One Day at a Time Forums

CBS (ended 1984)

The show went on a 10-year hiatus

Jim856796

[1]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 14

I found out that One Day @ a Time used to air reruns on E! Entertainment Television from the Early to mid 1990s. The show left the network entirely in 1996 and has never been aired in reruns since. But then reruns of the program returned to television for some Comcast digital cable customers in America as part of its retro-themed TV Time on-demand network, but it was subsequently removed in January 2007.

How can a long-running sitcom be extinct on national TV for a decade?

Do we want to refer to One Day at a Time as "The Extict Long-Running Situation Comedy"?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nannina

[2]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 1
    to bad it never aired in italy,i haven't seen it since 1984

clc626

[3]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 1

Do you know that Sony Pictures now has the first season of"One Day At A Time" on DVD. I just got a copy for my birthday and love it. The show really brings back memories. Can't wait until they put out the rest of the seasons on DVD!

You can get a copy at Best Buy or log on to: www.sonypictures.com/dvd

Enjoy!

scootydynamatic

[4]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 2
    a ten year show and you dont' even see it in reruns which is sad not even on say Lifetime for atleast one episode a daybut I just bought the first season on DVD and i absolutely enjoy this show. I grew up watching this even though I didn't get to see all the episodes and I even like the theme song I hope the rest of the seasons do come out on DVD because I would definity buy them.

walnutgrove

[5]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 6

They've been showing them in Chicago this past year, so I've been catching up. I wrote to the station and asked why they wouldn't show them more often (they only showed two episodes back-to-back on Sundays and now only one a week), while "Dick Van Dyke was being shown multiple times a week. They said it was a legal thing.