Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews (191)

• Disappointed fan

I love the show, but I was very disappointed with this episode and

I was not surprised at all that Peter Pan was Rump's father. To be honest, I have been let down by the last 2 seasons because the show is no longer about fantasies, it is about the drama that happens in our lives. People in the real world fight about who will have the rights of their children. The show has become a soap opera and I would like to just say good luck trying to have another season. The whole Peter Pan story has gone on longer than enough. The writers should either "fix" it or just give up. Sorry but the truth hurts.

• Peter Pan is the "Bad guy"??? WHY???

WHY???????!!!!!
  • Sick of

3.5
    Pan, sick of Bae/Neal. The show hooks are in Regina and Emma and the writer's need to get a grip.
  • A HUGE disappointment

3.5

I am forever a LOST fan..and was looking forward to this new show..what a letdown it is. LOST had a variety of characters, with distinct personalities..Sawyer, Jack, Syeed (sic), Kate..thie new show does not have one compelling, interesting character..this show SUCKS!! Bad & overacted..Rumple is a joke with the bad teeth and green skin..so over the top, he doesn;t evoke fear, just a wtf, next please..bad acting, bad scripts, the only good actors are...the witch, and the little kid..everyone else is flat, and boring..I am forcing myself to watch it in the hopes that something clever and interesting will happen..which it DOESN'T..this show will lose ratings and probalby not come back a year from now.too bad, coulda been terrific, instead it ifalls as short as the 7 dwarfs.

• I think not

I was in a "in between series" period and started watching this one . I thought to give it a shot Now mind you : My "In between series don't have to be very good Just entertainment is alright with me. But even with the lowest of expectations : this is too much for me . I don't know what the writers want But as a sleeping aid it is well done.
  • Truly Terrible show. Excellent cast, but horrible writers & production values.

This could have been great, and my family really wanted to enjoy it. Alas, no. The cast it wonderful, the acting is fine with a great crew. However, the storylines are truly pathetic and completely unenjoyable, and there is apparently virtually no effects budget. The clincher was when they had an episode with Dr Frankenstein. OMG, so bad. soon after that episode we all wrote this show off as it spiraled down past mediocrity. No more.
  • Disappointed !

I agree ! every time that I watch a new episodes i get more disappointed !! I just hope they do something about it ! All these last episodes could be combined in one !
  • EMMA SWAN is AN IDIOT

4.5
    I can see that the writers make Emma Swan a total idiot because her character seems to be lacking the conviction of being a true then she brought Marian could have changed the NOT CHANGE THE I hope in Season 4 Emma and her mother Snow White just that would be tragic or a new warlock come into power....
  • Zelena bad acting

4.5
    There have been so many fine performances on this show. But Zelena?? She does not belong with the other excellent actors and actresses here. Show has become almost unwatchable because of her. Hope she is gone soon. Please.
  • Feels like a "Fables" comic ripoff

I think there was a comic book series that had the same premise more than 12 years ago. The show may be apealing at certian points and the acting is very decent but I just dont like the fact that the show is not 100% original.
  • Meh..

Too cheesy and too kiddie for my taste
  • Did you notice?

The drive by car in the summer castle with Snow and Charming
  • Once Upon a Fail

I like the basic idea of this series, story book characters being trapped in our own world while not remembering who they really are. I like the idea so much, that I REALLY want to like the show itself, and I know I've tried. But after having watched the entire first season (22 episodes qualifies as giving it a fighting chance, I think), with every episode hoping that it would get any better, I must say this show is mediocre at best.

Sure, it's not all bad. It's been fun watching the background stories of some of the characters unfold, so for example you get to see how the Evil Queen became the evil woman she is and why exactly she hates Snow White so much. Also, as time goes by more story book characters are revealed for who they really are, which is also fun and sometimes surprising (especially in the case of the mysterious writer).

However, this show has too many flaws to make up for the few positive notes. The characters are way too flat for my liking (and they stay that way for the entire first season) and the show comes across as very childish - ironically the same case could be made for most stories that are actually IN story books. No wonder that so many people seem to watch this show with their children: they are probably the ones who can appreciate this show the most. A lot of times the acting feels fake and unsincere: when you're constantly reminded that you're watching people acting, instead of just watching people, that's not a good thing. And it's not just the acting, it's the whole picture: this show is for a big part about magic and for it to be believable you need the visual effects to be convincing. I'm afraid a lot of times, it's just not. Finally, this show means to be exciting, thrilling, keeping you at the edge of your seat... Yet again, they fail big time. It doesn't get thrilling or exciting ANYWHERE! Sure, sometimes there are some mysteries you wonder about (like who is this or that character really?) and when they are revealed you feel happy you know, but it's by far not enough to keep you at the edge of your seat. There's just not enough interesting things happening, and when they DO happen they're not convincing because of the acting, visual effects and lack of character development I've mentioned before.

It really is a shame, this could have been such an awesome show, but this way it's just not worth spending your precious time on. Unless you're a kid ofcourse, then you might love it! In that case I unfortunaly have to say, "I'm getting too old for this sh-".
  • I'm So Confused!

