Once Upon a Time

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Oct 23, 2011 Returning September 28, 2014

Gislef

Once Upon a Time Fan Reviews (176)

• Disappointed

5.5
    I looked forward to this show and believed the hype. What a disappointment it was. Boring, slow and silly. I tried to love it. I wanted to . . .
  • The baddies rule

I'm halfway through season 3 of OuaT & was just wondering am I the only one who thinks that Regina & Rumplestilskin are the true hero's of the story, charming & snow are just plain boring.
  • Season 4 Promo

4XtI
  • long live the evil queen

Long live the evil queen :-)
  • love the show but god dammit emma!

she had to ruin regins happiness just like her mother poor regina i hope hood stays with regina
  • ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV!!

Thank you for creating a series that is so incredibly captivating!! It's challenging to find great shows on TV. I find that the best ones come to an end too quickly so I pray to God that that doesn't happen to Once Upon a Time. I love how characters that can really tick you off - pure evil and annoying in their antics can gradually become so loveable even with their imperfections. The stories make it impossible to wait for what comes next, that's the only downside haha.
  • EMMA SWAN is AN IDIOT

4.5
    I can see that the writers make Emma Swan a total idiot because her character seems to be lacking the conviction of being a true then she brought Marian could have changed the NOT CHANGE THE I hope in Season 4 Emma and her mother Snow White just that would be tragic or a new warlock come into power....
  • Poor Regina

I just finished watching season 3 ... loved every moment. I really liked Neil, but it actually made sense what happened to him, as for Hook, would someone change his clothes?? My God, for how many seasons is he gonna wear those clothes??

Now Maryon showing up??? Seariously? Doesn't Regina deserve to be happy, she earned it, she proved she was hoping that even with Maryon back in the picture that chooses Regina over she actually dies like she was supose to!!!
  • once upon a time

I love this show I can't wait til fall i love mr gold and the beautiful evil queen are amazing
  • Can't wait for Season 4

I love this show so much. In all its glory and faults. I specially love lily sparks review. I just recently discovered it (Like Season 3 episode 17) and have since LOL reading it and now I've read all of her reviews about every episodes of the show.

Can't wait for season 4.

• Zelena bad acting

4.5
    There have been so many fine performances on this show. But Zelena?? She does not belong with the other excellent actors and actresses here. Show has become almost unwatchable because of her. Hope she is gone soon. Please.
  • Excellent for all ages

We are loving once upon a time... Even my husband sits with us and our children to watch the show. It attracts viewers of all ages and keeps us on the edge of our seats waiting for the next episodes. You are doing a great job, please keep them coming.
  • Different, sweet

I just like that this show is different from all the others. It is something that one could even watch with kids, so it's no agreesive or dark. It reminds me of the fairytales I read as a child. I love the fact that there are so many different characters and they are all loveable in some way. And I am so excited that Regina finally finds her place! From the very beginning I could just not hate her. I am excited for whats to come.
  • It's becoming tedious

First of, while overall Season One was very well done, I cant help but feel that the shows becoming a little more like a Saturday morning cartoon show then anything else, through lack of a better term, the main reason for this seems to have been shown very prominently within the Third Season. While still ongoing obviously, my main problem with it that I have is arcs are introduced, as in they are clearly separated within the two parts of the series.

In all they just seem a little to forced for me, granted the Peter Pan arc got a little build up within Season Two, but still I feel it was very forced in the sense that 'Hey! we need a new big threat now!' and that's how I feel that it is becoming more of a cartoon show.

As in the transition of the story, how it continually just jump form one big villain arc to another mid season by mid season, for example with Cora in the first half of Season Two, and then Gregg and Tamara in the next, and as we are seeing with season three, Pan in the first and the Witch in the next. This just seems to be boring and very parable and as I said very parable to that of a cliche cartoon show, where the entire plot of a season would center around an 'all powerful villain' and the heroes trying to stop them.

Again granted that did work with the First Season, with Regina, our current Queen of sass, but it gave you the sense that she and the whimsical Rumple, where in fact just misunderstood characters, that had gone through terrible hardships within their lives, which gave them more feel to their characters, made them that more of a memorable villain. This gave the show, for me, a feeling that they were not going to just rehash the same thing we've seen so many times in other shows in which the whole villain plot been the entire center of the season, and that they were going to explore other ways of moving the story forward.

Like again what was done greatly in the First season, showing the real life conflicts of living in the 'real world' and applying this to that of the fairy tale characters, which was what made the show so unique in the first place.

