored or nauseated by episode 2... Besides this show is about our favourite fairytales and bringing them to life with a twist, the way the writers have brought them all together is brilliant!

I don't recommend watching episodes to close together tho... Some characters are unexpectedly annoying when you watch them for too long... and the wait for this next episode is a bit ridiculous... There's keeping people in suspense and then there's just plain old taking too long

Overall I love the series... The team is doing a terrific job :) :) :)
  • Pretty slick / Long term vision of plots

Season 3 mid review:

I like the way the show is structured. It is interesting to see how they weave the fairy tales into this story line. Rumple's Dad is Peter Pan.. Who would have thought? There are of course a few loopholes, for example, why does Neil have go regress into the curse when he was brought to this world before ithe curse started? After all, Henry wouldn't be Henry without Emma and Neil mating. Well anyways, seems that it might just be they have their memories after all, since Hook came back to NYC.

Rumple and his Dad dissapeared (allegedly died) in Storybrooke. Will the breaking of the curse restore them? Who knows..

The break in the season seems too darn long too me.

--------

Ok, I've watched both seasons in 1 week, and yes, thank you for the ability to get shows online.

First season was great and ended on a nice cliffhanger. Second season was actually pretty slick, especially the ending.

Obviously, Peter Pan is going to be the threat in Season 3, part 1, it makes sense, he's the big bad of NeverLand.

Now, I've read some of the reviews here, and some people think that Season 2 didn't make any sense. Well, I disagree with that.

Basically, as we are talking about alternate worlds, which is really what this is all about and the power of magic vs science. And it's all done based on so called fairy tales. Nothing wrong with that.

Furthermore there is dimension to the characters, and that's refreshing. A lot of nuance.

For those of you who pine for Regina and her character development, well the show is about much more than the Evil Queen.

In the end, she's a pawn, let's face it. But character development there has been.

There is providence and fate intertwining with Rumpelstiltskin rather large manipulation of events, all geared towards getting back his son.

The show is going somewhere and it's hard to predict where, and that's refreshing.

For the most part, there has been a lot of interesting twists and a lot of unexpected development in the show.

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm just wondering if there will be a clean ending at some point. Maybe in 3 or 4 seasons from now.

Henry seems to be way much more than he seems in many ways. Why would Peter Pan be seeking him?

Is Peter Pan also working for someone else? Based on the patterns I've seen, I would NOT be surprised.

Anyways, looking forward to the 3rd season, it's going to be a long summer........
  • Wow what a cliffhanger!!

5.5
    March seems a little too long to wait for the next episode hehe, loved this season so far, especially the last episode, what a cliffhanger that was!

I'll be anxiously anticipating the next episode.
  • Why I don't dislike Henry!!

I know there will be many who want to beat me with a stick - but I do actually like Henry. I think the writers need to give Jarrad better scripts to work with - but I think those last couple of episodes of Season 3, have proven the kid can act.

I was bawling on " You're not a villain, you're my mum".. OMG

Henry is the catalyst - for everything...

And he was Rumple's undoing - if he had not brought Emma to Storybrook, the curse would not have been broken and Rumple would not have had to deal with Pan... eventually.

I like that the writers are always setting things up for the next chapter. The writers obviously have a long-term vision.

Bring on March

• once upon a time

This show is awesome! The storyline is always packed with things to keep you guessing more.
  • You never dissappoint! Love this show!!!

Our family watches this show together and we love trying to guess what will happen next. I predict that Neil/Bay is actually Hook's son and the heart of the truest believer isn't going to work. Rump will be upset but he's in a box so who cares! Good show. Keep it up. Don't change anything.

Well, after this last episode, it still seems that Hook could be Neil's father but looking forward to the next season to see how this all pans out. Please don't use this show to market your Disney park. It will be too obvious and a turn off for the true adult viewers. Stay creative and interesting and you have our view. Can't wait for March!!
  • I Wouldn't Change a Thing

It is remarkably clever how the writers managed to weave a coherent plot that I consider both classy and entertaining, I never thought that the initial proposition of the show would yield such a fantastic result, and watching all the chapters at once provides a view of how beautifully made this show really is, I suggest that people should watch it more in detail before posting negative things about this show. Many years from now this show will be viewed as an all time classic, with beautiful photography direction and all the ingredients to make this show really unforgettable.
  • Truly Terrible show. Excellent cast, but horrible writers & production values.

This could have been great, and my family really wanted to enjoy it. Alas, no. The cast it wonderful, the acting is fine with a great crew. However, the storylines are truly pathetic and completely unenjoyable, and there is apparently virtually no effects budget. The clincher was when they had an episode with Dr Frankenstein. OMG, so bad. soon after that episode we all wrote this show off as it spiraled down past mediocrity. No more.
  • Always a sucker for fairytales and fantasy

And this is absolutely no exception. I haven't watched the 3rd season yet (waiting for it to air on TV), but this show had me at hello, or the first few minutes of the 1st season pilot. I don't care if the writers backtracked the slightest bit in some of the 1st season episodes and most of the 2nd season, I'm simply unable to have the tiniest of bad opinions on a show this entertaining. Thank god it's being written by the Lost crew, because we'll be seeing a lot more of this modern wonder for seasons to come. They can finance it as well as certainly keep writing it, as long as some other misfortune doesn't ail it.

