Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Down the Rabbit Hole

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 10, 2013 on ABC

7.8
  • Does it get better?

Stockpiled episodes on DVR. Fan of the original Once Upon a Time so was looking forward to the Wonderland spinoff.

Watched first episode with my wife and we both were shocked. It was so bad that we decided to hold up on watching more unless we heard that it had improved. And we never have made that hasty of a decision about a show before. But the characters, the plot and the special effects all were just plain bad.

I see there are some positive reviews for this first episode which makes me wonder if I can trust future reviews.

I would like to hear from people who hated the first episode but ended up enjoying the series.

Any feedback?
  • Just Awful!

Now I haven't seen OUAT yet despite the constant nagging from my friend so when I saw the preview for Wonderland I figured I would watch that until I could catch up on OUAT but after watching the Series Premiere I don't even know if I want to give this show a chance even with John Lithgow voicing the Rabbit.

First off the CGI in this show is just horrendous I mean a 5 year old could have did a better job for instance the Red Queen's castle looked like a clay figure just lame. Hey creators of Wonderland take a cue from Battlestar Galactica that's how you do CGI on TV. The music is terrible and the acting, OMG just shoot me now, "Oh Cyrus I just met you and this is crazy, I'm from another world, marry me maybe?" Tell me why I should care about Cyrus and Alice relationship when the narrative was so rushed? Just so many things that were an Epic Fail the only redeeming quality was the Victorian Asylum sequence but seriously felt like my IQ dropped a few points after watching this drivel.

Will watch next week just out of curiosity but most likely the vomit that is the CGI in this show will most definitely send me fleeing.

Obviously all 7 people who down voted this review have no idea of what good TV should be cause Wonderland definitely is not, hello look at Lily's review of episode two and the mention of the ratings they were terrible.
  • Promising start!

I had mixed feelings about this show, especially if it has no relation to the events of the parent show OUAT, but I found the pilot to actually be really impressive! The story was interesting, the characters were great and I love the graphics of the Wonderland locale!

Really enjoyed the madhouse events with Alice in the asylum, and I think th e show will be very interesting to follow!

Can't wait for the next episode!

And those British accents sure don't hurt either! :P
  • Pilot

I never thought I would like a show like OUAT, but it was recommended on my Nexflix and I thought to myself what the hell. Now, I have to say that I love the show. So, I was pretty excited for Wonderland, until I watched the pilot. John Lithgow was great as the White Rabbit. However, other than him, I couldn't have cared less for any of the other characters. I know it's just the first episode, but I felt zero emotional connection to the characters. Nor did I care for Alice's journey to find Cyrus. I hope this show gets better with time. Overall, the pilot was above average, but I didn't think it was anything special.
  • disappointing

Started out nicely with little Alice. And I enjoyed the Victorian madhouse scenes.

But Wonderland was just awful. Such terribly bad CG. And not just 'bad' so it looks surreal- just bad. Also why did we get a pouting Texas cheerleader with puffer-fish lips as the Queen of Hearts? She looked like a teenager in a bad prom out fit.

Nice to hear John Lithgow (but the rabbit was just too creepy & weird looking)

Nice to see the werewolf guy from BBC's Being Human.

But otherwise very disappointing.