However now I just feel that this whole villain per mid season thing is killing off the shows uniqueness, and how they all somehow have to be related to Henry? Couldn't Pan just of been Rumples best friend? Instead of going down that frankly cliche story of the villain been the hero's (or whatever Rumple is now) father. Couldn't Zelena be just someone the queen had wronged? Instead of going down the again cliche evil or in this case wicked sister road. Wouldn't showing the extent that the Queen had pushed someone in the past to make them such an evil witch right in the middle of her redemption be more relevant within the story? Instead of Rumple's jealous ex-student which we have already seen within Cora's Arc.

But don't get me wrong some of the villains were pretty good, Peter Pan was well acted, it was nice to give Rumple someone to contend with for the throne of the 'big bad' of the series.

Cora was good to, Barbra Hershey is always good a what she does, and the fact that she was actually developed in the First Season and not forced like a certain wicked witch, allows the plot surrounding her to be for interesting.

But season Three's plot however seems to just be reusing old ideas, like the villain been student of Rumple whose in love with him (seriously that guy gets all the girl's for some and then him or her been related to Henry or one of the character that their supposed to be the arch nemesis off, and that they have had terrible lives prior to this, and I mean I know that the writers are trying to get the message across that evil is made, but I think it was pretty apparent with the sass Queen and Rumpleplayboy.

Its not like I don't like the series anymore, its just is getting more predicable as it goes on, and has gotten to the point where it has to rely on character ships as a subplot, which I wouldn't mind now and again, but it's every episode now, and connived with the predicable writing of the characters and story arcs again it all now just seems as if it where a cartoon series. Which is shown through that of Neal's death, something that was seemingly brushed off within the space of what? 24 hours by both his farther and lover alike, I don't know about you but I sure a person but be pretty destroyed if their son or lover had died. I mean Rumple and Emma are quite cool with it by the end of the episode that proceeded it. Heartless so and so's....

Still pretty an enjoyable series, especially with Season One, good story, good hero, good behind the scenes villain plot at the end, and off course fantastic villains.

I just have give praise to Robert Carlyle, he really got me invested in his character, and when he got those villain 'Master manipulator villain I win fuck you moments' he played them fantastically. Even his romance was quite heart wrenching, which was especially good because, as most of you are probably going to think after reading this, I don't have one, or at least a very big one.

And off course Regina, well Regina is just Regina, queen of sass and that of the bad ass one liners.

• Renewal, pretty please?

Please get this show renewed! I love this show!
  • Feels like a "Fables" comic ripoff

I think there was a comic book series that had the same premise more than 12 years ago. The show may be apealing at certian points and the acting is very decent but I just dont like the fact that the show is not 100% original.
  • i love this searies very much

I really loooooooooooove this Series and hope it will have season 4
  • I love a good fairy tale!

This so is so fun to get immersed in! I don't believe it will last 2 more seasons though.
  • Once upon a time

One of the best shows on television... not as good as it was in past seasons but still great
  • Meh..

Too cheesy and too kiddie for my taste
  • Great series

I think the show is awesome, I'm glad more characters are coming to the forefront... If I had to sit and only watch Emma and Henry all season long I'd be bored or nauseated by episode 2... Besides this show is about our favourite fairytales and bringing them to life with a twist, the way the writers have brought them all together is brilliant!

I don't recommend watching episodes to close together tho... Some characters are unexpectedly annoying when you watch them for too long... and the wait for this next episode is a bit ridiculous... There's keeping people in suspense and then there's just plain old taking too long

Overall I love the series... The team is doing a terrific job :) :) :)
  • Pretty slick / Long term vision of plots

Season 3 mid review:

I like the way the show is structured. It is interesting to see how they weave the fairy tales into this story line. Rumple's Dad is Peter Pan.. Who would have thought? There are of course a few loopholes, for example, why does Neil have go regress into the curse when he was brought to this world before ithe curse started? After all, Henry wouldn't be Henry without Emma and Neil mating. Well anyways, seems that it might just be they have their memories after all, since Hook came back to NYC.

Rumple and his Dad dissapeared (allegedly died) in Storybrooke. Will the breaking of the curse restore them? Who knows..

The break in the season seems too darn long too me.

--------

Ok, I've watched both seasons in 1 week, and yes, thank you for the ability to get shows online.

First season was great and ended on a nice cliffhanger. Second season was actually pretty slick, especially the ending.

Obviously, Peter Pan is going to be the threat in Season 3, part 1, it makes sense, he's the big bad of NeverLand.

Now, I've read some of the reviews here, and some people think that Season 2 didn't make any sense. Well, I disagree with that.

Basically, as we are talking about alternate worlds, which is really what this is all about and the power of magic vs science. And it's all done based on so called fairy tales. Nothing wrong with that.