The dialogues, especially the dramatic and revealing ones like what happens in conversations between Regina and Rumple most of the time is pure gold (no pun intended). You can feel the tension sky-rocketing because of how messed up everything in the Fairytale World is on first glance, yet when it all comes to its place through multiple revelations it's amazing how they managed to entangle every single fairytale character in one show and have it all make sense in its own special way (faithful to the original fairytales and yet warped just enough to surprise you).

I get that people can be disappointed in where something in the show might be headed if it contradicts their own personal view of it, but for the love of god quit bitching about the show so excessively because I know for SURE none of you would be able to do half of what the writers managed to do. They have many things to worry about already and can't please everyone. They're doing their job tremendously well and the magical aspects of the show are what's absolutely worth still watching for.

I really can't wait to see more. I need lots more of this amazing show.
  • Did you notice?

The drive by car in the summer castle with Snow and Charming
  • Ugliest Snow White ever!

Is it me or is Snow getting uglier each

• Sick of

3.5
    Pan, sick of Bae/Neal. The show hooks are in Regina and Emma and the writer's need to get a grip.
  • Disappointed fan

I love the show, but I was very disappointed with this episode and

I was not surprised at all that Peter Pan was Rump's father. To be honest, I have been let down by the last 2 seasons because the show is no longer about fantasies, it is about the drama that happens in our lives. People in the real world fight about who will have the rights of their children. The show has become a soap opera and I would like to just say good luck trying to have another season. The whole Peter Pan story has gone on longer than enough. The writers should either "fix" it or just give up. Sorry but the truth hurts.

• A little bit here, a little bit there...

Like many others, I, too, share in the opinion that we don't need anymore new main characters to focus on. I don't mind a few new secondary characters, but I want to see more plot advancement on our main characters in this season (for the record, I consider Mulan and Aurora main characters since we spent 1/2 of Season 2 with them). Give the secondary characters their 1-3 episode arc, then bow them out gracefully.

If they're going to continue to run through flashback-o-rama, then believe in "less is more". The flashbacks need to be plot advancing as well as character building, not just one or the other. So far, they've done alright with this, but I hope they don't slip back into old habits.
  • Peter Pan is the "Bad guy"??? WHY???

WHY???????!!!!!
  • The Best Episode of Once Upon A Time So Far!

This was the best episode of Once Upon A Time so far! It had everything! It had the drama, great character interactions and development and it was SO funny! I loved Regina telling charming to "filet the b***!" That and other comments were hilarious! I loved the fact that Henry flew and he had to believe in order to fly! I loved the faith and belief and hope aspect of the episode and the show in general, even if at times with Snow and Charming it seems almost naive or something. Their faith and belief can be annoying and hard to take,but at the same time such relentless belief is inspiring and powerful when it's good. I also like how the series has undertones of deeper things and truths. What a great show! It's getting more and more or closer and closer to being an even deeper more powerful serialized show like Lost. Great episode! <3
  • A Dazzling Series

Once upon a Time is one of those shows that keeps one on edge and anticipating the next episode.
  • Season 1 great, Season 2 kind of boring!!

Wonderful idea, great cast, costume, etc. Season 1 was fantastic focusing in our favorite characters and their adventures, but season 2, pleaseeeeeeeeee it was all about different characters (and storylines) that we didn't care each episode. BORING. STOP adding and adding characters! More characters doesn't make a show X files only had 2 leads and it was fantastic!! It only makes us lose interest.

This is about Emma and her family. We want to watch our favorite characters all the time, meaning the core cast: Snow, Charming, Emma, Regina, Rumple and a few the others should be secondary and only appear when the core cast needs them.

Thanks God it got on track again by the end of S2 when it focused more on our fave characters, but still I am afraid it will lose track again in season 3 with even MORE characters....

Important too: Please consider adding a romantic interest for Emma, she is always alone, it's time she finds a sweet, cute and tall boyfriend.
  • Season 2 is boring

The idea is brilliant and I fell hard for the series when I watched season 1. It's perfect, the cast, the storyline, the costume and acting. But I got bored in season 2, too many new characters and plotline.
  • once upon a time

I like this show but I didn't like the fact that it focused more on characters that we could care less about I hope the that in season 3 it could just focus on the core cast
  • Once upon a time...

For title! I love the about all the fairytale characters who are trapped in the real world because of the evil is evil but I like Parilla who plays the evil queen plays her part very well!I think it's tv show with so far most of the fairytale characters in only saw

7 episodes yet and I already love it!
  • BEST SHOW EVER

Title says it all
  • Can't wait for season 3

I can't wait till season 3!!!! I also want to see the Alice in Wonderland version!
  • Frustrating Show

What frustrating show! OUaT sounds like such a good idea in theory, and Season 1 started to get on the right track (plus they have a wonderful costume department), but Season 2 has been terrible!

Jeez, Kitsis and Horowitz treat the audience like we're dummies who can't remember what happened last week! They threw all of Regina's character development out the window and waste the talents of many in the cast. The consistency of episodes is hit -or-miss and has been increasingly disappointing.

I hope that Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle move on to a different project that can better utilize their talents. As for me, I'm done with OUaT. Let me know if they do a Rumbelle spin-off.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6