TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

One On One Forums

UPN (ended 2006)

How did you get hooked on One on One?

hobotycoon

[1]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    This title speaks for itself. How did I get hooked on the show? I was turning the channels to The N and I wanted to check out One on One, and what it was about. Soon, I was watching it and I didn't want to change the channel, it was so great! . . . . Until someone wanted me to give them the remote! ARG!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dacableguy

[2]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 21
    over here in england re-runs are always shown.i love this show. it started when i was 9 yaears old but i still understood every thing that was going on!

GSU2004

[3]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 9
    I picked up on it in season two and loved the sexy Kyla Pratt.  It was good to see a storyline involving a single black father and I respected UPN for allowing this show to have a chance.  I hated the last season.  It reminded me of Saved by the Bell college years meets A Different World. 

sellie12

[4]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 18
    I got hooked on the episode "House dad" and i really started watching everynight after that and the episodes got better and better but now i have to return to school this monday no more winter break and now i have to tivo them now!

dacableguy

[5]Jan 17, 2007
    Aww i had to return from the 3rd of january. like i said earlier, i was hooked from the start. there was nothing tha could stop me from watching this.

ClaudeLv250

[6]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    I watched it from the series premiere in 2001. I was really curious about the UPN block now that Moesha was off the air, and one of the first things I heard about it was that it was set in Baltimore (where I live), so I guess I was kind of supporting it. I started my freshman year of High School that fall, just like Breanna...I never realized how much I had in common with the characters until I thought about it after the show was canceled.

dacableguy

[7]Jan 18, 2007
    wow cool.

sunset_stars

[8]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    i got into this show in 2004 in the summer...one weekend i was bored sitting at home and i had heard of the show and i saw on this channel in the UK that they were showing back to back episodes...there wasnt much on so i thought hmm ok il give this show a chance. i really started to like it, watched a few eps that day...then i just watched it more after, even recorded a few eps onto tape. then it wasnt shown in the UK for agessss....i kept watching the few eps i had on tape wishing for one on one to come back! then at xmas that yr (2004) they were showing all the eps where breanna is starting to realise she likes arnaz and is gonna choose him etc...it was so exciting seeing that for the first time lol, each day i was thinking ooh i wonder whats gonna happen next! the show comes and goes in the UK from the one channel that it is shown on...but recently when it has been on i make sure im home to record the eps! so far i have like 23 episodes which is wicked, but am still waiting to see my fav ep again, 'fatal attractions' the one bout the pantty posse!

pelican_hugz

[9]Apr 8, 2007
    Well my sis got me into them she was watching them and i walked in and within that one episode i was hooked! bt i was so upset wen spirit left i though she was kwl! oh well i lyk the people in the new characters now!

heatherl55

[10]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    I first watched the show wear Breanna was going to loose her virginity to Arnaz. Then she didnt and he told her he wasnt a virgin. I started watching it then because it had teenager themes. I really liked how funny it was lol. I thought it was funny how Flex didnt know what was happening with Breanna and he was supposed to be in a neighborhood watch lol

dayspassions91

[11]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    Sadly, I didn't get into One on One until the final season (there was no UPN affiliate here in HI from '02-'04);I was channel surfing one day and bumped into it.
    Edited on 06/27/2007 8:55pm

dacableguy

[12]Jun 29, 2007

sunset_stars wrote:
    i got into this show in 2004 in the summer...one weekend i was bored sitting at home and i had heard of the show and i saw on this channel in the UK that they were showing back to back episodes...there wasnt much on so i thought hmm ok il give this show a chance. i really started to like it, watched a few eps that day...then i just watched it more after, even recorded a few eps onto tape. then it wasnt shown in the UK for agessss....i kept watching the few eps i had on tape wishing for one on one to come back! then at xmas that yr (2004) they were showing all the eps where breanna is starting to realise she likes arnaz and is gonna choose him etc...it was so exciting seeing that for the first time lol, each day i was thinking ooh i wonder whats gonna happen next! the show comes and goes in the UK from the one channel that it is shown on...but recently when it has been on i make sure im home to record the eps! so far i have like 23 episodes which is wicked, but am still waiting to see my fav ep again, 'fatal attractions' the one bout the pantty posse!

hey sunset, fatal attractions was on 3 times last week, did you record it? that episode is so funny. breanna "im a hotty, im a hotty!!!"

iluvcomedys

[13]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 2
    i like one on one cuz kyla pratt iz one of my favoru=ite actresses and robert ri'chard is so fine

Vital_Shot

[14]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 25
    I got hooked by watching it on The-N. Then, I come on here to see if it's still airing... and of course, it was cancelled/ended.

taterbug2007

[15]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    I got hooked on the show because of Kyla Pratt

umutruffle

[16]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 14
    My brother watched it and sometimes when I was bored I would watch it with him and I likd it so I kept watching it more and when I began to like it I started watching it with out my brother and got hooked on it

sodapopgirl721

[17]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 41
    I also was flipping arond and saw it was on The N and I just thought it was funny and started watching it every day at lunch.

Bratzprincess18

[18]May 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    I saw the commercial when it was coming to the-n. I wanted to watch it cause kyla was in it and I love the pround family, and even though they are two completly different shows, I wanted to see what it was all about. I watched a few episodes, and the next thing I know, I'm running to catch that show everyday on TV

heroesfan07

[19]May 27, 2008
    I got hooked on TROUBLE re-runs and then the 4th season started.

DocBlaze

[20]Jul 25, 2008
    Honestly, I didn't get hooked on this show until recently when I caught it on syndication. I do remember seeing parts of the first Halloween episode (The one when Flex was competing with that one dude and Breanna thought she saw a murder) on the day it first aired or repeated, but I actually got hooked on it a few months ago. How I got hooked on it was that I woke up really early to get ready for work and a local channel airs this at 4:30 AM and 5:00 AM, so while I was getting ready, I had it on. I DVR it from time to time. I also watch it on The N sometimes.