Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews page 4 of 6

• In sweden they have split the season 1

in sweden they did not show all the episodes. they show to episode 11, so now in 16th of august they begin at episode 12, it is not season 2 thats begins now.. :/
  • early premiere on season 2 in sweden!

Its true, here in sweden it airs on august 16th ! :D cant wait untill then !
  • Good, with the potential to be great

I'm new to reviews, but I felt I have to contribute to one of my favorite new shows of last season. If you have even the slightest interest in fairy tales and Disney, and you don't mind a little creative changes, you will love this show without the doubt, it has a better Snow White then both of the movie that came out this year, I feel she easily catches the essence of what Snow is, and can easily be seen as the fairest in the land.

The characters are easily the best part of the show, and the cast really shows it, if you aren't at least a little shaken up by Robert Carlyle performance as Mr.Gold/Rumplestiltskin I'd be shocked, his first scene in the pilot was breathtaking, and Lana Parilla is wonderful as the evil Queen, and easily makes the Queen a character you love to hate, while also making us a bit sympathetic towards her. Jennifer Morrison is great as the lead, but in all honesty she pales in comparison to the supporting cast, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Henry is annoying at first, but give him a chance he will grow on you as you finish the season. And I must give props to the guest roles because they were the best, particularly Sebastian Stan(Bucky Barnes!) as the Mad Hatter, who FYI is one of my favorite characters in book history, I first read Alice and Wonderland in the original story, so to see him like this was a dream come true, and Stan nails the mad guy. The cast is just amazing and one of the best on TV right now.

While there are not many weak points in the fabulous first season, I have one major gripe, they tortured Mary Margaret(Snow White) and David(Charming) storybrooke relationship to a point they both seemed out of character, I don't believe MM would have ever been caught up in a affair, and I just thought that was stupid writing decision, and I hope they avoid too much relationship drama in season 2.

Most of the episodes are excellent, but there were few that are obvious filler, and while some of them were good entertainment, I didn't enjoy other...True North and Dreamy in particular.

Now if you are not willing to give the whole season a shot, I recommend Pilot, Snow Falls, The Heart is a lonely hunter, Desperate Souls, Hat Trick and an Apple as Red as Blood as the best this season has to offer.

So far season 1 really impressed me, but I still feel there is room for improvement and I really hope S2 does just that.

• tinkerbellxx1

Seriously this is #1 of my favorite shows, normally do not watch TV .but I do watch this, I think that life should be a fairy tale. I do not remember the Fairy tales being so exciting: )next season is starting September 30th Yea.
  • The best!

When does season 2 begin! in sweden they say it starts 16th of august???
  • Easily my favorite show

I've been watching OUAT since it premiered, enjoying every minute of it. Even now during this long summer hiatus I find myself re-watching the entire first season and getting just as much into it the second time around. I grew up with fairytales and disney movies OUAT puts them in a different perspective that makes the story unique without destroying its core.

The characters are wonderfully cast and hold the essence of their fairytale counterparts. This is a beautiful show that strays away from the corniness you would expect when talking about princesses and love.

I look forward to see where the writers take the story. Once Upon a Time is exactly what an hour of television should feel like.
  • Once upon a time.

It was great how all of our childhood stories came together to make a show 4 all ages. Brings every thing 2 life I just luv it. Waiting 4 season 2 it should be excellent.
  • 3 episode test

I didn't have to test 3 episodes to decide if it was good. The pilot got me hooked. I was so caught up at what happens next.
  • Just Magical :-)

I love this show! I want more and more! I ant wait for it to return. I tell everyone about it.
  • Smart TV series has it's ups and downs

Once upon a time can be really good, but, some episodes can be mediocre. But, too see all these Disney fairytales come to life smart and dark is really satisfying. The TV Show is a fun interesting time.
  • Superb!

It's superb,

I'm just hoping it won't be a second "lost" that show also started very strong,

but in the long while I had the feeling that they didn't know where to go with it themselves...

So now that I have seen it has the same writers I truly hope that they are the best ones and that they learned from past experiences...

Please don't screw this one up, it has such great potential!

I absolutely love how the fairytales are all intertwined!

