admiral goku is luffy's #1 rival

nxtbestdirector

[1]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 9

i read shonen jump and they stated in it that son goku (the admiral) was his #1 threat or rival. i disagree but we havent seen much of him at all what are your thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fishbulb13

[2]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 16
    Right now, his rival might be any one of the 11 Supernovas (Eustass Kidd and Trafalgar Law come to mind). You might also make the case for Koby as a rival, the Garp to Luffy's Gold Roger. Blackbeard is probably the best bet as the big bad, with Kizaru as another possibility.

ghost_face99

[3]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 8
    I'd put Akainu as a government big bad before Kizaru. By far, he's the most ruthless and arguably heartless of all the Admirals.
    Edited on 12/05/2010 8:37pm

Fishbulb13

[4]Dec 5, 2010
    Facepalm.

I said Kizaru but meant Akainu. Although Kizaru is much more quiet in his ruthlessness. Akainu is the one Luffy would want to get revenge on, but Kizaru will probably be an adversary at some point. Same with Smoker.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[5]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 47
    Did they say rival or threat? If rival it wouldn't make much sense, but if they stated threat it makes perfect sense. Although Aokiji has been stated to be the strongest fighter in the marines, I think that title is held, or rather shared by Garp and Sengoku. So Sengoku can definitely match or even overpower Luffy, but he also has political power being the commander of the entire marine force. Well not anymore, but I'm assuming what you've read was from an old issue (unless it's from a recent chapter, I haven't been keeping up with One Piece lately).

Fishbulb13

[6]Dec 8, 2010
    We haven't really seen a proper fight since the time skip, and we never really saw the extend of Sengoku's diabutsu powers, so it's hard to tell what the outcome would be if he fought Luffy.

Ranemoraken

[7]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 20
    I think we're heading to a more ruthless Marine force, now that Garp and Sengoku aren't heading it. If that's the case, Sengoku doesn't appear to be someone who is inordinately vicious, and would side with Luffy if they understood one another.

As a rival, (I do like the character Trafalgar Law, a lot.) I suspect that Eustass Kid, Akainu and especially Blackbeard are the greatest threats that Luffy will have to contend with. Now, since the islands split into different tracks again after this one, it'll be interesting to see who's on what.

Or what happened to Bonney for that matter - perhaps she's a shichibukai?