Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews page 3 of 7

• Once Upon A Time is AMAZING!

IT'S ON BREAK AGAIN?!?!?!?! URGH! I love this show and I can't wait for Season 3 to come out! Such a great twister and ending. I wonder who this person 'we should all fear' is?
  • I HATE fOX TV but LOVE Once Upon A Time.

I cant believe its on a break AGAIN!!!!!! OMG why do they keep doing this to us??????????

• ENJOYABLE!!

This is a really good show to watch. There is never a boring episode!!!
  • Once Upon a Fail

I like the basic idea of this series, story book characters being trapped in our own world while not remembering who they really are. I like the idea so much, that I REALLY want to like the show itself, and I know I've tried. But after having watched the entire first season (22 episodes qualifies as giving it a fighting chance, I think), with every episode hoping that it would get any better, I must say this show is mediocre at best.

Sure, it's not all bad. It's been fun watching the background stories of some of the characters unfold, so for example you get to see how the Evil Queen became the evil woman she is and why exactly she hates Snow White so much. Also, as time goes by more story book characters are revealed for who they really are, which is also fun and sometimes surprising (especially in the case of the mysterious writer).

However, this show has too many flaws to make up for the few positive notes. The characters are way too flat for my liking (and they stay that way for the entire first season) and the show comes across as very childish - ironically the same case could be made for most stories that are actually IN story books. No wonder that so many people seem to watch this show with their children: they are probably the ones who can appreciate this show the most. A lot of times the acting feels fake and unsincere: when you're constantly reminded that you're watching people acting, instead of just watching people, that's not a good thing. And it's not just the acting, it's the whole picture: this show is for a big part about magic and for it to be believable you need the visual effects to be convincing. I'm afraid a lot of times, it's just not. Finally, this show means to be exciting, thrilling, keeping you at the edge of your seat... Yet again, they fail big time. It doesn't get thrilling or exciting ANYWHERE! Sure, sometimes there are some mysteries you wonder about (like who is this or that character really?) and when they are revealed you feel happy you know, but it's by far not enough to keep you at the edge of your seat. There's just not enough interesting things happening, and when they DO happen they're not convincing because of the acting, visual effects and lack of character development I've mentioned before.

It really is a shame, this could have been such an awesome show, but this way it's just not worth spending your precious time on. Unless you're a kid ofcourse, then you might love it! In that case I unfortunaly have to say, "I'm getting too old for this sh-".
  • I'm So Confused!

This show is trying to be so many things at once. Kingdom Hearts, with all its retcons, is easier to understand. I couldn't follow it anymore after Mr. Gold took on more roles than just Rumpelstiltskin. He can't be the Beast and the Crocodile too, can he?? It's like he gets a whole new personality when the main characters leave the room and "Belle" enters. What's more, Captain Hook is more like Jack Sparrow than what I was expecting. i just can't watch this anymore, I'm sorry.
  • Way better than the regular story.

This isn't your average fairytale with a happy, ever after ending. It takes characters like Snow White, Rumplestelskin, Mad Hatter, Captain Hook, and all the other storybook character, mashes their stories together so their co-related, and messes it up. A million times more interesting and very clever idea for a series. It's good versus evil throughout, as their are many rivalries and surprise twists. Worth watching as it combines fairy tale with real life.
  • Once Upon a Time is best !!!

It's my favorite series, and I love it.
  • Henry Mills Char

Hi, Henry. How are you sweety. I just wanted to let you know that I'm your fan and that you are doing a great, great job. If it wasn't for you in the story I wouldn't be watching the show with my kids. You are also the main important part of the show. You are the smartest of them all, you're always trying to help everyone to keep everybody safe from being harm in anyway, and that's why you are very important in the story. You are also very smart and brave. You are a good example to my kids. I wish you were my kid. Don't never let anyone tell you any difference. You are a very special boy and god bless your parents for doing a great job of raising you. bye sweety.
  • not bad

not that bad.
  • Henry Character

i actually disagree with you byronlee395, henry character is very essential to the show, as he in one way or the other links all the major character together. Regina is his step great grandmother and also his adoptive mum, prince charming and rumplestilskin are both his grandfathers. Regina's mom is his step greatgreatgrandmother and also his adoptive grandmother, snow white is his grandmother , emma and baefire r his biological parents. Henry led emma to storybook as well as connected all the major dot. I think there is way more to his character, and he is the one to watch.
  • Once Upon a Time Schedule Rant !

