Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

And They Lived...

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 03, 2014 on ABC

• A satisfying ending to what turned out to be a very nice miniseries

Often when a series dies a quick death, the story arc ends in an uncomfortable place, but it would appear the producers had advanced warning, because OUATIW ends neatly, in very much the way one would want it to.

I wouldn't say it was perfect in all ways. I felt there were some flaws in the logic here and there . Amara wound up seemingly less powerful than Jafar), but the story is wrapped up nicely. And while in previous episodes I've found the Red Queen's reformation a bit unpersuasive, at this point I'm used to it, so everything felt as it should.

The story was completed so neatly that I actually don't know how the creators had pictured it playing out if it was picked up. Would it have been this same story arc, stretched out for several seasons? Or was this going to end and be replaced with some new drama? I guess I'll never know, but the end result is a very satisfying miniseries.
  • Impeccable! Flawless! Gripping! Fitting! Simply perfetcion and there are not enough superlatives to describe it.

Very devastated that there is no second season of OUATIW. This show has been - without a farction of a doubt - my favourite hour of television for the last six months or so. I enjoyed it more than OUAT at times (not saying OUAT is anything but stellar of course) and I enjoyed it more than now every show I can think of. It was simply perfect for me.

I am glad that we did finish off with answers. It was a very fitting finale. Everything worked out as it should. I absolutely love Jafar's fate - so fitting, it was poetic! The Red Queen was stunning at the wedding scene, and her character - in such a short period of time - got a redemption arc to rival even that of Regina's from OUAT.

There was nothing I would change about this episode. It was simply perfection. I loved every minute, and I loved every minute of the 12 episodes before this also.

I know for sure I will be seeing these 13 episodes at least several hundreed more times throughout my lifetime - will be buying the DVD whenever they release it. I just loved everything about this show, and I will relive it often.

And so it is with much sadness that I write the last words of my OUATIW reviews! But in doing so, I hope some or all of these characters make an appearance in Storybrooke one way or another. I would love to see Emma Rigbye again in particular - the Red Queen was one of my favourite characters on any show ever.

That's all for now - the curtains fall and the lights are out, but I will never forget our time in Wonderland, where - as we know - truley anything is possible. :)