One Life to Live Forums

Hulu (ended 2013)

Canceled!

dmarex

[1]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 103
    After so many years on the air, One Life to Live was officially canceled today along with another Agnes Nixon show, All My Children.

The show will air its final episode in January 2012.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Adam_Dicy

[2]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 88
    dmarex wrote:
    After so many years on the air, One Life to Live was officially canceled today along with another Agnes Nixon show, All My Children.

The show will air its final episode in January 2012.

I can't believe I mean I've watched this soap since November of 2000, the first episode I watched was Ben and Viki's wedding, Todd telling Blair that their son was dead, Mitch Laurence resurfacing, Dorian Lord returning after 3 years, Asa's death and funeral, the arrival of Rex and his transformation from bad to good....I mean I can go on forever, and after I read of the cancellation of one of my favorites is total bulls%&t and a crock, and also they're replacing OLTL and AMC with some crappy talk shows....but the viewers don't want that they want their daytime dramas.

dmarex

[3]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 103
    It's all about the money, and those talk shows are very cheap to produce. The soap opera genre is dying slowly and nobody even tried to save it. It's depressing and frustrating.

Sherasbear

[4]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 61
    Ugh, I'm so depressed about both of these shows being canceled I still can't believe that they offed both of them

panteirra84

[6]May 4, 2011
    • level: 7

i find it bizarre that ABC is cancelling OLTL and AMC and are saying on soapcentral.com that more TV viewers want more talk shows similar to "The View" when that show has a lower rating score on tv.com than both those soapsYell

panteirra84

[8]May 4, 2011
    • level: 7

dmarex wrote:
    It's all about the money, and those talk shows are very cheap to produce. The soap opera genre is dying slowly and nobody even tried to save it. It's depressing and frustrating.

What's worse is that Soap Operas are more enjoyable to watch than most of these crap talk shows. Half the topics on most of these talk shows are far-fetched, half the guests, sometimes along with the host are loud and annoying, sometimes looks too acted out to be real, and love to make money for bashing guests for being a certain way or having a certain job that some people think are "immoral"