One Life to Live Forums

Hulu (ended 2013)

Prospect Park suspending the revival of AMC and OLTL

dmarex

[1]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 103
    It is with great sadness that I'm reporting that AMC and OLTL will not be continuing online, after months of negotiations Prospect Park has had with the cast, crew and other important sources that could have revived the shows.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/prospect-park-suspends-online-plans-for-all-my-children-and-one-life-to-live
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

radrobd

[2]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 53
    I am not surprised. For a while it looked like AMC was not going to happen, so the fact that OLTL isn't going to happen either isn't too shocking. I already accepted the fact that AMC was over, but still held out hope that OLTL would continue, especially given how many castmembers had signed on. But realistically, I think a lot of the fans knew it was a long-shot. PP could not get financing. The truth is nobody wanted to invest in 40+ years soaps. I just hope OLTL has a better ending than AMC.

dmarex

[3]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 103
    radrobd wrote:
    I just hope OLTL has a better ending than AMC.
    Maybe. I believe Kelley Missal said on twitter that it wasn't nice of PP to deliver the news after they had already shot the finale. So I guess even OLTL won't get a chance to go out like any soap should go out.

radrobd

[4]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 53
    [QUOTE="dmarex"]
    radrobd wrote:
    I believe Kelley Missal said on twitter that it wasn't nice of PP to deliver the news after they had already shot the finale. So I guess even OLTL won't get a chance to go out like any soap should go out.

Yes, I heard the cast and even OLTL's EP heard about the news via the media and not directly from PP. Not cool. But a rumor I heard is that they shot several endings. I know when AMC wrapped apparently they filmed several true endings where they FF'd to the future and showed characters years later. They changed the end when PP asked them to, but maybe the EP or director or whoever edits the show can edit it to give fans a true endings rather than a "Who did Todd shoot?"-type ending.