LOVE IT!
  • To: Rumplestiltskin

Hey, Rumplestiltkin! You know what, I had a blast watching your show's season finale. And it really left me wanting for more. So, here's the thing: can I make a deal with you? Can you make Season 2 come faster? I can't wait any longer. Waiting for it is like a curse, you know.. Don't worry. I already know that every magic comes with a price. I'll be willing to give you anything you want in return. After all, your my favorite character. Thanks. :)
  • Robert Carlyle

When this morden tell of the brothers grimm fairytale book came live onto tv and I saw that robert carlyle was going to be in it. I thought oh no not him. But the way he played rumplestiltskin he was doing such an amazing job. Which made me want to watch even more. I love the fact that he is doing rumplestiltskin I have gotten to love robert and the amazing job that he is doing and he truly deserves an emmy for his role in this show.

He plays the role well and the fact that plays the roll well is what makes me keep watching. He truly does bring rumplestiltskin alive on screen and in the book as well. I hope he does an amazing job next season. He truly is one of the best actors I have seen on screen in awhile.
  • So close, and yet so far

Now that the season 1 finale has aired I can give a full review of the season. I have to start off by saying that I love this show. It's unlike anything you've ever seen on television (yes, even Grimm), and that in itself is a miracle. I love House and SVU, but enough with the cop and medical dramas; what we need on television is originality, and OUaT delivers it in spades. This show is just too crazy not to be entertaining. The premise is spectacular. The characters and their stories - all the unexpected twists the writers have given to classic fairytales - are wonderful, fresh, and exciting. Princesses are not slaves to their princes, and we finally get to see the strong, confident women that fairytales so often lack. The plot is somewhat predictable at times, but I truly believe that's because the writers have a wider vision, and this season was the foundation that needed to be slowly and carefully constructed so as to lead us on the wild adventure to come. Of course, we can't be sure until season 2 begins, but I'm willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. All that being said, I have to admit I'm often disappointed. The pacing could have been a lot smoother, but instead it dragged on and then suddenly took off like a bullet in the finale which, while exciting, left me with a nasty case of whiplash that I did not appreciate. And the dialogue - oh, the dialogue. The actors on this show are SENSATIONAL. Robert Carlyle gives me the creeps (in a good way), Lana Parrilla somehow makes my heart ache for Regina even at her most despicable, Morrison managed to overcome the writers' lack of effort and actually make me like Emma, and Ginnifer gave us the best scene of the whole season in 'The Stable Boy' (alongside Lana, natch). But even the best actors can only do so much with this dialogue. Too much of what's going on is stated outright by the characters when subtlety would be so much more powerful, and often the lines are cheesy. Of course, it's a story about fairytales, so if you don't like cheesy you should tune out. But the Snow/Charming "I will always find you" line was overdone. It was adorable, incredibly romantic, and very powerful. However, the writers shoved the line down our throats when it would have been so much more delicious had they just sprinkled it lightly on our tongues.

If you like cheese, originality, over-the-top but stunningly detailed costumes, phenomenal acting, and people debating the ins and outs of curses in their business suits (clearly my favourite part of the show, but that could just be because of the magic that is Robert Carlyle+Lana Parilla), this is DEFINITELY the show for you. Writers, fix the dialogue and I will bow down to you as my new deities.
  • Last episode

This show is so good , great beyond words . the last episode of the season 1 just bluew me away . The show was rly good till now but now it surpassed itself. I HOPE THEY GET ALOT OF AWARDS cause they surely diserve to
  • Robert Carlyle is Superb!

Can I just say Robert Carlyle is one of the finest actors I have ever seen!

He is brilliant!

The way he portrays Rumplestiltskin is absolutely amazing. He truly is a superb actor. Robert Carlyle surely deserves an Emmy for his role as Mr Gold and Rumplestiltskin. He is probably one of the best actors on TV right now.

My top 6 actor on TV at the moment are

1. John Noble as Walter Bishop and any other Walter Bishops he plays

2. Robert Carlyle as Mr Gold/Rumplestiltskin

3. Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House

4. Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham and any other Olivia Dunham

5. Mariska Hargitay as Olivia Benson

6. Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop

• Improving every episode!

This show is growing on me, really like it more the more you watch. I'm only at episode 12 which was the best one so far for me and a bonus to see Emily de Ravin from Lost there! Hehe but the way they weave the two worlds into each other while keeping so much mysteries intrigues me and love it! Hope the rest of the season doesn't dissapoint :)
  • Fairytale Fantasy

Fairytales always appeal to everyone and we've been raised on them since we were little, so any show that delves into this and our childhood is bound to be a success. For this reason we can really relate to Henry and how and why he views everyone a fairytale character.

