About One Piece's Tv.Guide

anti4kids2000

[1]May 1, 2010
    • level: 5

Can we get rid of the 4kids episodes, and put the FUNimations instead. 4kids isn't the official One Piece dub anymore, and the 144 (105) dub is not supposed to be with the 4kids dublike the Pokemon USA dub of Pokemon is supposed to be with the 4kids dub. Why not make a seperate guidefor the 4kids dub and this one.

4kids Guide (Includes episode covers for the 4kids dub)

This (Includes the FUNimation dub)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[2]May 15, 2010
    • level: 47
    If I'm not mistaken, the FUNI dub is completely uncut, right? There's already a Japanese guide for One Piece that includes all the episodes so in a way they both parallel each other already and the individual episodes have been hardly touched; just for namesake someone could rename that guide to One Piece (Funi) and this one to One Piece (4Kids) and if anyone wants to rework the JPN guide they could do so.

anti4kids2000

[3]May 17, 2010
    • level: 5

The first 143 episodes of the FUNimation dub are uncut. The Jaya arc (which starts at episode 144) and a chunk of the Skypiea arc are edited for Broadcast and uncut on dvd. It is somewhat like the DBZ dub, where the first 67 episodes (do not get confused with the one where they worked with Ocean Studios) are uncut, while the rest of the episodes are edited for broadcast and uncut on dvd. We make this the FUNimation guide, and have all the episodes including the ones edited for broadcast and uncut on dvd. But if an episode has The Epic Battle: Zolo VS. Ohm (I know thats not a real episodes title, but this is an example), we revert it into The Epic Battle: Zoro VS. Ohm. We can make a 4kids guide, but only have 4kids episodes. Lets not put Caught Log: The King of Salvage Masira and say that its the edited version. Edited or not, it has nothing to do with the 4kids dub. The edited is the same version as the uncut version, but its basically censored, and people are called by their 4kids dub name.

As for having a Japanese guide, I think it would be pointless now that we have the FUNimation version. The FUNimation version basically uses the Japanese titles. If we should make a guide for both the FUNimation dub and the Japanese version, then we might as well make a Japanese guide for Bleach and the Viz Media dub.

Off topic but I wish the DBZ tv.com guide would seperate the Ocean dub of episodes 1-67 (1-53) and replace them with episodes 1-67 uncut. We have a guide for the FUNimation dub, and a guide for the Ocean Group (the first 53 episodes).

Edited on 05/17/2010 8:24pm

ZaleIsBackAgain

[4]May 20, 2010

No, I'm saying there's already a Japanese guide for One Piece and it's fairly up to date to boot. And the reason why you don't see the same being done for other animes is because One Piece was butchered to hell that it's almost like a different show which created a need to separate the cut and uncut version. From what I recall, Bleach and Naruto have been fairly untouched, making a separate Japanese guide for them would be completely redundant. I believe Dragonball Z also has a Japanese guide.

Edited on 05/20/2010 2:51am
    Edited 4 total times.

Revelation34

[5]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 7
    There should never have been a separate guide for the Japanese version. That was a stupid move done for no reason.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[6]Aug 31, 2010
    Revelation34 wrote:
    There should never have been a separate guide for the Japanese version. That was a stupid move done for no reason.

I'm not complaining, I can write reviews for all the episodes I'm watching along the way lol

lighting_blond

[7]Nov 15, 2010
    • level: 24

I see.