How well do YOU think that "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" will do?

How well will "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" do?

modernfamily120

[1]Jul 31, 2013
    • level: 20

How welldo you think that this show willdo? It's an Alice in Wonderland-based spin-off of popular ABC show Once Upon a Time, which has recently completed its second season. It's first season is going to be longer than 13 but less than 22 episodes. Tell me how you think it will do by voting in the poll and/or replying to this post.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dracomom

[2]Aug 8, 2013
    • level: 5
    So much depends on the "feel" of it- will it come off like an overeager younger sibling? or a cool cousin?
    We won't have to watch the MM/D debacle (one thing I hope they don't echo)- that's a plus right there!
    Handing HK my Sundays AND Thursdays is kinda like dating...

necro_dragoon

[3]Aug 16, 2013
    • level: 18

Personally I agree with ^ because it will need to be different. It can't be a copy of the original plot wise. Ideally I hope that it has Alice crossing worlds a la kinda sliders style just replace the world jumping remote with a world jumping rabbit. Basically what I mean is Alice kinda be a bleeding heart kinda girl figuratively speaking and have her jump from world to world avoiding the red queen (right?) and have her helping the local people while searching for Cyrus. I really wish that they show an early release of the pilot episode. Anyone else feel like that.

modernfamily120

[4]Sep 1, 2013
    • level: 20

I think that it will go 5-6 seasons.

GateKeeper06

[5]Oct 4, 2013
    • level: 1

So far, the show looks very good to appeal to the targeted demographic, and it definitely has the potential ofattracting a good following, it has all the elements, a hot cast (specially the yummy genie!) good vs evil, romance, treason, crazy doctors etc. all wrapped up in afairy tale bubble.

I believe that it has the potential of breaking the Thursday's curse, but people need to know about it!

ABC is spending so much money on posters for Wonderland. (they have a huge one in Times Square) adds in mags and other promotional material but they are not really creating a buzz in social media. If you look at Agents of Shield's twitter account they have sent hundreds of tweets and have competitions etc. keeping up the interest and getting their fans to promote their show by retwitting etc. (Same goes for Scandal). In contrast,
    Wonderland twitter team has sent less than 75 tweets since March, and their show is next week!

The same pattern exists for them on facebook. Wonderland has a parent
    show and ABC should try and mobilize it's strong fan base to help them promote Wonderland.

JasonMelvil

[6]Oct 11, 2013
    • level: 2

The fact it premiered and barely anyone is talking about it here goes to show that this show will most likely get the axe.

Frankly, after seeing it? I'm not surprised. It's no secret that the original once upon a time had its ups and downs but this show? Oh dear lord...

Terrible actors (The queen of heart is absolutely terrible and Alice is not that great either) , story has no intrest what so ever and their attempt to mix it up with Aladin? Oh that's just sad. I mean frankly, the original Once upon a time is bad enough with consistencies do we really need a spin off to add to it? Cora is supposed to be the queen of hearts and the genie is the Regina's mirror.

Also I don't mind them changing things... But the whole "Drink me" "Eat me" is something they got totally backwards.

Cheesy dialogue, terrible CGI, honestly... If I can't even go gaga over John Lithgow (sp?) then there's something seriously seriously wrong.

I guessing this show is won't make it to season 2.

haldrey

[7]Oct 11, 2013
    • level: 22
    It took me three to four episodes of the original OUAT to get the hang of it and now it is one of my favorites. I guess the same will happen with this one but from the pilot I can say that the future looks promising.

darkbender24

[8]Oct 21, 2013
    • level: 12

I'm hoping it does very well. I like it. I'm hoping both shows seam together lightly. Perhaps one storyline will affect the story of the other. kinda like Magic affecting both worlds.

Jrr6415sun

[9]Oct 25, 2013
    • level: 9

JasonMelvil wrote:

The fact it premiered and barely anyone is talking about it here goes to show that this show will most likely get the axe.

Frankly, after seeing it? I'm not surprised. It's no secret that the original once upon a time had its ups and downs but this show? Oh dear lord...

Terrible actors (The queen of heart is absolutely terrible and Alice is not that great either) , story has no intrest what so ever and their attempt to mix it up with Aladin? Oh that's just sad. I mean frankly, the original Once upon a time is bad enough with consistencies do we really need a spin off to add to it? Cora is supposed to be the queen of hearts and the genie is the Regina's mirror.

Also I don't mind them changing things... But the whole "Drink me" "Eat me" is something they got totally backwards.

Cheesy dialogue, terrible CGI, honestly... If I can't even go gaga over John Lithgow (sp?) then there's something seriously seriously wrong.

I guessing this show is won't make it to season 2.

are you sure you're watching the same show?? Alice a horrible actress?? She's brilliant! Have you seen the original once upon a time? You think Henry is a good actor? Snow white? Prince Charming? The evil queen? They are all horrible and make me cringe.

The CGI is amazing

Jrr6415sun

[10]Oct 25, 2013
    • level: 9

haldrey wrote:
    It took me three to four episodes of the original OUAT to get the hang of it and now it is one of my favorites. I guess the same will happen with this one but from the pilot I can say that the future looks promising.

from the ratings this show won't last another season

watcher1006

[11]Oct 29, 2013
    • level: 10

Well judging from my own reaction to the show (two episodes and out) I don't think this episode will last a full first season. The ratings seem to agree. I was surprised that it had such a weak premiere. Oftentimes even shows that are duds like ABC's Pan Am at least have a good premiere audience that looks in to see what it's about, then they turn away. Perhaps its online buzz prior to the premiere turned people off.