Once Upon a Time

Second Star to the Right

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 05, 2013 on ABC

• Bae pays a debt to the Darling Family

I'd like to see more of the Darling family in future episodes Wendy and her brothers have great

potential for future episodes.
  • Yay! Bae, Wendy, and Neverland, Bae's little trouble with falling into holes, and the Tamara/Mendell story is meh. :(

The best part of this episode this week takes place in the past and not in the Enchanted Forrest. We finally learn where that magic bean took Bae. To London, England apparently, sometime circa Victorian days. So he did land in a non-magical world first that being this one only in the past. What was all that stuff about adult Bae saying this wasn't the first place he visited? Oh well. A good little story told by my fav actor of the two actors that play Bae. Young Bae I do believe is best and sometimes I just can't see young Bae growing up to be the one who plays adult Bae. Ugh. Okay, enough of that. Bae has been on the streets of London for a few months when he sneaks into a house and starts wolfing down on some bread. He's surprised by Nana, the dog underneath the table and Wendy Darling who is kind and caring and hides him in a secret compartment until her parents find out. Bae explains that his mother died and in his mind his father is just as good as. The Darlings are so kind they let a homeless boy be their fourth child for a while I guess. Every orphan probably wishes if only it could be that easy. Now he sleeps in the nursery with Nana, Wendy, John, and Michael. Wendy tells him about a shadow that's been visiting them. It's magical and this frightens Bae and he makes Wendy promise to stay away from it. Hmmm. In the original story of Peter Pan Wendy sews a playful shadow back onto Peter Pan. My guess is somehow in the future Bae will have to fight this shadow maybe with the help of Wendy and if this comes true he may just be our Peter Pan. Things seem to go toward that way when he agrees to go with the shadow to keep it from taking one of Wendy's brothers. After a crazy ride through London to Neverland Bae manages to get out of the Shadow's grip and falls into the sea only to be rescued by Hook and Smee. My guess is he will meet the Lost Boys who Hook fights with and become a leader of sorts to them only to return to Wendy once he has made this sad Neverland that takes children from their parents a better place. Then the real Peter Pan story will begin. Well, that's my take on it. Meanwhile, back in Storybrooke poor Regina is being tortured by the Bores, Mendell and Tamara. The Charmings are on the hunt for The Evil Queen and stop by Gold and boozer Belle's place I mean Lacey. Gold gives them a bottle that now contains a tear from the Queen and Snow. Once dropped into a person's eye that person will be able to feel what Regina feels. I liked this plot point. I think it could have been used even better than what it was. Snow should have seen and felt more of how Regina feels when Regina's normal and not tortured. Maybe the two could see eye to eye more than usual. See what I did there? Yep, I went there. This helps Emma and Neal who are now looking for Regina as well. Emma thinks Tamara is involved but Neal doesn't want to believe that. They have a little "I'm sorry for leaving you" and then later Snow tips off Emma that Regina may be at the Storybrooke Canery. Neal refused to believe until Emma is knocked out by Tamara right in front of him. Don't you hate guys like that?! They just won't believe until they themselves experience it! Ugh! Meanwhile, the Charmings find Regina who is pretty bad off by her shock therapy tests. Mendell had made a run for it to check out if what Regina said earlier to him is true, that she killed his father and buried him at their campsite. Seems to be true because Greg finds a human skull but is it really his father? Tamara and Emma have an awesome cat fight but Tamara shoots Bae and throws a bean at them. Another green swirling toilet bowl to suck Bae down the hole. How many portals has this guy fallen into? Let's see, first it was the one with his dad holding onto him (not too different from Emma holding onto him and claiming she loves him in this last one), you could say him being taken to Neverland was sort of a portal if it's anything like in the Disney film in getting there which they skipped in this show, then there's got to be another one to escape Neverland for him to end up in New York, and now this one. Bae is just the human turd of magical portals. Emma also said that wherever he ends up he'll die. Not so. If he lands in the Enchanted Forrest and conveniently lands on top of Mulan he may have a fighting chance Emma! Don't give up on him yet. Later she has a heart to heart with her father about telling Henry. The person I'm waiting to see how they react to this is Rumples. Tamara just may have sealed her fate with shooting Bae. Speaking of Rumples and Lacey's little side story. Lacey wants to be forever young with Rumples now that she's discovered he can do magic. Would she really help Rumples to kill Henry to achieve this? Anyway, who's to say Henry is the "boy who will be he's undoing"? We have Pinocchio and also Bae. Bae is a boy in Rumpy's eyes I'm sure. Now to that last part. Ugh. Greg and Tamara have Regina's shiny rock that could blow up Storybrooke. Blah, blah, blah. These two bores are nothing but bores to me. Also, why have an end of the world type scenario? Can't writers these days think of something better than those types of stories. The only thing that would redeem this (well sorta) is if they use it to prove how much Regina is really worth. Maybe she has some good in her and can be redeem as well. If she ends up saving everyone at the end of this season maybe those two (Mendell and Tamara) would have been worth while after all!
  • Second Star to the Right

