Official Funimation/4Kids Discussion Thread

TVMan16

[321]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    MB9456 wrote:

bryanoftoons wrote:
    I was talking about the 4Kids dub. Not Funimation's

I'm going to have to say this, but Bryan I know you like 4kids, but it's stop hating on Funimation for trying to give us fans/viewers a nice dub of One Piece. It's time to move on and enjoy the show as it was originally intended.

We sat through the 4kids chopped up dub, now it's time to move on...

He's right! bryanoftoons you have to see the japanese version it's totally awesome!!!

Episode 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0J_LXu-HU&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeUFPHb6ijE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ou2xeFqFc

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kyfm

[322]May 13, 2009
    • level: 5
    the funimation version is better rite im glad one piece actually finished its run on cartoon network but fox box aired one piece off and on for months at a time they go a few months with new eps then rerun those and start new ones again and so ondid one great show tmnt 2k3

Ed-Ventures

[323]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 20

Funimation are my favourite company that do dubs as I like the one piece ones and the dbz ones

Edited on 10/08/2009 12:51pm

Ranemoraken

[324]Jun 13, 2010
    Yeah, I like the funimation dubs. It'll be interesting now that we're coming to where they started dubbing their characters... I'm just worried that the quality will drop when I buy the Skypeia dvds.

Fishbulb13

[325]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 16
    While I didn't like some of their localizations (IIRC, they dropped the "god" from God Eneru), the voice work was still pretty good. I'm more excited that they're getting that much closer to dubbing Water 7/Enies Lobby. If they cast that right, it could be exceptional.

Ranemoraken

[326]Jun 15, 2010
    Indeed. There are some pretty damn good episodes intermingled here and there. I really like the episode with Mr 2. versus Hina. That was just epic to the max. I honestly wasn't all that interested in the Crocodile fight. The problem of reading the manga first, i suppose. I do get to relive my experience vicariously through my Anime-buddy - who has not read the manga. I haven't watched the filler arc dvds yet...I'll probably get them when the next set comes out. If I heard right, the next set is the worst filler of the series, of which later stuff is actually pretty decent.

Fishbulb13

[327]Jun 18, 2010
    The Rainbow Mist arc is probably the best filler arc in the series that I've seen, but the ones before it were a bit lackluster.

Ranemoraken

[328]Jul 19, 2010
    ...really? I could have sworn that it was the rainbow mist one that was said to be awful...Ah, well, it looks like I'm picking up that volume anyway and the first Skypiea one, so I'll find out soon enough.

Super_Pirate

[329]Aug 13, 2010
    • level: 3
    I like the subs more because their voices are so much better compared to the dub but I did hear that funimation did a good job with dubbing. I might have to check it out.

Ranemoraken

[330]Sep 13, 2010
    Well, I've checked out the first few episodes of the Mock Town/Skypeia arc. I've elected to skip out on the filler dvd for now - and will add it to the collection at a later and cheaper time. As the arc stands, it wasn't my favorite. There were important overt moments, but most of the arc is drowned in the fanfare of something that is ultimately a distraction. So the bits on Noland and his successor and all that is more of the same. The Turtle's face of shock was pure comedy gold again. (I've never seen these episodes animated after all.)

Mock Town turned out really nicely, and they made it feel bustling and dangerous. The stroll through the town was quite a ceremony. The fight in the bar was brief, but Luffy getting smashed through a window was epic and painful. Bellamy killing the man after their poker match looked excellent as well.

And Blackbeard sounded quite good. It'll be interesting to see what else can come from that voice. I don't remember Luffy and Zoro to be so stand-offish as he is speaking, but they are aware of his presence, i suppose.

Kazaguruma45

[331]May 22, 2011
    • level: 19

If 4Kids still had One Piece it would worsen the Arcs! ergo:

* Jyabura could force Sogeking to Relinquish His Kabuto in exchange for His Life.
    * Franky's Tragedy at the Sea Train Tracks could be that He'd be whacked away and landed in the Sea.
    * The Merry Go would be put in Galley-La's Historic Ship Museum. (instead of being Burned)
    * Brooke could be introducing Himself instead of the Panties thing.
    * and in Brooke's Backstory, He and His Crew could die of Starvation instead of beingPoisoned.

I'm sure You'd hate them, Huh?

Fishbulb13

[332]May 27, 2011
    It would have been interesting to see how they dealt with Brooke at all, considering that he's dead. Also,
    ***SPOILER***