Furthermore there is dimension to the characters, and that's refreshing. A lot of nuance.

For those of you who pine for Regina and her character development, well the show is about much more than the Evil Queen.

In the end, she's a pawn, let's face it. But character development there has been.

There is providence and fate intertwining with Rumpelstiltskin rather large manipulation of events, all geared towards getting back his son.

The show is going somewhere and it's hard to predict where, and that's refreshing.

For the most part, there has been a lot of interesting twists and a lot of unexpected development in the show.

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm just wondering if there will be a clean ending at some point. Maybe in 3 or 4 seasons from now.

Henry seems to be way much more than he seems in many ways. Why would Peter Pan be seeking him?

Is Peter Pan also working for someone else? Based on the patterns I've seen, I would NOT be surprised.

Anyways, looking forward to the 3rd season, it's going to be a long summer........
  • Wow what a cliffhanger!!

5.5
    March seems a little too long to wait for the next episode hehe, loved this season so far, especially the last episode, what a cliffhanger that was!

I'll be anxiously anticipating the next episode.
  • Why I don't dislike Henry!!

I know there will be many who want to beat me with a stick - but I do actually like Henry. I think the writers need to give Jarrad better scripts to work with - but I think those last couple of episodes of Season 3, have proven the kid can act.

I was bawling on " You're not a villain, you're my mum".. OMG

Henry is the catalyst - for everything...

And he was Rumple's undoing - if he had not brought Emma to Storybrook, the curse would not have been broken and Rumple would not have had to deal with Pan... eventually.

I like that the writers are always setting things up for the next chapter. The writers obviously have a long-term vision.

Bring on March

• once upon a time

This show is awesome! The storyline is always packed with things to keep you guessing more.
  • You never dissappoint! Love this show!!!

Our family watches this show together and we love trying to guess what will happen next. I predict that Neil/Bay is actually Hook's son and the heart of the truest believer isn't going to work. Rump will be upset but he's in a box so who cares! Good show. Keep it up. Don't change anything.

Well, after this last episode, it still seems that Hook could be Neil's father but looking forward to the next season to see how this all pans out. Please don't use this show to market your Disney park. It will be too obvious and a turn off for the true adult viewers. Stay creative and interesting and you have our view. Can't wait for March!!
  • I Wouldn't Change a Thing

It is remarkably clever how the writers managed to weave a coherent plot that I consider both classy and entertaining, I never thought that the initial proposition of the show would yield such a fantastic result, and watching all the chapters at once provides a view of how beautifully made this show really is, I suggest that people should watch it more in detail before posting negative things about this show. Many years from now this show will be viewed as an all time classic, with beautiful photography direction and all the ingredients to make this show really unforgettable.
  • Truly Terrible show. Excellent cast, but horrible writers & production values.

This could have been great, and my family really wanted to enjoy it. Alas, no. The cast it wonderful, the acting is fine with a great crew. However, the storylines are truly pathetic and completely unenjoyable, and there is apparently virtually no effects budget. The clincher was when they had an episode with Dr Frankenstein. OMG, so bad. soon after that episode we all wrote this show off as it spiraled down past mediocrity. No more.
  • Always a sucker for fairytales and fantasy

And this is absolutely no exception. I haven't watched the 3rd season yet (waiting for it to air on TV), but this show had me at hello, or the first few minutes of the 1st season pilot. I don't care if the writers backtracked the slightest bit in some of the 1st season episodes and most of the 2nd season, I'm simply unable to have the tiniest of bad opinions on a show this entertaining. Thank god it's being written by the Lost crew, because we'll be seeing a lot more of this modern wonder for seasons to come. They can finance it as well as certainly keep writing it, as long as some other misfortune doesn't ail it.

The dialogues, especially the dramatic and revealing ones like what happens in conversations between Regina and Rumple most of the time is pure gold (no pun intended). You can feel the tension sky-rocketing because of how messed up everything in the Fairytale World is on first glance, yet when it all comes to its place through multiple revelations it's amazing how they managed to entangle every single fairytale character in one show and have it all make sense in its own special way (faithful to the original fairytales and yet warped just enough to surprise you).

I get that people can be disappointed in where something in the show might be headed if it contradicts their own personal view of it, but for the love of god quit bitching about the show so excessively because I know for SURE none of you would be able to do half of what the writers managed to do. They have many things to worry about already and can't please everyone. They're doing their job tremendously well and the magical aspects of the show are what's absolutely worth still watching for.

I really can't wait to see more. I need lots more of this amazing show.
  • Did you notice?

The drive by car in the summer castle with Snow and Charming