"All Blue" (The Unofficial Slightly Off Topic Thread)

RodimusZoro

[161]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 10

hey guys i just wanted to tell you that i might not be on much next week (and today and tomorrow) because my dads about to go to iraq again (please dont bombard me with questions about dont much like talking about it on the internet) so were at camp pendelton and where doing a vacation by going to disneyland/california adventure and midevil times (went last night (it was awesome)) and knotts berry farm (sp) so my family can spend time with my dad before he leaves

ill probably get on like once or twice a day to check some stuff but i probably wont be replying to or making topics much

well bye i quess

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

furubalove7

[162]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 11
    RodimusZoro wrote:

hey guys i just wanted to tell you that i might not be on much next week (and today and tomorrow) because my dads about to go to iraq again (please dont bombard me with questions about dont much like talking about it on the internet) so were at camp pendelton and where doing a vacation by going to disneyland/california adventure and midevil times (went last night (it was awesome)) and knotts berry farm (sp) so my family can spend time with my dad before he leaves

ill probably get on like once or twice a day to check some stuff but i probably wont be replying to or making topics much

well bye i quess

hey u go have fun! tell us about it when u get back

TobiUchiha

[163]Mar 1, 2008

have fun Rodimus.

Shadowflame291

[164]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    Matt_Purosky wrote:
    Shadowflame291 wrote:

Matt_Purosky wrote:
    Maybe I oughtta do some rants, though they'd just be text. I might do one about CommonSenseMedia.org

Yeah those guys are idiots.

I actually joined that site the other day so I could rant. I wrote some reviews for Magi-Nation and Viva Pinata saying that the writers of those reviews were looking for things to complain about and weren't paying any actual attention to the show.

However, it's not all bad. The review for Ozzy & Drix (anyone remember that show? probably not lol) was pretty good. Only one paragraph was wrong IMO:

"The scenes in which Hector's health is in jeopardy -- for example, when a gangster named Sal Monella (voiced by Henry Winkler) tries to poison Hector -- may be frightening for children under 7 who still blur the line between reality and fantasy."

Umm, why don't you teach your kids this stuff? It's real! This show is about the human body! Kids need to watch what they eat! And for sexual content:

"Very mild flirtations (or attempts to flirt) typical of adolescence."

Well, some do say that Maria flirts with Drix, and it's obvious Hector flirts with Christine, but... HOW IS IT SEXUAL?! There is NOTHING about sex involved in this show! It's a kids show!

Also, their review for Hannah Montana was pretty good (yes, I like Hannah Montana now), but...

"Because of its mild romantic innuendos, this series isn't a good fit for the youngest viewers."

This is just getting ridiculous. They think kids can't handle romance now?! WTF?! I LOVED romance when I was like 4 or 5. Deep romance might not appeal to them, but first off, this is not any deep dramatic romance, and it is definitely not inappropriate. Disney channel shows are rated TV-G because it's a FAMILY NETWORK, meaning "Fun for the whole family". As for sexual content...

"Mild flirtations, discussions about crushes, some kissing and hugs."

So hugs and kisses are sexual now? GOD! So when someone hugs someone or kisses them on the cheek to make them feel better or to say goodbye, is that sexual?! What is wrong with these people?!

The review for Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! was almost PERFECT, but ruined by this:

"This is the rare show that works for most of the cartoon-watching part of the family, although even the mild violence is too much for the youngest viewers."

*sigh*... I'm not even going to say anything. As for social behavior...

"Scooby and Shaggy show admirable loyalty and the bad guys never triumph... but there are an awful lot of laser guns, and not very many female characters."

I'm laughing now. Laser guns are social behavior? I don't mind what they put in violence, but SOCIAL BEHAVIOR?! A laser gun is completely irrelevant to social behavior! And are they saying that if kids watch this show they're going to think females don't exist?! That's just reaching.

Still, those reviews were a lot better than most of the crap on that site. I'm even going to have to say there were things wrong with the review for Bratz, and I HATE that show!

You know, I think I'm gonna join so I can bash them .

Matt_Purosky

[166]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 25

Continuing the discussion in "One Piece should be taken OFF Toonami"

TobiUchiha wrote:
    CN has been starting to piss me off lately. man, CN was so much better in the past with the originals shows(ed,edd,eddy,johnny barvo,dexter's laboratory, etc.). now we got lame shows like out of jimmy's head. it's called "cartoon" network for a reason not live action network!!! ahem.... sorry i went a bit off topic. if anyone wants to continue this, go to All Blue.

Adv193 wrote:
    Well I would have to agree since hardly any of Cartoon Networks recent original shows has any appeal to me and they are starting to air live-action family movies.

