Once Upon a Time

The Cricket Game

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 06, 2013 on ABC

• Becoming too farfetched, dearie?

This episode was fantastic. That is, until the end. I was on the edge of my seat when I saw how Cora was manipulating everyone in Storybrooke, and they have no idea she is there. There was powerful characterization, and we see a few different sides to Regina, as well as a more vulnerable Emma. Had they ended the episode with Cora and Hook talking (without any more surprises), it may have been the best episode to date (or at least one of them). Unfortunately (spoiler alert), Cora takes Hook into the boat to show him that the "cricket" is still alive, and she just used someone's body to make it look like Regina killed him. Huh? Did Cora manufacture the setting when she had never been there before? Who could have possibly been at the cricket's house at that hour, when we have never seen anyone else there before living there? How could the actual person's body not be revealed upon being killed? If it was a different person, why did Pongo act like it was the cricket when it apparently wasn't the cricket? Pongo was able to sense that it wasn't Regina, but not know his own master? The show isn't lost, but they really need to explain all the details of how Cora made it look like Regina killed the Cricket, and who it was that she actually killed. The end was a huge disappointment, but the show can still redeem itself.