Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 In Season

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews page 3 of 7

• You never dissappoint! Love this show!!!

Our family watches this show together and we love trying to guess what will happen next. I predict that Neil/Bay is actually Hook's son and the heart of the truest believer isn't going to work. Rump will be upset but he's in a box so who cares! Good show. Keep it up. Don't change anything.

Well, after this last episode, it still seems that Hook could be Neil's father but looking forward to the next season to see how this all pans out. Please don't use this show to market your Disney park. It will be too obvious and a turn off for the true adult viewers. Stay creative and interesting and you have our view. Can't wait for March!!
  • I Wouldn't Change a Thing

It is remarkably clever how the writers managed to weave a coherent plot that I consider both classy and entertaining, I never thought that the initial proposition of the show would yield such a fantastic result, and watching all the chapters at once provides a view of how beautifully made this show really is, I suggest that people should watch it more in detail before posting negative things about this show. Many years from now this show will be viewed as an all time classic, with beautiful photography direction and all the ingredients to make this show really unforgettable.
  • Truly Terrible show. Excellent cast, but horrible writers & production values.

This could have been great, and my family really wanted to enjoy it. Alas, no. The cast it wonderful, the acting is fine with a great crew. However, the storylines are truly pathetic and completely unenjoyable, and there is apparently virtually no effects budget. The clincher was when they had an episode with Dr Frankenstein. OMG, so bad. soon after that episode we all wrote this show off as it spiraled down past mediocrity. No more.
  • Always a sucker for fairytales and fantasy

And this is absolutely no exception. I haven't watched the 3rd season yet (waiting for it to air on TV), but this show had me at hello, or the first few minutes of the 1st season pilot. I don't care if the writers backtracked the slightest bit in some of the 1st season episodes and most of the 2nd season, I'm simply unable to have the tiniest of bad opinions on a show this entertaining. Thank god it's being written by the Lost crew, because we'll be seeing a lot more of this modern wonder for seasons to come. They can finance it as well as certainly keep writing it, as long as some other misfortune doesn't ail it.

The dialogues, especially the dramatic and revealing ones like what happens in conversations between Regina and Rumple most of the time is pure gold (no pun intended). You can feel the tension sky-rocketing because of how messed up everything in the Fairytale World is on first glance, yet when it all comes to its place through multiple revelations it's amazing how they managed to entangle every single fairytale character in one show and have it all make sense in its own special way (faithful to the original fairytales and yet warped just enough to surprise you).

I get that people can be disappointed in where something in the show might be headed if it contradicts their own personal view of it, but for the love of god quit bitching about the show so excessively because I know for SURE none of you would be able to do half of what the writers managed to do. They have many things to worry about already and can't please everyone. They're doing their job tremendously well and the magical aspects of the show are what's absolutely worth still watching for.

I really can't wait to see more. I need lots more of this amazing show.
  • Did you notice?

The drive by car in the summer castle with Snow and Charming
  • Ugliest Snow White ever!

Is it me or is Snow getting uglier each

• Sick of

Pan, sick of Bae/Neal. The show hooks are in Regina and Emma and the writer's need to get a grip.
  • Disappointed fan

I love the show, but I was very disappointed with this episode and

I was not surprised at all that Peter Pan was Rump's father. To be honest, I have been let down by the last 2 seasons because the show is no longer about fantasies, it is about the drama that happens in our lives. People in the real world fight about who will have the rights of their children. The show has become a soap opera and I would like to just say good luck trying to have another season. The whole Peter Pan story has gone on longer than enough. The writers should either "fix" it or just give up. Sorry but the truth hurts.

• A little bit here, a little bit there...

Like many others, I, too, share in the opinion that we don't need anymore new main characters to focus on. I don't mind a few new secondary characters, but I want to see more plot advancement on our main characters in this season (for the record, I consider Mulan and Aurora main characters since we spent 1/2 of Season 2 with them). Give the secondary characters their 1-3 episode arc, then bow them out gracefully.

