death in One Piece question

  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [21]Mar 3, 2010
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290
    Whitebeard makes 10. But in a very manly way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Elderlore

    Elderlore

    [22]Aug 27, 2010
    • member since: 04/07/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 417
    This topic should definitely have a spoiler alert lol. Yes there have been deaths shown in real time, and not just the ones mentioned. I believe around 500 people died in Enel's little game of cat and mouse (though not all of them were shown, his ability just stated people died). I'd also guess a truck-load of people died during the Enies Lobby arc too. In fact, on-screen deaths seem to be quite prevalent as of late.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [23]Aug 29, 2010
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290
    One would hope that a topic like "Death in Once Piece" would be enough for people to be cautious about reading it. Most of the deaths that haven't been shown in an episode of the anime are in spoiler tags though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Elderlore

    Elderlore

    [24]Aug 29, 2010
    • member since: 04/07/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 417
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    One would hope that a topic like "Death in Once Piece" would be enough for people to be cautious about reading it. Most of the deaths that haven't been shown in an episode of the anime are in spoiler tags though.


    Yeah but people almost always jump before they look and this is the sort of person who would then turn round and report it to a mod closing an interesting topic :s Shame it seems to have died really, I was hoping to get a big ole list going of who has bitten the proverbial bullet on screen
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [25]Aug 31, 2010
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290

    I think my list from before was pretty accurate but here you go:


    Spoilers are only for incidents that have not been shown in the anime yet.


    Killed in the present:


    1. Mr. 11 (shot in the head by the Billions)
    2. Roshio the Executioner (killed by Bellamy the Hyena)
    3. Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate (died of a ridiculous amount of gunshots)
    4. Portgas D. Ace (killed by Akainu)
    5. The guy judged by Enel when Nami was riding by on the waver


    Killed in a flashback:


    1. Gol D Roger (executed by the Marines)
    2. Jaguar D Saul (killed by Aokiji)
    3. Bellemere (killed by Arlong)
    4. Monblanc Norland (executed)
    5. Dr. Hiruluk (technically poisoned by Chopper, but committed suicide)
    6. Brooke (died of an undisclosed illness, was revived by his Devil Fruit Powers)
    7. Portgas D Rouge (died in childbirth)


    Death not shown on screen or in flashback:


    1. Oars, Sr. (froze to death)


    Fate unknown:


    1. Mr. 2 Bon Clay (attacked by Magellan, outcome unknown)
    2. Brownbeard (attacked by Basil Hawkins, outcome unknown)
    3. Bellamy the Hyena (attacked by Sarquiss, who was under the control of Don Quixote Dolflamingo)
    4. Oars, Jr. (attacked by the Marines, outcome unknown)



    This list only contains those people who died an unnatural death. Old age, natural causes, etc. didn't make it. If I've missed any, please let me know. Also, if anybody thinks I should spoiler more of the list, also, please let me know.

    Edited on 11/19/2010 3:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Revelation34

    Revelation34

    [26]Sep 5, 2010
    • member since: 04/28/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 372
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    I think my list from before was pretty accurate but here you go:

    Spoilers are only for incidents that have not been shown in the anime yet.

    Killed in the present:

    1. Mr. 11 (shot in the head by the Billions)
    2. Roshio the Executioner (killed by Bellamy the Hyena)

    ***SPOILER***
    5. The guy judged by Enel when Nami was riding by on the waver

    Killed in a flashback:

    1. Gol D Roger (executed by the Marines)
    2. Jaguar D Saul (killed by Aokiji)
    3. Bellemere (killed by Arlong)
    4. Monblanc Norland (executed)
    5. Dr. Hiruluk (technically poisoned by Chopper, but committed suicide)

    ***SPOILER***
    Fate unknown:
    1. Mr. 2 Bon Clay (attacked by Magellan, outcome unknown)
    2. Brownbeard (attacked by Basil Hawkins, outcome unknown)

    This list only contains those people who died an unnatural death. Old age, natural causes, etc. didn't make it. If I've missed any, please let me know. Also, if anybody thinks I should spoiler more of the list, also, please let me know.


