Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews page 4 of 7

• So good...

Great show, interesting storylines, great acting! Currently my my fave television show!
  • Amazing

I love this show
  • Once upon a time we have quality

Hey all.

THis is a great show. NIce story. Small little tweaks on the fairy tales and a nice central story.

But I would like to know why we are only having 9 episodes in this season? For real????
  • In Love with this show!

I am a busy, working mom with two small kids. I don't have alot of free time. This is the one show I MUST watch each week and is the ONLY show I watch each week. Daddy gets the kids so I can watch "my show". I like how the characters and story develops each episode and how it is not cliche or predictable. The creators of this show are brilliant!!!! Love it, Love it, Love it! Thank you for my little escape each week!
  • Surprised

I just started watching this show two weeks ago because it was the "study up" category for my bar trivia league. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. Ginnifer Goodwin was a brilliant casting choice as Snow, just so believable as the sweet yet strong princess.

My favorite part of the show is how their lives from fairy tale world parallel what is going on in Storybrooke. It almost gives me that Shakespeare in Love feel where you think you know the story but the writers have changed and adapted it just enough to make it fresh. Also strong is Lana Parrilla as Queen/Regina. The evil looks she gives are quite believable.
  • Once upon a show!

One of the best shows I've watched. A very good and interesting first season and a great second season so far! I hope they will keep up the good work!
  • Good, but could be better

It is a good story. Acting isn't laways that good though, and the fight scenes could use some work. I've seen a few fight scenes where you can clearly see it's a phantom punch.
  • Love on first sight...

When I first saw it I fell in love. It's amazing how one show can capture you. Good work.
  • Mah Mind is a boggling!

I am really enjoying OUAT this season, excited to see whats to come :)
  • amazing ...

just amazing brilliant show ... the story is too good .. and the 2nd season is even more good than the first
  • Great serie

Although I agree with some reviewer about the special effects, I, for one, find the idea of bringing all the Fairy tale characters together in a series is great.

I watched the entire 1st series with my daughter and she loves it. Although she already knows all the stories, she loves the way the one story relates to the other. And I agree with her.

• It's about time

I was hooked on this show from the very beginning. This is my favorite television show and it just keeps getting better. The writers of this show really know what they are doing.
  • Fariy tale romp

Good fun entertainment. The show is well written and even though the acting is a bit lame at times, with only Robert Carlyle exhibiting any genuine character development, it isn't as bad a some of it's critics would have us believe.

It's a fantasy tale and as such is able to play around with the story however the writers like. They do a good job of introducing fairy tale characters from different cultures to drive the series forward and I for one like what the producers have done thus far.

It could be a bit more grown up but with a family audience in mind it hits the mark quite well. Just enough to keep mums n dads interested with a reasonable degree of eye candy floating around while keeping the stories modern and exciting enough to keep the kids interested. Yes the monsters could be more like those in Lord of The Rings but that costs hundreds of millions and the show wouldn't last five minutes. It has to compete with shows like Merlin and Grimm, which it does very well.
  • It's a pity

I LOVE the story, the writings are great but seriously what is wrong with these actors! they couldn't be any worse, it's so artificial, directing is not that bad except for combat scenes they really need to do sth about it.

And the worst of worst is the visual effects, seriously we are in 2012. TAKE IT UP A NOTCH will you?

It has a great story i wish the production would be as good.
  • ONCE UPON A TIME

I Thing the only reason i like watch once upon a time is that i like that kid Henry and prince charming and snow white i think..
  • Very good

A great series, could have some more monsters though. I love the Regina ( Lana Parrilla ), she's hot and that cute scar on her lip = sexy.
  • Missing episode?

I was on an airplane yesterday and noticed the in flight video was showing a OUaT episode where Emma was fighting a dragon. I didn't put in my headphones because the show was almost over and I thought it might have been the show from 14-Oct.

Then I was watching the show from the 14th and Emma made a reference to having had killed a dragon. I can't find any description in the episode guide that refers to this dragon episode.

What gives?

• Good Show

Most inventive show in a long time
  • love it!

oh yea!!!! sunday baby.. its about damn time :) and this season we finally get to find out who henrys dad is :)
  • It took over 15 minutes to actually get going.

