Once Upon a Time

True North

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 15, 2012 on ABC

• Entertaining

While this episode didn't do a lot to progress the story in Storybooke, it did offer some interesting tidbits of info of things from Fairly Tale Land. Marry that with a cool take on Hansel and Gretel and you have a very entertaining episode.

The kids were cute and believable. Acting as usual was great across the board.

As for the tidbits I mentioned there were several but I will focus on only a couple. First of all, it introduces Regina's first attempt at ruining Snow White, which of course we know fails. It also shows how evil she really is... she sent so many kids in there before with no regard for their safety. Then, even after these kids honor their end of the bargain, she tortures them. Why? She is jealous and empty.

Mr. Gold made only a brief appearance, but it was enough to give us a clue to his character loudly and clearly. He claimed to look up the purchaser of the compass... but the card was blank; he already knew who the father was. And he gave the name to Emma so she could reunite that family. He could have said he did not know who bought the piece. He could have said he was not even familiar with it at all. But he purposely reunited the kids with their father. Was that to be a good guy? Or just to piss off Regina? Dunno... cannot wait to find out.