This show is trying to be so many things at once. Kingdom Hearts, with all its retcons, is easier to understand. I couldn't follow it anymore after Mr. Gold took on more roles than just Rumpelstiltskin. He can't be the Beast and the Crocodile too, can he?? It's like he gets a whole new personality when the main characters leave the room and "Belle" enters. What's more, Captain Hook is more like Jack Sparrow than what I was expecting. i just can't watch this anymore, I'm sorry.
  • not convinced

I watched the 5 first episodes of Once upon a time but I'm just not convinced.. When I saw the promo for this show I couldn't wait to see it.. I don't know what's bugging me in this show..

Does it get any better the following episodes?

• Ashes Ashes the writng has fallen down!

How it is possible to go from brilliance to disappointment can only be explained when I found out the show has the same creators as Lost. Episodes 7 and 8 barely causing me to stay awake -Except to watch the car wreck of Red's back story.. I could go on. Just as in Lost, the story is getting tangled and boring without the hook to of a mysterious ending to keep viewers tuned in. I loved season one, the cohesion of the episodes was perfection. If I had to guess this could be a combination of too many cooks in the kitchen and one ego maniac head chef! Get it together or you will spoil the soup! Have a lovely night!

P.S. I must also point out that Henry's poor acting should be addressed; the boy has had several episodes to show improvement... yawn! please also note that this is only my opinion and certainly not fact. I do love the show and would hate to have to walk away from it,, taking my fan base with me..
  • It's a pity

I LOVE the story, the writings are great but seriously what is wrong with these actors! they couldn't be any worse, it's so artificial, directing is not that bad except for combat scenes they really need to do sth about it.

And the worst of worst is the visual effects, seriously we are in 2012. TAKE IT UP A NOTCH will you?

It has a great story i wish the production would be as good.
  • ONCE UPON A TIME

I Thing the only reason i like watch once upon a time is that i like that kid Henry and prince charming and snow white i think..
  • AWESOME SHOW I WONDER WHO THE

Dude is with the typewriter. i am not quite sure if rumplestiltskin is good or bad.
  • Disappointed

5.5
    I looked forward to this show and believed the hype. What a disappointment it was. Boring, slow and silly. I tried to love it. I wanted to . . .
  • Wow what a cliffhanger!!

5.5
    March seems a little too long to wait for the next episode hehe, loved this season so far, especially the last episode, what a cliffhanger that was!

I'll be anxiously anticipating the next episode.
  • Fictive world, Real Entertainment

5.5
    I am not up to date in this show, I just watched the first 6 episodes and I am positively surprised!

Such a beautiful story combined with astonishing characters! Really looking forward to see the next episodes but also afraid the story contradicts itself in some way... well, lets hope not!
  • Frustrating Show

What frustrating show! OUaT sounds like such a good idea in theory, and Season 1 started to get on the right track (plus they have a wonderful costume department), but Season 2 has been terrible!

Jeez, Kitsis and Horowitz treat the audience like we're dummies who can't remember what happened last week! They threw all of Regina's character development out the window and waste the talents of many in the cast. The consistency of episodes is hit -or-miss and has been increasingly disappointing.

I hope that Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle move on to a different project that can better utilize their talents. As for me, I'm done with OUaT. Let me know if they do a Rumbelle spin-off.
  • Henry is a nagging little snit!

How does anyone thing that Henry is good character? He is just so blinded sided by who Regina was in the old world that he doesn't expect her to be anything but the Evil Queen. And she tries, she really tried but he's so stuck in his thinking. Why should she try anything when he'll never change. I'm not saying that the Evil Queen is a saint now. But she did raise him, she loves him. and he's a nagging, ungrateful little snit.
  • It took over 15 minutes to actually get going.

When a new show is aired, I think it's REALLY important that the attention of the audience is grabbed right from the beginning. This did not happen with 'Once Upon A Time'. It was convoluted and very mixed up; extremely 'back and forth' and still nothing was actually happening. I'm not going to stop watching after just one episode but I hope that things improve in future. I found the best thing about it to be young Henry, his acting seemed far superior to everyone elses. I will see what I think of episode 2.
  • Smart TV series has it's ups and downs

Once upon a time can be really good, but, some episodes can be mediocre. But, too see all these Disney fairytales come to life smart and dark is really satisfying. The TV Show is a fun interesting time.
  • Good, but could be better

It is a good story. Acting isn't laways that good though, and the fight scenes could use some work. I've seen a few fight scenes where you can clearly see it's a phantom punch.
  • * Clue is in the title *

As the title "Once upon a time" suggests, this series is based on fairy tales & fantasy fiction.

A welcomed hour's escape from all the horrible NEWS stories and serious TV programmes that fill the week.

I think its great.
  • The baddies rule

I'm halfway through season 3 of OuaT & was just wondering am I the only one who thinks that Regina & Rumplestilskin are the true hero's of the story, charming & snow are just plain boring.
  • Fun to watch.

First season was kinda slow and boring the first few episodes but once it finally picked up pace and dug into all the juicy stuff it got really good. It leaves me in suspense every week and the next episode just can't come fast enough. I love it.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7