This show is exceptional as we not only get a chance to be young again but also there's a twist involved in that the stories can be as dark or as funny as the writers want.

You always end up rooting for someone in this show and never Madam Mayor/Evil Queen which just goes to prove how well the show is also cast.

Once again a winning formula, this show is not only Once Upon A Time...a superb piece of TV but happily ever after for us there will be another season!
  • Phenomenal Show

This show never seems to lose its luster. It is always fresh, suspenseful and action-packed. It is great how that go back into the lives of the characters in the land of magic. Once Upon A Time could go on for years and not get boring, as long as there is not a huge gap between seasons. The show Heroes was a great show, but the story-lines were changed and the gaps between seasons were too great, interest waned. Keep the writing fresh, the suspense suspenseful and the action coming; this show will last and is a great show.
  • LOVE THIS SHOW!

Love this show soo much I started a video blog!

• love this show !

best show ever ! i wish it'd air more than once a week ! really cant get enough of it

• An amazing show

This TV Show is probably the second best that ABC has ever had... it is so interesting, the actors are amazing and the visual effects used to build the fantasy world of the show are made with such quality... it is all amazing. I hope this show will not get canceled any time soon, because i am sure it has many interesting things to show it's viewers... i really am looking forward to the next episode and of course expect the epic season finale... and i guess it will be quite awesome as the rest of this incredible show.
  • fairy tales work everytime!

This show is unbelievable. Never expected that when I started to watch it and now I can't wait for the next episode!!!
  • Great episode!

SPOILER ALERT!!

This was a very good episode of Once upon a time. The story of how the queen became evil was interesting, even though it was rather predictable of how it was going to play out. Damn, the girl who played young Snow White is talented! She clearly memorized and learned Mary Margareths maneourisms and how she talked, it blew my mind!

But i do have one question: why the hell do Emma get her hopes up when she tries to take down the queen? From seconds even before she found the broken shovel I knew that the Queen was going to switch it out before they came back. I have had much respect for the Emma-character, actually she is one of the few main female characters I love in TV-shows. But in this episode she was stupid. And it's weird how she doesn't know that the reporter was lying? Isn't her superpower knowing when people are lying? But this didn't make the episode much worse. This show is getting better and better!
  • Great Show

I love the whole magical mystery thing... the world needs more of that! It's so much better than lost, as with that everyone was trying to find the actual reason behind everything whereas with this the writers have leeway to do pretty much anything. I love the way they're taking the story... slow.. but not too slow... revealing just enough with each episode. I love mystery and wondering what everything is about. Great show.. PLEASE keep it going for at least 9 seasons :) !!! I don't ask for much!
  • Completely LOVE this show!

I have been so intrigued with this show ever since the first episode. I cannot believe that ABC has left it on the air this long. Typically when a show is this great they cancel it before you can even get this involved. The characters are so engaging and the storyline is amazing. It is an outlook on the old faerie tales that I never thought of before and not to be cliche but it is extremely charming.

I am not a big Jennifer Morrison fan, as a matter of fact until this show I really disliked her a lot but this show is so good that I even enjoy her character. It does have a great cast but most of the time I am so enthralled with the story and plot that I do not think the cast would matter at this point. The story is THAT good. I really will be devastated if ABC does not keep up with this show.
  • An AMAZING tv-show

"Once upon a time" it's maybe one of the best tv-shows made lately.

The storyline is so well done and the characters are awesome.

The combination of reality and fairytale is amazing !

I love this show and i really hope that it will have a good end, not being cancel as other good tv-shows.
  • once upon a time is a must watch..

once upon a time totally caught me off guard.i've been putting off watching the show for a few months but finally got around to it last night at 3am.

i was able to watch the first two episodes and i must say the show is brilliant,the blend of fairytale and reality is superb.The writers have crafted another masterpiece after the excellence of lost.Not only does this show ooze potential but also the characters and special effects are not bad at all.

p.s a lil bit cheesy lol
  • I BEG ABC NOT TO EVER CANCEL THIS ONE

i luv this show with all my heart, the same goes for my friends and family.....if ABC should ever cancel the show at all, it will hurt a lot of people.
  • PERFECTION

love this show. one of the most amazing i've seen since Lost finished airing go figure maybe because the writers are the best??? who knew.
1 2 3 4 5 6