Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 In Season

Gislef

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews (187)

• A HUGE disappointment

3.5

I am forever a LOST fan..and was looking forward to this new show..what a letdown it is. LOST had a variety of characters, with distinct personalities..Sawyer, Jack, Syeed (sic), Kate..thie new show does not have one compelling, interesting character..this show SUCKS!! Bad & overacted..Rumple is a joke with the bad teeth and green skin..so over the top, he doesn;t evoke fear, just a wtf, next please..bad acting, bad scripts, the only good actors are...the witch, and the little kid..everyone else is flat, and boring..I am forcing myself to watch it in the hopes that something clever and interesting will happen..which it DOESN'T..this show will lose ratings and probalby not come back a year from now.too bad, coulda been terrific, instead it ifalls as short as the 7 dwarfs.

• AWESOME SHOW I WONDER WHO THE

Dude is with the typewriter. i am not quite sure if rumplestiltskin is good or bad.
  • It took over 15 minutes to actually get going.

When a new show is aired, I think it's REALLY important that the attention of the audience is grabbed right from the beginning. This did not happen with 'Once Upon A Time'. It was convoluted and very mixed up; extremely 'back and forth' and still nothing was actually happening. I'm not going to stop watching after just one episode but I hope that things improve in future. I found the best thing about it to be young Henry, his acting seemed far superior to everyone elses. I will see what I think of episode 2.
  • Peter Pan is the "Bad guy"??? WHY???

WHY???????!!!!!
  • Truly Terrible show. Excellent cast, but horrible writers & production values.

This could have been great, and my family really wanted to enjoy it. Alas, no. The cast it wonderful, the acting is fine with a great crew. However, the storylines are truly pathetic and completely unenjoyable, and there is apparently virtually no effects budget. The clincher was when they had an episode with Dr Frankenstein. OMG, so bad. soon after that episode we all wrote this show off as it spiraled down past mediocrity. No more.
  • Meh..

Too cheesy and too kiddie for my taste
  • I'm So Confused!

This show is trying to be so many things at once. Kingdom Hearts, with all its retcons, is easier to understand. I couldn't follow it anymore after Mr. Gold took on more roles than just Rumpelstiltskin. He can't be the Beast and the Crocodile too, can he?? It's like he gets a whole new personality when the main characters leave the room and "Belle" enters. What's more, Captain Hook is more like Jack Sparrow than what I was expecting. i just can't watch this anymore, I'm sorry.
  • Disappointed fan

I love the show, but I was very disappointed with this episode and

I was not surprised at all that Peter Pan was Rump's father. To be honest, I have been let down by the last 2 seasons because the show is no longer about fantasies, it is about the drama that happens in our lives. People in the real world fight about who will have the rights of their children. The show has become a soap opera and I would like to just say good luck trying to have another season. The whole Peter Pan story has gone on longer than enough. The writers should either "fix" it or just give up. Sorry but the truth hurts.

• i hope

i hope they cancel it i love it so much i
  • Once Upon a Fail

I like the basic idea of this series, story book characters being trapped in our own world while not remembering who they really are. I like the idea so much, that I REALLY want to like the show itself, and I know I've tried. But after having watched the entire first season (22 episodes qualifies as giving it a fighting chance, I think), with every episode hoping that it would get any better, I must say this show is mediocre at best.

Sure, it's not all bad. It's been fun watching the background stories of some of the characters unfold, so for example you get to see how the Evil Queen became the evil woman she is and why exactly she hates Snow White so much. Also, as time goes by more story book characters are revealed for who they really are, which is also fun and sometimes surprising (especially in the case of the mysterious writer).

