Will I watch it?

Will you watch the premier for OUaTiW?

uofc57

[1]May 14, 2013
    • level: 16

After watching the first trailer and reading the overview, I'm feeling like I might actually watch this show. The characters and actors seems to be engaging. There is romance and action and a bit of a cheesy tone. My only worry is that they won't have enough to make a really strong show. After all, the original has the whole world of fairy tales and fantasy to draw from; this show will only have one source. I guess we'll just see.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

necro_dragoon

[2]Jul 26, 2013
    • level: 18

I'll watch definitely but I can share the concerns that I have heard about it. I think as long as they don't follow the story line of the original they can do a terrific job. I think that the main focus should be Alice and Cyrus trying to get back together but Alice is waylaid by other people's plights in someway. Also unlike the original which mainly focused on showing The Enchanted Forest in past and Storybrooke in the present I think that for Wonderland that they should show multiple worlds. They have Jafar I saw so maybe they will have Agrabah and have other worlds so that we can see them in more depth than what we have seen so far. They should also have a least a crossover between the original and Wonderland.

GateKeeper06

[3]Oct 4, 2013
    • level: 1

Yes, I will watch it. The whole story is about Alice (Sophie Lowe) searching for the genie (Peter Gadiot). So, I hope that they are going to show us

more of the genie. His backstory and whateve is happening to Cyrus while Alice is looking for him.

Is he in jail? or being nursed back to health by mermaids? (in the trailer he gets pushed into the sea) or is he a sex slave of the red queen?

I hope he is not just appearing in one or two episodes at the begining and end! It would be such a waste of talent!

antdude

[4]Oct 10, 2013
    • level: 27
    I like Alice in Wonderland so I did watch it. It was OK. Some of CGs were really bad, but then it is a new TV show/series. I am not sure if I want to watch more. What did you guys think of it?

KenDucky

[5]Oct 11, 2013
    • level: 1
    Acting skills for most are quite awful. Voice acting for the cat was an exception.
    I will give it one more try, and try to endure 4 episodes to see if it improves.

watcher1006

[6]Oct 29, 2013
    • level: 10

uofc57 wrote:

After watching the first trailer and reading the overview, I'm feeling like I might actually watch this show. The characters and actors seems to be engaging. There is romance and action and a bit of a cheesy tone. My only worry is that they won't have enough to make a really strong show. After all, the original has the whole world of fairy tales and fantasy to draw from; this show will only have one source. I guess we'll just see.

I think this hits the nail on the head. They just don't have enough fairy tale premise to draw on - Alice in Wonderland and Aladdin and that's about it. I love Alice in Wonderland and I loved the original OUaT but I gave up on this show after two episodes.