Once Upon a Time

The Stable Boy

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 01, 2012 on ABC

• Really??

What a twist!?!
  • Ok episode but some really disappointing information

Well.... hmmm... this episode was great in that it finally explained why Regina hates Snow White so much. The problem is that the reason is insane, ridiculous and frankly, downright nearly impossible to believe. We also go to meet Regina's mother who is as evil as her daughter... and with some mystery surrounding her, which is always good on this show.

The stories moved along, too, getting to see how Mr. Gold manipulated Regina to set up a piece of his plan. Then came the somewhat unexpected (altho not completely surprising) twist of Kathryn showing up alive. Oh my...

Acting good as usual.... storyline moved along... the only downside was the hideous revelation of the root of Regina's hate. There has to be more than that! Right?
  • One of the best!

I might even call this the best episode yet! If not, it comes pretty darn close! The storyline was so fascinating! Makes me hate Regina's mother more than I hated Regina. If Snow hadn't told her... none of this would ever be happening! The writers have excelled with such an amazing storyline!

But with even the brilliance of this storyline, it was the cliffhanger at the end that was even better! I can't believe what Ruby discovered! I won't spoil it, but it is just incredible! What will all this lead to? I can't fuigure it out!

Such an intense cliffhanger! I can't wait to know what happens next! Luckily the next episode is on tomorrow night here in Australia, so it won't b e as long a wait! Only four episodes to go, and I can't wait to find out what is yet to come in th e rest of Season 1!!!
  • One of my favorite episodes :)

Really. Everytime you give me Regina or Mr. Gold - centered episode I am happy happy happy. This was an amazing episode andn every fan will appreciate it because we finally learned more about Evil Queen - mostly, what the hell made her so evil. And most importantly why she hates Mary Margaret so much and wants her to rot in jail. Interesting stuff, I hope this long 3-week break between new airings will pass by quickly and we will get new OUAT stuff in a jiffy. ~10/10~
  • Too contrived for me.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. Misplaced hatred like this is just totally unbelievable and stupid. Regina witnesses her mother kill her love and then places all her hate on a young naive girl when she was obviously just doing what she thought was right? Come on! There's no way. I hate when writers contrive ridicules conflicts like this. It totally ruins the story.

I enjoyed seeing Regina "before" and I liked the concept of seeing how she became evil. But... please. Could you at least make it a bit more believable?
  • Regina's Winning

Wow, things are really heating up! I've been hooked on this show, shame we have a fairly long wait until the next episode. It was great to finally see why Regina hates Snow White so much, which was revealed in this episode. Was also interesting to see what changed Regina into the Evil Queen we all love to hate.

Specifically enjoyed the Storybrooke parts in this episode, as ever I love to see Mr Gold working his manipulation among both Regina and Emma. Mary Margaret begging Regina to tell her why she hates her so much was gold, as it emphasises just how oblivious everyone from the Forest is about their past lives, apart from Madame Mayor. Great episode!
  • The Stable Boy

Is anyone else hooked on Once Upon a Time? Sure this show can be quite hokey at times but right now, I'm loving it. Tonight we got to see the beginnings of Regina and how she became an evil queen. It was a huge step of development especially seeing the reason why she wants to kill Snow White.

Was Snow White really at fault to deserve all the things that the Queen did to her? The actual reason why could have been stronger than just a slip of the tongue of an innocent little girl, but it still worked, so I'm not complaining.

Back in the real world, we've got Regina falsely accusing Mary Margaret. Week after week, this story line is just getting more and more intense. Liked the relationship developments between everyone.

I like that Once Upon a Time has established likable main and supporting characters up to this point. How they're using them would usually be an issue with any other show but Once Upon a Time doesn't seem to struggle in this department.

Great enjoyable episode tonight, the surprise ending was really all that this needed to make it the best in a long time. Excited for the weeks to come.
  • The Stable Boy

The Stable Boy was a perfect episode of Once Upon a Time because it blended the story lines of both worlds splendidly and there was lot of significant character and plot development. It was awesome to see Regina before she was the Queen and more of her history with Snow White. Emma continues her investigation with some surprising help and finds a key clue only to be thwarted by Regina. In the end a surprising discovery in the alley behind Grannies left me wanting more! I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Bailee Madison stole this one

Bailee Madison acting simply stole this episode. She was perfect, as if somehow they managed to turn back time and get a young Ginnifer Goodwin to do the part. The voice, the body movements, the eye expressions. Regardless of anything else, Bailee Madison made this episode worth watching.