One Piece Forums

Fuji Television

Wanna help update the episode guide?

TVMan16

[1]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 10

Yeah! I'm currently updating the episode guide so that it credits the Funimation voice actors as well! See for yourself:

Episode 01

Episode 02

So you wanna help me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deershadow

[2]Sep 6, 2010
    • level: 59
    I am genuinely curious as to why you would want to add the English voice actors. This is the One Piece (JPN) show guide; JPN meaning Japanese.

That ought to indicate this show guide is dedicated solely to the Japanese version of the show, not the English version. Only Japanese cast should be listed.

Now, this show guide is for the English version. You're welcome to submit the Funimation cast there.

Angus_Mac

[3]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 71
    I'd check with the One Piece editor on how he wants the versions handled. I think the Funimation version should go here though since Funimation is officially sourcing the Japanese subbed versions, and their translation isn't as heavily edited as 4Kids.

deershadow

[4]Dec 28, 2010
    All Funimation does for the Japanese version is translate and distribute it for US viewers. They are not involved in the production of the show, so by "Funimation version" do you mean adding the English dub cast as well?

The "JPN" in this show guide title makes it clear this guide is for the Japanese version. It would be odd to have English cast listed as well for that reason. If anyone thinks that this guide should cover both the original Japanese version and the Funimation dub version, then they ought to talk to the English guide editor, and then, if the editor approves, talk to the staff about removing the language tag from the title. Otherwise, it will be quite confusing for anyone who comes here expecting the guide to cover only one language.

As for the current English guide, is there really even a need to treat the 4kids version the same as the Funimation one? Can't the 4kids cast information simply be compiled into the notes section in the English guide? It just seems like a lot of unnecessary work to have a guide solely for the edited 4kids version.

Revelation34

[5]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 7
    How about we just make it so the guides are not separate like it use to be?

deershadow

[6]Jul 3, 2011
    Some shows get two guides (one for the English version and one for the Japanese version). I don't know enough about One Piece to present an argument for why the two versions should be kept as one guide, but I imagine there's a good reason since the guide was once one and then split into two.

Edit: Oh, a Google search does wonders. It seems the editor had decided to not allow Japanese episodes to be added to the original One Piece guide, and that's why this Japanese guide was made. I don't know if the current editor is that same editor or not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask for their opinion on how they think One Piece should be handled.
    Edited on 07/03/2011 11:03pm

Revelation34

[7]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 7
    deershadow wrote:
    Some shows get two guides (one for the English version and one for the Japanese version). I don't know enough about One Piece to present an argument for why the two versions should be kept as one guide, but I imagine there's a good reason since the guide was once one and then split into two.

Edit: Oh, a Google search does wonders. It seems the editor had decided to not allow Japanese episodes to be added to the original One Piece guide, and that's why this Japanese guide was made. I don't know if the current editor is that same editor or not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask for their opinion on how they think One Piece should be handled.

There was no good reason. The original editor did it just to be asinine.