Once Upon a Time

The Stable Boy

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 01, 2012 on ABC

• Broken Heart

Time doesn't heal all wounds, this to me is one of my favorate episodes of the show, which in a way is like a Shakesperian tragidy. It was interesting seeing what Regina was like in the past where she was a woman that was sweet, independent, and full of warmth. But also having a healthy relationship with Dannel a mere Stable Boy, I like the fact that she doesn't care about his status she loves the guy for who he is; that to me I feel is part of what love is that a certain difference whether in class, race, religion, or any other feature shouldn't matter, the feelings you share for each other and bond you create are what's important. In a way this makes this all the more heartwrenching because you know or have an idea of what's going to happen and you don't want it too happen but there's nothing you can do to stop it.

It was also interesting seeing a really young version of Snow White, the child actor was perfectly cast, both we see use to be friends. And we see the reason why Regina hates snow because she accidently broke a promise she made; I always felt Snow's naivity wasn't just a strength but a weakness, at that age obviously wasn't aware that there are such things as abusive parients and the deceptions they would display. Though I don't feel Snow was totally at fault, Cora manipulated the truth out of Snow, so in reality it was Cora's fault.

Barbra Hershey does a great job at playing Cora. Just like the mom she played in "Black Swan" Cora is just awful you just plain hate this person. She doesn't love Regina from the sick pleasure she gets from abusing Regina and just sees her as nothing but a tool, she is a person in love with power she believes in the philososphy that power is forever and that is all you need in life. But this is a crock of crap because in reality power doesn't last sooner or later it fades, as Ryuken from the anime movie "Fist of the North Star" said "Power without perception is spirtually useless and of no true value."

Regina's transformation from good to evil is a bit similar like with the movie "Cronicle" where it exposed on one of the factors that create villians and supervillians in our world. In that movie it focused on a teen with superpowers but was unfortuantely a target of abuse from his low life father as well as bullies left and right. Like Regina this teen was a good kid didn't want to harm anyone and even had desires of his own, Regina it was to get married to Dannel, the teen it was to go to Tibet and take religon there (I think). But dire circumstances rob those desires and hopes with it from them and make them choose the role of villian/supervillan to lash out all the pain and angush on everyone.

The final half was heartwrenching as we see the tragidy strike and Regina's heart breaking little by little till there it's gone. The greatest crime of humanity is to destroy love.