Once Upon a Time

The Outsider

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 13, 2013 on ABC

• #211 'The Outsider'

What a wonderful episode! One of the best ones yet. Even though Belle is not one of my favorite characters it was nice to see more of her story. Who knew she was helping Mulan at one point? Mr. Gold is concerned when Captain Hook finally uncovers his arrival to Storybrooke and starts harassing Belle, even turns his store upside down. But he spares his miserable life when they have a fight on his boat. Gold is then more than ready to leave Storybrooke and find his long lost son. But Hook follows him and Belle and shoots her, she falls beyond the borderline and while the wound was not fatal she apparently doesn't remember anything because Gold only had enough of potion for himself. In that exact moment a new visitor comes to town and runs over Captain Hook, crashing his car. Is it who I think it is? Meanwhile it is revealed that Regina didn't kill Archie who was found by Belle on Hook's boat. This of course makes Henry and Emma very happy and they all owe Regina one big apology. Mary Margaret considers buying a house for just her and David. But he seems more than willing to return to their old land.

These are really some of the best writers in the business since the flashbacks are always so polished and precise. I truly appreciate such great work. And apparently so do the other viewers.
  • So good!

While this episode obviously wasn't quite as good as the last three or four, it was very very close! I wasn't Belle's biggest fanprior to this episode, but today she was absolutely amazing! <3 There were so many fantastic developments!

One question I have is - where on earth was Cora when this was taking place? It didn't seem very realistic for her not to play any part in these scenes - especially those on the boat. It was just like Belle will just stroll on in to this random invisible boat and free the prisoner and nobody cares. It was a little weird to be honest.

I was also disappointed at Regina's minimal role in the episode, although there were some interesting developments surrounding her and I think this will be great when we see her next.

This is definitely shaping up to be really interesting, especially with how the episode finish ed up, but please please please more Regina and Cora next week!