If they're going to continue to run through flashback-o-rama, then believe in "less is more". The flashbacks need to be plot advancing as well as character building, not just one or the other. So far, they've done alright with this, but I hope they don't slip back into old habits.
  • Peter Pan is the "Bad guy"??? WHY???

• The Best Episode of Once Upon A Time So Far!

This was the best episode of Once Upon A Time so far! It had everything! It had the drama, great character interactions and development and it was SO funny! I loved Regina telling charming to "filet the b***!" That and other comments were hilarious! I loved the fact that Henry flew and he had to believe in order to fly! I loved the faith and belief and hope aspect of the episode and the show in general, even if at times with Snow and Charming it seems almost naive or something. Their faith and belief can be annoying and hard to take,but at the same time such relentless belief is inspiring and powerful when it's good. I also like how the series has undertones of deeper things and truths. What a great show! It's getting more and more or closer and closer to being an even deeper more powerful serialized show like Lost. Great episode! <3
  • A Dazzling Series

Once upon a Time is one of those shows that keeps one on edge and anticipating the next episode.
  • Season 1 great, Season 2 kind of boring!!

Wonderful idea, great cast, costume, etc. Season 1 was fantastic focusing in our favorite characters and their adventures, but season 2, pleaseeeeeeeeee it was all about different characters (and storylines) that we didn't care each episode. BORING. STOP adding and adding characters! More characters doesn't make a show X files only had 2 leads and it was fantastic!! It only makes us lose interest.

This is about Emma and her family. We want to watch our favorite characters all the time, meaning the core cast: Snow, Charming, Emma, Regina, Rumple and a few the others should be secondary and only appear when the core cast needs them.

Thanks God it got on track again by the end of S2 when it focused more on our fave characters, but still I am afraid it will lose track again in season 3 with even MORE characters....

Important too: Please consider adding a romantic interest for Emma, she is always alone, it's time she finds a sweet, cute and tall boyfriend.
  • Season 2 is boring

The idea is brilliant and I fell hard for the series when I watched season 1. It's perfect, the cast, the storyline, the costume and acting. But I got bored in season 2, too many new characters and plotline.
  • Once upon a time...

For title! I love the about all the fairytale characters who are trapped in the real world because of the evil is evil but I like Parilla who plays the evil queen plays her part very well!I think it's tv show with so far most of the fairytale characters in only saw

7 episodes yet and I already love it!

Title says it all
  • Can't wait for season 3

I can't wait till season 3!!!! I also want to see the Alice in Wonderland version!
  • Frustrating Show

What frustrating show! OUaT sounds like such a good idea in theory, and Season 1 started to get on the right track (plus they have a wonderful costume department), but Season 2 has been terrible!

Jeez, Kitsis and Horowitz treat the audience like we're dummies who can't remember what happened last week! They threw all of Regina's character development out the window and waste the talents of many in the cast. The consistency of episodes is hit -or-miss and has been increasingly disappointing.

I hope that Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle move on to a different project that can better utilize their talents. As for me, I'm done with OUaT. Let me know if they do a Rumbelle spin-off.
  • Fantastic Show!! Love it!!

Great casting, writing, and Acting. I also think the costumes and special effects are defiantly movie All around Amazing!
  • Once Upon A Time is AMAZING!

IT'S ON BREAK AGAIN?!?!?!?! URGH! I love this show and I can't wait for Season 3 to come out! Such a great twister and ending. I wonder who this person 'we should all fear' is?
  • I HATE fOX TV but LOVE Once Upon A Time.

I cant believe its on a break AGAIN!!!!!! OMG why do they keep doing this to us??????????

This is a really good show to watch. There is never a boring episode!!!
  • Once Upon a Fail

I like the basic idea of this series, story book characters being trapped in our own world while not remembering who they really are. I like the idea so much, that I REALLY want to like the show itself, and I know I've tried. But after having watched the entire first season (22 episodes qualifies as giving it a fighting chance, I think), with every episode hoping that it would get any better, I must say this show is mediocre at best.