    I'm glad you didn't put Bellamy on that list.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [27]Sep 7, 2010
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290
    As far as I am aware, he is still alive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ranemoraken

    Ranemoraken

    [28]Sep 13, 2010
    • member since: 04/18/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,333
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    As far as I am aware, he is still alive.
    Well, there was that special squad of soldiers who drank that elixer to fight crocodile. The elixir would kill them as it was claimed. Ugh...Pell...

    Let's see... hmmm... OH OF COURSE!

    Brook.

    I suppose Zoro killed his swordsman in the Thriller Bark arc as well. Did
    ***SPOILER***
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [29]Sep 14, 2010
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290
    I suppose the Super Ginyu Jackal Squad counts, although they aren't terribly important to the story.

    I think it was very much implied that
    ***SPOILER***
    , but I don't know if it's confirmed. Also, technically
    ***SPOILER***
    I had Brook on the original list, but took him off. I guess I can add him back on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of invisiblish

    invisiblish

    [30]Nov 10, 2010
    • member since: 01/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 691

    Bellamy, killed by Doflamingo... or killed because of him at the very least.
    ***SPOILER***




    With the question that he asked, and parameters that he spoke, Enel's kill does not count. Its filler and not part of Oda's story, not a 'sanctioned kill' if you will.



    ***SPOILER***


    Edited on 11/10/2010 3:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Revelation34

    Revelation34

    [31]Nov 13, 2010
    • member since: 04/28/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 372
    invisiblish wrote:

    Bellamy, killed by Doflamingo... or killed because of him at the very least.
    ***SPOILER***


    With the question that he asked, and parameters that he spoke, Enel's kill does not count. Its filler and not part of Oda's story, not a 'sanctioned kill' if you will.

    ***SPOILER***


    There is absolutely zero evidence that Bellamy is dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of invisiblish

    invisiblish

    [32]Nov 14, 2010
    • member since: 01/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 691

    ***SPOILER***
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [33]Nov 19, 2010
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290
    With One Piece, as with all shonen, I go by the "no body, no death" rule. We didn't see Bellamy get killed, so until there's a confirmation, he's still alive. As for Oars, I can't find any confirmation of whether he's alive or not (or if there is in the manga, I can't remember where it is). The Oars, Jr. wiki isn't any help either.

    If you'd like to think of Bellamy or Oars as dead, please feel free to do so. However, for the sake of accuracy, I can't list them until I'm sure they're dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shadowysea07

    shadowysea07

    [34]Nov 22, 2010
    • member since: 09/21/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 3,289

    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    With One Piece, as with all shonen, I go by the "no body, no death" rule. We didn't see Bellamy get killed, so until there's a confirmation, he's still alive. As for Oars, I can't find any confirmation of whether he's alive or not (or if there is in the manga, I can't remember where it is). The Oars, Jr. wiki isn't any help either. If you'd like to think of Bellamy or Oars as dead, please feel free to do so. However, for the sake of accuracy, I can't list them until I'm sure they're dead.
    yeah can't argue with that logiceven though it'd "make sense" for both of them to be dead but as you said shonen doesn't try to follow logic. it would seem to support oars being alivethoughsince his body wasn't there near white beards and aces grave ( unless they just shoved his huge butt in the oceansince gecko moria wasn't able to take it). as for bon clay being alive that'd probably the biggest disapointment next to the whole outcome of the rescue ace arc. unless he magically pulled the ability to gain his opponents abilities via copy or their physical bodies natural abilities i'd prefer he'd stay dead. especially since his sacrifice was in vain cuz the gates were going to open whether he did anything or not D:
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Revelation34

    Revelation34

    [35]Feb 3, 2011
    • member since: 04/28/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 372
    shadowysea07 wrote:

    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    With One Piece, as with all shonen, I go by the "no body, no death" rule. We didn't see Bellamy get killed, so until there's a confirmation, he's still alive. As for Oars, I can't find any confirmation of whether he's alive or not (or if there is in the manga, I can't remember where it is). The Oars, Jr. wiki isn't any help either. If you'd like to think of Bellamy or Oars as dead, please feel free to do so. However, for the sake of accuracy, I can't list them until I'm sure they're dead.
    yeah can't argue with that logiceven though it'd "make sense" for both of them to be dead but as you said shonen doesn't try to follow logic. it would seem to support oars being alivethoughsince his body wasn't there near white beards and aces grave ( unless they just shoved his huge butt in the oceansince gecko moria wasn't able to take it). as for bon clay being alive that'd probably the biggest disapointment next to the whole outcome of the rescue ace arc. unless he magically pulled the ability to gain his opponents abilities via copy or their physical bodies natural abilities i'd prefer he'd stay dead. especially since his sacrifice was in vain cuz the gates were going to open whether he did anything or not D:


    I say Oars Jr. isn't dead either. There's no evidence that Bellamy or him died. Also I disagree with Bon Kurei being dead. There's no evidence for it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ranemoraken

    Ranemoraken

    [36]Feb 22, 2011
    • member since: 04/18/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,333
    Yeah, there's no evidence for it - but it really only makes sense that died. It'd take a pretty big slight of hand to get them out of their situations - not that Oda wouldn't use it. But for instance - we've got Caribou's crew, who should all be dead now. But maybe they got picked up by one of the fishman pirates?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Vertoxx

    Vertoxx

    [37]Jul 8, 2012
    • member since: 07/07/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    ***SPOILER***


    On the manga cover of episode 666, The cover shows that Bon Clay is alive and the new ruler of New Kama Land on level 5.5 and Brownbeard in the latest ark is shown to be alive... up until the point is assasinated by to giants anyway...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [38]Jul 10, 2012
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290

    Here's the updated list. Spoilers are only for incidents that have not been shown in the anime yet.


    Killed in the present:


    1. Mr. 11 (shot in the head by the Billions)
    2. Roshio the Executioner (killed by Bellamy the Hyena)
    3. Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate (died a manly death)
    4. Portgas D. Ace (killed by Akainu)
    5. The guy judged by Enel when Nami was riding by on the waver

    ***SPOILER***



    Killed in a flashback:


    1. Gol D Roger (executed by the Marines)
    2. Bellemere (killed by Arlong)
    3. Kuina (sickness)
    4. Monblanc Norland (executed)
    5. Dr. Hiruluk (technically poisoned by Chopper, but committed suicide)
    6. Tom (executed by the Marines with a DON!)
    7. Jaguar D Saul (killed by Aokiji)
    8. Brooke (died of an undisclosed illness, was revived by his Devil Fruit Powers)
    9. Portgas D Rouge (died in childbirth)
    10. Sabo (killed by Tenryuubito)
    11. Fisher Tiger (killed by Marines)
    12. Queen Otohime (killed by Hody Jones)


    Death not shown on screen or in flashback:


    1. Oars, Sr. (froze to death)


    Fate unknown:


    1. Oars, Jr. (attacked by the Marines, outcome still unknown)
    2. Drip/Fake Sanji (possibly drowned by Caribou)


    Removed from the list due to confirmation of being alive.


    1. Bellamy the Hyena (confirmed alive as a participant in the gladiator tournament. if anyone actually looks at this list, or cares if this is a spoiler, I'll add tags)
    2. Mr. 2 Bon Clay
    3. Brownbeard

    Edited on 04/03/2013 12:46pm
    Edited 8 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of invisiblish

    invisiblish

    [39]Nov 29, 2012
    • member since: 01/17/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 691
    I dont think we've had any deaths worth adding to the list. Even with the current manga progression I haven't read anything of confirmed death, though some have come fairly close
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fishbulb13

    Fishbulb13

    [40]Dec 27, 2012
    • member since: 04/26/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 8,290
    Minor updates to the list.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.