Second Star to the Right was a superb episode of Once Upon a Time. I really enjoyed watching because more of Bae's past is revealed and it brings new elements while tying in familiar ones. I loved the dark take on Peter Pan. It was very awesome and well done! Mary Margaret helped to find Regina who was being tortured. Emma and Niel fight over Tamara who eventually reveals her true self and unleashes a surprising trap. Greg was crazy but learned the truth of his father. So much happened and many story lines came together setting up nicely for the season finale. I can't wait to see how things play out!!!!!!!!!!

• Schizophrenic writers

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhh!! I don't understand how this episode can simultaneously be sooo good but so frustrating!!! It had some really good bits in it. I love how they changed one of my favourite childhood stories into something so dark and menacing (nice touch with taking Peter Pan's shadow and turning it into an evil child snatcher, I also liked when they flew past the clock and it read 8.15pm), but still it had some serious plot holes in it. Whatever happened to "this world wasn't my first stop" last time I checked Kensington, London, whilst not being in America still exists in the same world as Storybrooke. and how the heck did the 'home office' know about the failsafe??? This show is so frustrating!!!!
  • dark episode

A very good penultimate episode and one that stuck me as much darker than usual for OUAT! People getting shot, tortured, hand to hand combat and a darl creature straight out of a nightmare. I have felt that OUAT has been kind of meandering along lately but this episode tied many things together and answered a lot of questions. It's gone a long way towards rekindling my interest in OUAT!

On one item in particular, when Belle/Lacey talked to Gold about immortality and learning magic. I got the impression that alarm bells went off in Golds head. Might he be afraid that she could become a threat? Or is he just afraid of commitment? :-)
  • Bitch... You crazy!

This episode tied up a few, very few loose ends. Who had the dead father in the OUAT pool, not me! Too predictable. The Peter Pan take was actually better than expected but added nothing to the plot. I like how dark the shadow was. But why do kids follow such a dark thing? It would have given me nightmares! And it likes boys!!!!

Regina's plot... Giving a sociopath shock allow it! Can Charming step up and take the lead for once. I mean he could given his tears instead of his wife for the spell! What a prince he turned out to be.

Rumple and Lacey plot... Rumple will get tired of boozed up Lacey and will find her a meeting/12 steps program. That cheap skank ain't Belle! She's drinking at 7am what's attractive about that? We saw the dark one back in the forrest, no wild parties, or killing spree. Wasn't he threading or something during his spare time?

Neil and Emma plot... OMG Emma is not dead, unlike the awful extensions she had on! He went trough a portal! Remember like you and your mamma did or he did before that! Have they all forgotten what beans are for? I screamed back at the telly like an idiot "Not dead dummies!"

Which brings me to the magic haters plot... Bitches you crazy! How do your people know about the fail safe before us viewers! It doesn't make sense. I think it the kettle and the pot. Magic haters or just magic seekers. Stay tuned same OUAT channel same OUAT hour :)
  • Oh My God!!!!!

WOW, i can believe everything that just happen i am so glad that we finally found what happen to Bae after he fall to the portal and it was such a great story i really enjoyed, and i believe this Neverland story will be fantastic. Emma and Neil getting closer and finally confessing their feelings for each other just to Neil fall again to another world was heartbroken!!! Poor Emma you have to believe that he is in another world and not dead!!! but i love that Daddy Charming was there for his little girl. I cant wait to see what happens in the final episode, is going to be epic!!!!!!! im so excited!!!!!!! I hope Regina point her whole fury to Greg and Tamara after what they did to her. SEASON 2 FINALE LETS GO!!!!!
  • Breathtaking!

This episode was just stunning! So many superb developments in multiple storylines both past and present made this a not-to-be-missed hour or OUaT.

The event in the past with Bae and what he went through were quite interesting. Most interesting is where he ended up! Can't believe there is another partnership of some sort in the past that is coming into the light!

Meanwhile the events in the present were just as stunning as Tamar a & Greg's plan comes to fruition and a lot of interesting things go down!

I kinda wished that after they caught Mendel, Tamara would get away and they would stop suspecting her, with Regina remembering something after a while or something, but what happened was just stunning as well.

I can't wait to see what the season finale holds! This show is just about my favourite right now, and I can't wait for the finale!
  • Amazing episode but so sad!

:( Neal went through the portal :( Hopefully he comes back somehow!