Yeah, I miss the old shows... now KND is gone, are The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends still on? Most of these new shows just don't seem appealing to me either, though I'd like to try Chowder... although, Transformers Animated was a nice addition to the lineup. (Contrary to popular belief, TFA IS a CN original.)

Adv193

[167]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 23
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

TobiUchiha wrote:
    CN has been starting to piss me off lately. man, CN was so much better in the past with the originals shows(ed,edd,eddy,johnny barvo,dexter's laboratory, etc.). now we got lame shows like out of jimmy's head. it's called "cartoon" network for a reason not live action network!!! ahem.... sorry i went a bit off topic. if anyone wants to continue this, go to All Blue.

Adv193 wrote:
    Well I would have to agree since hardly any of Cartoon Networks recent original shows has any appeal to me and they are starting to air live-action family movies.

Yeah, I miss the old shows... now KND is gone, are The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends still on? Most of these new shows just don't seem appealing to me either, though I'd like to try Chowder... although, Transformers Animated was a nice addition to the lineup. (Contrary to popular belief, TFA IS a CN original.)

Yeah, I figured that the new transformers series was different from most of them which originated in Japan. But on another I was just reading up on One Piece details and found out about things on how material plays Skypiea arc plays for the future arcs.

Now for some spoilers:

One other exciting thing which I have confirmed with the newest crew member for the Straw Hats, Brook the Skeleton man with the Afro who is joining as the groups musician. This pretty much ends a long time plot element of Luffy wanting to have a musician for the crew. Also if anyone has read the manga and saw Laboon the Whale in the Laboon arc that was cut from 4Kid's dub of the anime, Brook was actually the old friend who Laboon was waiting for.

Shadowflame291

[168]Mar 2, 2008
    Adv193 wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

TobiUchiha wrote:

Adv193 wrote:

Yeah, I figured that the new transformers series was different from most of them which originated in Japan. But on another I was just reading up on One Piece details and found out about things on how material plays Skypiea arc plays for the future arcs.

Now for some spoilers:

One other exciting thing which I have confirmed with the newest crew member for the Straw Hats, Brook the Skeleton man with the Afro who is joining as the groups musician. This pretty much ends a long time plot element of Luffy wanting to have a musician for the crew. Also if anyone has read the manga and saw Laboon the Whale in the Laboon arc that was cut from 4Kid's dub of the anime, Brook was actually the old friend who Laboon was waiting for.

The new Transformers series is alright but the only things I have ever really liked about Transformers is Armada and the Movie.

Adv193

[169]Mar 2, 2008
    Shadowflame291 wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

TobiUchiha wrote:

Adv193 wrote:

Now for some spoilers:

The new Transformers series is alright but the only things I have ever really liked about Transformers is Armada and the Movie.

My favorites were Beast Wars, Robots in Disguise, and the new series.

Matt_Purosky

[170]Mar 2, 2008
    I haven't seen the movie, but I liked Transformers Cybertron and Transformers: Robots in Disguise. I might give Armada and Energon another chance, as well as some of the older ones.

Shadowflame291

[171]Mar 2, 2008

Matt_Purosky wrote:
    I haven't seen the movie, but I liked Transformers Cybertron and Transformers: Robots in Disguise. I might give Armada and Energon another chance, as well as some of the older ones.

Don't remember much of RID and I hated Cybertron. And you really should see the movie.

Matt_Purosky

[172]Mar 2, 2008
    Wow, my post with all those macros in it got modded for "not completely obscuring swears" because of one of those Picard macros.

Adv193

[173]Mar 2, 2008

I also brought up these Recent developments on Internet Movie Database and here is the first part of the message of what one of the responders said;

Sadly, I've heard somewhere that some of the execs in charge of CN/AS/Toonami are thinking of changing the network's name. I guess more of them are thinking that a network for cartoons and/or anime is just a fad, so they're bringing in more and more live-action shows and movies now. They want CN to compete with Disney and Nickelodeon while AS competes with Spike, Fuse, G4 and "Nick-at-Nite."

I would have to partly agree due to the recent changes in Cartoon Networks actions of allowing more live-action material and I feel they are not as good as they used to be it is the same as when Kids WB removed themselves for the weekday schedule and it is making things more dull with the poorer quality of newer shows such as Out of Jimmy's Head, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, and even adding in Kids WB shows such as Johnny Test is pretty stupid since that shows episode plots are pretty lame.

Matt_Purosky

[174]Mar 2, 2008

I used to like Johnny Test. It was good during the first season when it was being produced by Warner Brothers Animation, but when Cookie Jar Entertainment took over I started to lose interest.