This show is amazing. I love the whole fairy tales from the dark side. It's unfortunate that this show has no regular schedule. What dumb ass does the scheduling ? Once Upon a Time,I watched a show I liked every week ! The show airs for two or three episodes takes a couple weeks to a couple months off . Airs a few episodes again . The show started last fall ! They literally just finished taking off nearly two months during the holidays .Have aired what, two, three episodes and now are taking off an additionally two weeks ! Really ?
  • inspiring and interesting... but should get rid of a few characters.

i started watching the show with my neighbors and... i will admit the show is becoming more interesting to me when it comes to the battles and some of the characters. especially Rumpelstiltskin! i also like hook too.

But that Henry character is SO F***ing annoying!!!

it's getting to the point where i can't stand the kid! with every single episode, he is becoming less of a character and more of an annoyance. i can only think of one time when he got Emma into Storybrooke... but THAT'S IT!!! the kid has not done ANYTHING USEFUL WHATSOEVER!!!

he had better do something useful soon or i will deam him as the Worst Character ever!! SERIOUSLY!!

i also think that Cora should get her ass kicked by either Regiena or Hook.

other than that, THIS SHOW ROCKS!!!

Also... PLEASE INVOLVE MERLIN FROM THE LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR!!!!!!!
  • Something the whole family can watch!

I love the story line and i love the fact my husband and i can sit and watch it with our children and dont have to worry about whats going to pop up on the screen. love it.
  • Once Upon a Time on ABC Network

My 7,0 rating is only for the first 8 episodes (I am still trying to catch up), but I am thrilled such show exists. I like so many things about this show. It is refereshing in many ways because it was badly needed on television. With all those boring procedurals floating on CBS nowadays - like CSI and other 2 CSIs and NCIS and God knows what else is this one of the most family-friendly shows. I love Ms. Regina / Evil Queen :) not even Jennifer Morrison is as annoying as she was on House. So far, so God, but so far I would not give it more than 7 points of rating. Have to watch episode 9 and further. :)
  • Fun to watch.

First season was kinda slow and boring the first few episodes but once it finally picked up pace and dug into all the juicy stuff it got really good. It leaves me in suspense every week and the next episode just can't come fast enough. I love it.
  • Tangled

I feel like they should put in Rapunzel and Flynn Rider in the show that would make it a 10
  • Wonderful Series!

This Fairy Tale keeps you on the edge of your seat, I love the characters and how they meld fantasy and reality.
  • Cleverly done!

Its a fantastic show! :)
  • Once Upon A Time

i love this show.
  • OUAT best serie !

I looooove so much !!
  • Best Series Ever !!!!

OMG !! I looooooooooooove this Fairy Tale so much ~~~ Cant wait to see episode 10 :"> :"> ~~~ Thank you for a wonderful show and keep up the great job !!!
  • <3 OUAT

Best series on TV!
  • not convinced

I watched the 5 first episodes of Once upon a time but I'm just not convinced.. When I saw the promo for this show I couldn't wait to see it.. I don't know what's bugging me in this show..

Does it get any better the following episodes?

• Love the fairy tales ...

Best fairy tale ever on TV .
  • Fictive world, Real Entertainment

5.5
    I am not up to date in this show, I just watched the first 6 episodes and I am positively surprised!

Such a beautiful story combined with astonishing characters! Really looking forward to see the next episodes but also afraid the story contradicts itself in some way... well, lets hope not!
  • stuck and waiting for more

I am normally not a person who would sit and watch shows like this, however from the pilot back in October. I have not been able to miss a single show, it has caught my attention and I am stuck. This is an amazing show and I can't wait for the next episode. Thank you for a wonderful show and keep up the great job.
  • Just Amazing

The show is simply amazing, the writing and plots are so intriguing, Actors on this show are amazing especially Lana Parilla doing great work as the Regina. The show is adventurous and engaging with so much humor, drama and romance.
  • My 2nd fav show much better than brain dead REALITY TV which SUCS and BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • It is so Magical

I would just like to say ONCE UPON A TIME is the best TV Show of our time. It is magical and suprises me all the time. Every single actor is fantastic keep up the good work.
  • Enchanting

This show is great and has a wide variety of characteristics that a show should have. It is happy, sad, loving, dangerous, adventurous, and more. My favorite character is currently the evil queen because I love how she is not just plain evil and there is a past to her and a reason why she is the way she is. She has a very interesting background as do the rest of the characters
1 2 3 4 5 6 7