However, this show has too many flaws to make up for the few positive notes. The characters are way too flat for my liking (and they stay that way for the entire first season) and the show comes across as very childish - ironically the same case could be made for most stories that are actually IN story books. No wonder that so many people seem to watch this show with their children: they are probably the ones who can appreciate this show the most. A lot of times the acting feels fake and unsincere: when you're constantly reminded that you're watching people acting, instead of just watching people, that's not a good thing. And it's not just the acting, it's the whole picture: this show is for a big part about magic and for it to be believable you need the visual effects to be convincing. I'm afraid a lot of times, it's just not. Finally, this show means to be exciting, thrilling, keeping you at the edge of your seat... Yet again, they fail big time. It doesn't get thrilling or exciting ANYWHERE! Sure, sometimes there are some mysteries you wonder about (like who is this or that character really?) and when they are revealed you feel happy you know, but it's by far not enough to keep you at the edge of your seat. There's just not enough interesting things happening, and when they DO happen they're not convincing because of the acting, visual effects and lack of character development I've mentioned before.

It really is a shame, this could have been such an awesome show, but this way it's just not worth spending your precious time on. Unless you're a kid ofcourse, then you might love it! In that case I unfortunaly have to say, "I'm getting too old for this sh-".
  • Zelena bad acting

4.5
    There have been so many fine performances on this show. But Zelena?? She does not belong with the other excellent actors and actresses here. Show has become almost unwatchable because of her. Hope she is gone soon. Please.
  • Ashes Ashes the writng has fallen down!

How it is possible to go from brilliance to disappointment can only be explained when I found out the show has the same creators as Lost. Episodes 7 and 8 barely causing me to stay awake -Except to watch the car wreck of Red's back story.. I could go on. Just as in Lost, the story is getting tangled and boring without the hook to of a mysterious ending to keep viewers tuned in. I loved season one, the cohesion of the episodes was perfection. If I had to guess this could be a combination of too many cooks in the kitchen and one ego maniac head chef! Get it together or you will spoil the soup! Have a lovely night!

P.S. I must also point out that Henry's poor acting should be addressed; the boy has had several episodes to show improvement... yawn! please also note that this is only my opinion and certainly not fact. I do love the show and would hate to have to walk away from it,, taking my fan base with me..
  • It's a pity

I LOVE the story, the writings are great but seriously what is wrong with these actors! they couldn't be any worse, it's so artificial, directing is not that bad except for combat scenes they really need to do sth about it.

And the worst of worst is the visual effects, seriously we are in 2012. TAKE IT UP A NOTCH will you?

It has a great story i wish the production would be as good.
  • ONCE UPON A TIME

I Thing the only reason i like watch once upon a time is that i like that kid Henry and prince charming and snow white i think..
  • I think not

I was in a "in between series" period and started watching this one . I thought to give it a shot Now mind you : My "In between series don't have to be very good Just entertainment is alright with me. But even with the lowest of expectations : this is too much for me . I don't know what the writers want But as a sleeping aid it is well done.
  • Disappointed !

I agree ! every time that I watch a new episodes i get more disappointed !! I just hope they do something about it ! All these last episodes could be combined in one !
  • Feels like a "Fables" comic ripoff

I think there was a comic book series that had the same premise more than 12 years ago. The show may be apealing at certian points and the acting is very decent but I just dont like the fact that the show is not 100% original.
  • not convinced

I watched the 5 first episodes of Once upon a time but I'm just not convinced.. When I saw the promo for this show I couldn't wait to see it.. I don't know what's bugging me in this show..

Does it get any better the following episodes?

• Disappointed

5.5
    I looked forward to this show and believed the hype. What a disappointment it was. Boring, slow and silly. I tried to love it. I wanted to . . .
  • Wow what a cliffhanger!!

5.5
    March seems a little too long to wait for the next episode hehe, loved this season so far, especially the last episode, what a cliffhanger that was!

I'll be anxiously anticipating the next episode.
  • Henry is a nagging little snit!