About Kids' WB!... I remember from 2002-2005 I would watch literally every show on the block. Then they introduced those new shows that I utterly despised - Loonatics Unleashed and Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island!. Thank goodness they're not on the lineup anymore. In 2006 they actually got a bit better, because I actually like Legion of Super Heroes, Tom & Jerry Tales, and Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! Now, I watch every show on the lineup except Johnny Test and Will & Dewitt (used to like it but got bored of it). I'm looking forward to The Spectacular Spider-Man and World of Quest. I'd like to see them. However, I'm aware that 4Kids bought out Kids' WB!, however I heard they may license some of their programming for airing purposes. I'd like to see them license T&J Tales, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo, and Legion, though they may be better off on Cartoon Network. I don't know what's gonna become of Magi-Nation and Skunk Fu!, but I hope they continue too (though Magi-Nation is based on an old GBC video game and they may go to the end of that). Eon Kid is gonna be done for anyway, because it only had 26 episodes in Korea. The Batman is ending this weekend. Spider-Man and World of Quest look pretty good, but I have to give them a try before I hope for them.

But yeah, I miss the weekday block...

Edited on 03/02/2008 11:35pm
    Edited 3 total times.

TobiUchiha

[175]Mar 3, 2008
    Adv193 wrote:

I also brought up these Recent developments on Internet Movie Database and here is the first part of the message of what one of the responders said;

Sadly, I've heard somewhere that some of the execs in charge of CN/AS/Toonami are thinking of changing the network's name. I guess more of them are thinking that a network for cartoons and/or anime is just a fad, so they're bringing in more and more live-action shows and movies now. They want CN to compete with Disney and Nickelodeon while AS competes with Spike, Fuse, G4 and "Nick-at-Nite."

I would have to partly agree due to the recent changes in Cartoon Networks actions of allowing more live-action material and I feel they are not as good as they used to be it is the same as when Kids WB removed themselves for the weekday schedule and it is making things more dull with the poorer quality of newer shows such as Out of Jimmy's Head, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, and even adding in Kids WB shows such as Johnny Test is pretty stupid since that shows episode plots are pretty lame.

why more live action shows? they are so stupid especially out of jimmy's ass. why can't CN be different then every other channel. we need less live action shows IMO.these reality shows and live action shows just suck. the only live action shows i like were kenan and kel,all that,and the amanda show but they are all gone now.....

minndak10

[176]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 13
    Guys this just in from FUNimation boards One Piece is getting taken off air for a while on Toonami they show some FUNi reruns then some 4kids re runs then take it off. But it is getting replaced by stpuid bakugan but hey Blue Dragon is on the line up and uncut DVD's start in May

Shadowflame291

[177]Mar 3, 2008
    TobiUchiha wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:

why more live action shows? they are so stupid especially out of jimmy's ass. why can't CN be different then every other channel. we need less live action shows IMO.these reality shows and live action shows just suck. the only live action shows i like were kenan and kel,all that,and the amanda show but they are all gone now.....

I know it's so stupid! You know what's sad? Everytime CN makes a new show, the assume it's gonna be a hit. Talk about desperate.

gamefreakzach

[178]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 6
    Shadowflame291 wrote:
    TobiUchiha wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:

I know it's so stupid! You know what's sad? Everytime CN makes a new show, the assume it's gonna be a hit. Talk about desperate.

I KNOW! CN is quickly going down the drain! remember the good shows like loony tunes, dexters lab, edd,ed N' eddy, ozzy and drix ETC.?

Nick is oing the same thing too. although they still have the good shows such as spongebob, Fairily odd parents and full house reruns.

Shadowflame291

[179]Mar 3, 2008
    gamefreakzach wrote:
    Shadowflame291 wrote:
    TobiUchiha wrote:
    Adv193 wrote:

I KNOW! CN is quickly going down the drain! remember the good shows like loony tunes, dexters lab, edd,ed N' eddy, ozzy and drix ETC.?

Nick is oing the same thing too. although they still have the good shows such as spongebob, Fairily odd parents and full house reruns.

And thank God they cancelled Mr. Meaty! If only CN will do the same with Out Of Jimmy's Ass as I like to call it.

TobiUchiha

[180]Mar 4, 2008
    why do nickolodean and CN license these retarded shows?Out of Jimmy's Ass's cartoon characters are friggen micky mouse rip-offs. i mean even the studio that made the characters in the show is a rip-off of MGM Studios and the whole alien sister thing is just retarded.i can't believe CN even thought that adding an alien chick would make the show more interesting and wasn't that kid, that hangs out with jimmy, and his sister, japanese?!! not being racist or anything but aren't kids gonna be confused that they changed two japanese kids to black.