When a new show is aired, I think it's REALLY important that the attention of the audience is grabbed right from the beginning. This did not happen with 'Once Upon A Time'. It was convoluted and very mixed up; extremely 'back and forth' and still nothing was actually happening. I'm not going to stop watching after just one episode but I hope that things improve in future. I found the best thing about it to be young Henry, his acting seemed far superior to everyone elses. I will see what I think of episode 2.
  • My opinion

Hi, my name is Sarah and I love to watch Once Upon a Time. What I like about the show is how it plays on and you espect one thing to happen then 'BAM' the opposite thing happens and all the drama and how each charater connects to onoter one or each other. I just wish that this show could play forever.
  • A MAGICAL EXPERIENCE

ONE OF THE BEST SHOW OUT THERE ..NO ONE SHOULD MISS IT....ITS A MAGICAL EXPERIENCE .... GREAT SHOW ... CAN,T WAIT FOR SEASON 2
  • AWESOME SHOW I WONDER WHO THE

Dude is with the typewriter. i am not quite sure if rumplestiltskin is good or bad.
  • Season 1 was great

I loved season 1 a lot. I love how they show the characters in Storybrooke and switch to their lives in the fantasy world so that you understand them little by little, especially in the mad hatter's story, "Hat Trick". However, I'm a little worried about where its going to go in season 2, but since this is a review I don't want to delve into why, but if you've seen the ending of season 1, I'm sure you know what I mean. I think it could either be really great or ruin what made the first season so magical.
  • Love the Show

Love the show and can't wait for the new season to start in September. All Once upon a time fans it starts September 30th. Finally the wait is almost over. I am surprised they haven't shown reruns of the first season getting us geared up for the new season
  • In sweden they have split the season 1

in sweden they did not show all the episodes. they show to episode 11, so now in 16th of august they begin at episode 12, it is not season 2 thats begins now.. :/
  • early premiere on season 2 in sweden!

Its true, here in sweden it airs on august 16th ! :D cant wait untill then !
  • Good, with the potential to be great

I'm new to reviews, but I felt I have to contribute to one of my favorite new shows of last season. If you have even the slightest interest in fairy tales and Disney, and you don't mind a little creative changes, you will love this show without the doubt, it has a better Snow White then both of the movie that came out this year, I feel she easily catches the essence of what Snow is, and can easily be seen as the fairest in the land.

The characters are easily the best part of the show, and the cast really shows it, if you aren't at least a little shaken up by Robert Carlyle performance as Mr.Gold/Rumplestiltskin I'd be shocked, his first scene in the pilot was breathtaking, and Lana Parilla is wonderful as the evil Queen, and easily makes the Queen a character you love to hate, while also making us a bit sympathetic towards her. Jennifer Morrison is great as the lead, but in all honesty she pales in comparison to the supporting cast, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Henry is annoying at first, but give him a chance he will grow on you as you finish the season. And I must give props to the guest roles because they were the best, particularly Sebastian Stan(Bucky Barnes!) as the Mad Hatter, who FYI is one of my favorite characters in book history, I first read Alice and Wonderland in the original story, so to see him like this was a dream come true, and Stan nails the mad guy. The cast is just amazing and one of the best on TV right now.

While there are not many weak points in the fabulous first season, I have one major gripe, they tortured Mary Margaret(Snow White) and David(Charming) storybrooke relationship to a point they both seemed out of character, I don't believe MM would have ever been caught up in a affair, and I just thought that was stupid writing decision, and I hope they avoid too much relationship drama in season 2.

Most of the episodes are excellent, but there were few that are obvious filler, and while some of them were good entertainment, I didn't enjoy other...True North and Dreamy in particular.

Now if you are not willing to give the whole season a shot, I recommend Pilot, Snow Falls, The Heart is a lonely hunter, Desperate Souls, Hat Trick and an Apple as Red as Blood as the best this season has to offer.

So far season 1 really impressed me, but I still feel there is room for improvement and I really hope S2 does just that.

• tinkerbellxx1

Seriously this is #1 of my favorite shows, normally do not watch TV .but I do watch this, I think that life should be a fairy tale. I do not remember the Fairy tales being so exciting: )next season is starting September 30th Yea.
  • The best!

When does season 2 begin! in sweden they say it starts 16th of august???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7