Once Upon a Time

True North

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 15, 2012 on ABC

• 1.09 "True North"

This was one of the best episodes, I only watched it yesterday for the first time ever since I am a little behind with this show (only started watching in February). Evil Queen had some good stuff in this one, also the other evil witch who was trying to "cook" and then eat Hansel & Gretel was creepy and the actress did a good jobe playing her. Also that "sweet house" was a pure creepiness. Henry was annyoing as always and Ms. Swan is really patient to put up with this whiny kid lol. :) Oh, I almost forgot ... who the hell is that "motorcycle-driving" stranger that had just arrived to The Storybrooke before the end of this episode? Curious, very curious. 8,5/10
  • By far one of the best episodes!

This episode exceeded my expectations, and is probably in my top two episodes that we have seen so far. It was interesting, full of surprises and very unpredictable. Some great scenes, particularly in the gingerbread house!

Interesting developments for Emma! Jennifer morrision is simply amazing! This show would not be the same without her!

I really enjoyed this episode! Keep it up, guys! Interested to learn more about the stranger! :)
  • Entertaining

While this episode didn't do a lot to progress the story in Storybooke, it did offer some interesting tidbits of info of things from Fairly Tale Land. Marry that with a cool take on Hansel and Gretel and you have a very entertaining episode.

The kids were cute and believable. Acting as usual was great across the board.

As for the tidbits I mentioned there were several but I will focus on only a couple. First of all, it introduces Regina's first attempt at ruining Snow White, which of course we know fails. It also shows how evil she really is... she sent so many kids in there before with no regard for their safety. Then, even after these kids honor their end of the bargain, she tortures them. Why? She is jealous and empty.

Mr. Gold made only a brief appearance, but it was enough to give us a clue to his character loudly and clearly. He claimed to look up the purchaser of the compass... but the card was blank; he already knew who the father was. And he gave the name to Emma so she could reunite that family. He could have said he did not know who bought the piece. He could have said he was not even familiar with it at all. But he purposely reunited the kids with their father. Was that to be a good guy? Or just to piss off Regina? Dunno... cannot wait to find out.
  • True North

True North was simply Amazing! This is by far one of the best episodes of the series so far and Lana Parrilla is spectacular in her dual roles as the Evil Queen and Regina. It was so awesome when the children tried to run and she appeared saying it's foolish to run from her, and so it was! Emma deals with a lot in this episode and ends up telling Mary Margaret that Henry believe they are mother and daughter, which was interesting. It was great to see Emma Caulfield as the Blind Witch because she is one of my favorite actresses! I think she had a better episode than True Blood actress Kristin Bauer who played Maleficent. This was a touching episode dealing with serious parent issues. There was character depth, intrigue and some great fairytale action. There is a new character in town, my guess is the big bad wolf. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
ABC