Sure, it's not all bad. It's been fun watching the background stories of some of the characters unfold, so for example you get to see how the Evil Queen became the evil woman she is and why exactly she hates Snow White so much. Also, as time goes by more story book characters are revealed for who they really are, which is also fun and sometimes surprising (especially in the case of the mysterious writer).

However, this show has too many flaws to make up for the few positive notes. The characters are way too flat for my liking (and they stay that way for the entire first season) and the show comes across as very childish - ironically the same case could be made for most stories that are actually IN story books. No wonder that so many people seem to watch this show with their children: they are probably the ones who can appreciate this show the most. A lot of times the acting feels fake and unsincere: when you're constantly reminded that you're watching people acting, instead of just watching people, that's not a good thing. And it's not just the acting, it's the whole picture: this show is for a big part about magic and for it to be believable you need the visual effects to be convincing. I'm afraid a lot of times, it's just not. Finally, this show means to be exciting, thrilling, keeping you at the edge of your seat... Yet again, they fail big time. It doesn't get thrilling or exciting ANYWHERE! Sure, sometimes there are some mysteries you wonder about (like who is this or that character really?) and when they are revealed you feel happy you know, but it's by far not enough to keep you at the edge of your seat. There's just not enough interesting things happening, and when they DO happen they're not convincing because of the acting, visual effects and lack of character development I've mentioned before.

It really is a shame, this could have been such an awesome show, but this way it's just not worth spending your precious time on. Unless you're a kid ofcourse, then you might love it! In that case I unfortunaly have to say, "I'm getting too old for this sh-".
  • I'm So Confused!

This show is trying to be so many things at once. Kingdom Hearts, with all its retcons, is easier to understand. I couldn't follow it anymore after Mr. Gold took on more roles than just Rumpelstiltskin. He can't be the Beast and the Crocodile too, can he?? It's like he gets a whole new personality when the main characters leave the room and "Belle" enters. What's more, Captain Hook is more like Jack Sparrow than what I was expecting. i just can't watch this anymore, I'm sorry.
  • Way better than the regular story.

This isn't your average fairytale with a happy, ever after ending. It takes characters like Snow White, Rumplestelskin, Mad Hatter, Captain Hook, and all the other storybook character, mashes their stories together so their co-related, and messes it up. A million times more interesting and very clever idea for a series. It's good versus evil throughout, as their are many rivalries and surprise twists. Worth watching as it combines fairy tale with real life.
  • Once Upon a Time is best !!!

It's my favorite series, and I love it.
  • Henry Mills Char

Hi, Henry. How are you sweety. I just wanted to let you know that I'm your fan and that you are doing a great, great job. If it wasn't for you in the story I wouldn't be watching the show with my kids. You are also the main important part of the show. You are the smartest of them all, you're always trying to help everyone to keep everybody safe from being harm in anyway, and that's why you are very important in the story. You are also very smart and brave. You are a good example to my kids. I wish you were my kid. Don't never let anyone tell you any difference. You are a very special boy and god bless your parents for doing a great job of raising you. bye sweety.
  • not bad

not that bad.
  • Henry Character

i actually disagree with you byronlee395, henry character is very essential to the show, as he in one way or the other links all the major character together. Regina is his step great grandmother and also his adoptive mum, prince charming and rumplestilskin are both his grandfathers. Regina's mom is his step greatgreatgrandmother and also his adoptive grandmother, snow white is his grandmother , emma and baefire r his biological parents. Henry led emma to storybook as well as connected all the major dot. I think there is way more to his character, and he is the one to watch.
  • Once Upon a Time Schedule Rant !

This show is amazing. I love the whole fairy tales from the dark side. It's unfortunate that this show has no regular schedule. What dumb ass does the scheduling ? Once Upon a Time,I watched a show I liked every week ! The show airs for two or three episodes takes a couple weeks to a couple months off . Airs a few episodes again . The show started last fall ! They literally just finished taking off nearly two months during the holidays .Have aired what, two, three episodes and now are taking off an additionally two weeks ! Really ?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7