Official Manga Discussion Thread (Major Spoilers)

CosmicDebris

[21]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 11
    I'm still waiting for a translation of 396. There's some summaries out, though.

No, if Kaku joins I'll eat my socks. Why would anyone even think that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yokaiforte

[22]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 12
    Kaku? No. The villain joined the crew theme was already used on nico Robin.the theme was used quite successfully by Oda. Too successfully for another villain to join. It's just too predictable. Or old. Or both.

neomaster121

[23]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 26
    397 out and it seems its the last or second to last of nico robins past so only got 1 or 2 weeks before cp9 fight its going to be great

CosmicDebris

[24]Jan 26, 2006
    Yeah, it looks like that was the end. There might be a little more to it, but I think that we'll be back to the present day by at least the second half of the chapter. That was a really great flashback, though, very tragic. A lot of stuff makes sense now. And now we know why Robin was so scared of Ao Kiji. It's nice to know that he at least has a little heart, though.

Oh, and Akainu is a bastard.
    Edited on 01/26/2006 11:55am

yokaiforte

[25]Jan 26, 2006
    Akainu is just someone like Sengoku. Guy who says WG is justice. He's a bastard without an afro back then in basic.

Ao Kiji. I can see why Robin fears him, seeing as to what happened to Saul. SAUL!!!!!!!! WHY DID HE HAVE TO GO??!?!?!? O well.... heh... I guess that's why he's my favorite flashback character.

Robin. Damn that's tragic. Laugh when it hurts. Man, that girl has one sad past.

Kai-X

[26]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 3
    I think Akainu is just a Psycho in General.

Sengoku i wouldn't call evil. He is just following Orders. That is his job, he was admiral after all.

Sauro was raelly awesome. Shame what happenned to him.

neomaster121

[27]Jan 29, 2006
    i don't know if anyone notice but Robin didn't destroy 6 battleships, giant did it. and the main reason for her bounty was for destroying the ships.

CosmicDebris

[28]Jan 29, 2006
    Actually no, it was said previously that the reason for her bounty is being able to read the poneglyphs, though saying she destroyed ships certainly would help push the bounty...

I suspected from the beginning of this arc that Robin was framed in the destruction of those ships. There was something that I read that alluded to that earlier, though I forget what it was now.
    You may recall that Kuzan said "if a Buster Callgets thwarted by a former Marine, that doesn't look so good, now does it...?"
    I think what we're going to see is that the WG blames Sauro's crimes on Robin to cover up the fact that one of their own rebelled, while at the same time demonizing Robin and Ohara ("a little girl destroyed marine ships - just think of how horrible the rest of Ohara must be!") and therefore justifying the destruction of the island.
    Edited on 01/29/2006 12:55am

_MizTiKe_

[29]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 4
    Wow the Straw Hat Pirates declared war against the World Government in chapter 398 (they burned down the WG flag), now probably they're ALL gonna have bountys on their heads, about time

neomaster121

[30]Feb 3, 2006
    Just saw that part and they are most likly going to all have bounties

Can't wait til next week Cp9 vs Strawhats fight begins

yokaiforte

[31]Feb 3, 2006
    Killer move... FIRE BIRD STAR!!!
    Uso... I mean Sogeking's new kick-ass weapon!

peps121

[32]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 5
    Does anyone think usopp willget a bounty or sogking

_MizTiKe_

[33]Feb 3, 2006
    yokaiforte wrote:
    Killer move... FIRE BIRD STAR!!!
    Uso... I mean Sogeking's new kick-ass weapon!

Yeah pretty cool I hope Usopp stays as Sogeking he looks way better like this, and we may finally see him and Nami kick some serious butt with all those dials they brought from Sky-Piea hehehe

_MizTiKe_

[34]Feb 3, 2006
    peps121 wrote:
    Does anyone think usopp willget a bounty or sogking

After declaring war against the WORLD they gotta have to get bountys, but Usopp is probably gonna get the bounty as Sogeking, which is good for him, now he's kinda of a superhero with a secret identity

CosmicDebris

[35]Feb 3, 2006
    Usopp can't stay Sogeking...can you imagine wearing a mask 24/7? Besides, I'd miss his cute face.

Senshi274

[36]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    I think Sanji's getting a bounty for what he did on the Puffing Tom. Luffy, Zoro, and Robin's might get higher, too.

So, it looks like Robin finally wants to live. I'm looking forward to their fight with the CP9.

CosmicDebris

[37]Feb 5, 2006
    I think ALL of them are in deep caca for declaring war on the WG. A bouny may not even be enough.

_MizTiKe_

[38]Feb 5, 2006
    I doubt the WG is gonna admit why the bountys were raised, they would never go "WE WANT THEM DEAD CAUSE THOSE SINGLE 8 YOUNG PIRATES KICKED OUR BUTTS", just like they blamed Robin for destroying all the ships so that they could catch her i wonder what they'll come up with for them...atempt of murdering Iceburg, Stealing prisonners (Robin and Franky), atacking the train...nah too weak. I think they'll either raise them about 80.000.000 each for no reason, blame them for something they (the WG) did in the past, or blame them for wanting to destroy the world (with the blueprints and Robins ancient reading abillitys).

yokaiforte

[39]Feb 5, 2006
    _MizTiKe_ wrote:
    I doubt the WG is gonna admit why the bountys were raised, they would never go "WE WANT THEM DEAD CAUSE THOSE SINGLE 8 YOUNG PIRATES KICKED OUR BUTTS", just like they blamed Robin for destroying all the ships so that they could catch her i wonder what they'll come up with for them...atempt of murdering Iceburg, Stealing prisonners (Robin and Franky), atacking the train...nah too weak. I think they'll either raise them about 80.000.000 each for no reason, blame them for something they (the WG) did in the past, or blame them for wanting to destroy the world (with the blueprints and Robins ancient reading abillitys).
    Well, that's not necessary. They could say that those pirates declared war against the WG and call them revolutionaries or something of the sort. Furthermore, they can't say that the attempted assassination of Iceburg was the Mugiwara's fault, seeing as Iceburg would probably deny those allegations, which would give rise to questions about the truthfulness of the WG in the common citizen.

_MizTiKe_

[40]Feb 5, 2006
    To admit they declared war against the WG would make people wonder why didn't they just kill them, and would make the WG look weak, and they could murder Iceburg since now he knows about CP9 and blame it on the Straw Hats.