How does anyone thing that Henry is good character? He is just so blinded sided by who Regina was in the old world that he doesn't expect her to be anything but the Evil Queen. And she tries, she really tried but he's so stuck in his thinking. Why should she try anything when he'll never change. I'm not saying that the Evil Queen is a saint now. But she did raise him, she loves him. and he's a nagging, ungrateful little snit.
  • Smart TV series has it's ups and downs

Once upon a time can be really good, but, some episodes can be mediocre. But, too see all these Disney fairytales come to life smart and dark is really satisfying. The TV Show is a fun interesting time.
    I loved this show, i couldnt wait to see the next episode but putting frozen into this show pretty much killed it for me, i loved this show because it had all the fairy tales that i grew up watching, i havent seen Frozen, i know nothing about it, and im frankly tired of seeing/hearing about frozen, ill probably watch the first few episodes but since i know nothing about the frozen backstory this will probably make me not want to watch this anymore.
  • inspiring and interesting... but should get rid of a few characters.

i started watching the show with my neighbors and... i will admit the show is becoming more interesting to me when it comes to the battles and some of the characters. especially Rumpelstiltskin! i also like hook too.

But that Henry character is SO F***ing annoying!!!

it's getting to the point where i can't stand the kid! with every single episode, he is becoming less of a character and more of an annoyance. i can only think of one time when he got Emma into Storybrooke... but THAT'S IT!!! the kid has not done ANYTHING USEFUL WHATSOEVER!!!

he had better do something useful soon or i will deam him as the Worst Character ever!! SERIOUSLY!!

i also think that Cora should get her ass kicked by either Regiena or Hook.

other than that, THIS SHOW ROCKS!!!

Also... PLEASE INVOLVE MERLIN FROM THE LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR!!!!!!!
  • Missing episode?

I was on an airplane yesterday and noticed the in flight video was showing a OUaT episode where Emma was fighting a dragon. I didn't put in my headphones because the show was almost over and I thought it might have been the show from 14-Oct.

Then I was watching the show from the 14th and Emma made a reference to having had killed a dragon. I can't find any description in the episode guide that refers to this dragon episode.

What gives?

• Season 2 is boring

The idea is brilliant and I fell hard for the series when I watched season 1. It's perfect, the cast, the storyline, the costume and acting. But I got bored in season 2, too many new characters and plotline.
  • Tangled

I feel like they should put in Rapunzel and Flynn Rider in the show that would make it a 10
  • You never dissappoint! Love this show!!!

Our family watches this show together and we love trying to guess what will happen next. I predict that Neil/Bay is actually Hook's son and the heart of the truest believer isn't going to work. Rump will be upset but he's in a box so who cares! Good show. Keep it up. Don't change anything.

Well, after this last episode, it still seems that Hook could be Neil's father but looking forward to the next season to see how this all pans out. Please don't use this show to market your Disney park. It will be too obvious and a turn off for the true adult viewers. Stay creative and interesting and you have our view. Can't wait for March!!
  • Henry Mills Char

Hi, Henry. How are you sweety. I just wanted to let you know that I'm your fan and that you are doing a great, great job. If it wasn't for you in the story I wouldn't be watching the show with my kids. You are also the main important part of the show. You are the smartest of them all, you're always trying to help everyone to keep everybody safe from being harm in anyway, and that's why you are very important in the story. You are also very smart and brave. You are a good example to my kids. I wish you were my kid. Don't never let anyone tell you any difference. You are a very special boy and god bless your parents for doing a great job of raising you. bye sweety.
  • Frustrating Show

What frustrating show! OUaT sounds like such a good idea in theory, and Season 1 started to get on the right track (plus they have a wonderful costume department), but Season 2 has been terrible!

Jeez, Kitsis and Horowitz treat the audience like we're dummies who can't remember what happened last week! They threw all of Regina's character development out the window and waste the talents of many in the cast. The consistency of episodes is hit -or-miss and has been increasingly disappointing.

I hope that Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle move on to a different project that can better utilize their talents. As for me, I'm done with OUaT. Let me know if they do a Rumbelle spin-off.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7