Official Manga Discussion Thread (Major Spoilers)

yokaiforte

[61]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 12
    What happened to Chopper then?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

neomaster121

[62]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 26
    seems like hes not fighting maybe he will help out with one of them

CosmicDebris

[63]Feb 17, 2006
    • level: 11
    Wow, awesomeness.

Most of the match-ups were a surprise to me, other than Lucci/Luffy and Zoro/Kaku. I totally did not even consider Sogeking fighting Jyabura. That's going to be a totally unpredictable fight.

I should have seen Sanji/Kalifa coming...this is going to be an amusing fight. ^_^

I started laughing at Franky looking for the break room to find cola. Perhaps he's going to learn to draw strength for other sources...or conserve better.

Nami/Kumadori....strange. Don't konw how that's going to go.

Now about Chopper...it almost seems like there's missing information, because Chopper is there one moment, and then he's gone, and nobody seems to notice or question that he's gone. There must be a reason for that. He might be figthing Funkfried (the elephant-sword) or maybe Blueno will wake up.

Poor Lucci, he must be pissed that Spandam dragged him away from the fight. Not that he won't get his, though.

:
    These are only fights for now. There are obviously more ahead.

The only person missing is Chopper.

I don't think he's going to just help someone. I'm guess he'll go after Spandam and fight the elephant, while Luffy fights Lucci, but maybe not.

PS - You would have to be a moron if you're not caught up to Water 7 and you're reading these spoilers.

Edited on 02/17/2006 1:03pm

Kirbopher15

[64]Feb 17, 2006
    • level: 4
    Yaaay, I'm a moron

I'm planning on cosplaying as Kaku for Otakon '06, so learning his powers very soon has really worked out for me. I'm kinda disappointed that Zoro's fighting him and not Ussop, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

knowledgeseeker

[65]Feb 17, 2006
    • level: 21
    Do you think Smoker's name will be changed to Chaser like Zoro was changed to Zolo? I think it is very likely. After all, you guys said it would be for commercial and merchandising purposes.

CosmicDebris

[66]Feb 17, 2006
    Kirbopher15 wrote:
    Yaaay, I'm a moron

Shame on you!

:
    I'm planning on cosplaying as Kaku for Otakon '06, so learning his powers very soon has really worked out for me. I'm kinda disappointed that Zoro's fighting him and not Ussop, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

I was kind of hoping it would be a long-nosed battle, but I didn't have my heart set on it. Sogeking ighting Jyabura is pretty amazing and totally unpredictable.
    Besides, the thought of Zoro totally pwning Kaku makes me happy. ^_^

Kirbopher15

[67]Feb 18, 2006
    Eh, but from what I can make of it (and if I'm wrong, PLEASE correct me, I dunno what I'm talking about half the time) it's something like "Hey, I clashed blades with you for about two seconds in that burning building when you had the cape on, therefore we must have an honorable fight of some sort! Ha ha!". Whereas, aside from just the similiar looks, Kaku's the guy who pushed the Merry-Go out of Franky's place and into the stormy sea, which obviously Ussop would be pissed as hell about. I don't know what Jyabura is capable of, aside from him being one of the stongest in CP9, and while it IS surprising, I guess I just got my hopes up a little bit too much @_@

championking

[68]Feb 18, 2006
    • level: 19
    Can someone send me a link of the raw downloads, I have no idea where to get them lol.

CosmicDebris

[69]Feb 18, 2006
    Kirbopher15 wrote:
    Eh, but from what I can make of it (and if I'm wrong, PLEASE correct me, I dunno what I'm talking about half the time) it's something like "Hey, I clashed blades with you for about two seconds in that burning building when you had the cape on, therefore we must have an honorable fight of some sort! Ha ha!".

No, it was more like "my sword wants your blood ROR!" XD That naughty Zoro.

:
    Whereas, aside from just the similiar looks, Kaku's the guy who pushed the Merry-Go out of Franky's place and into the stormy sea, which obviously Ussop would be pissed as hell about.

Well, this fight isn't about revenge. I would be very disapointed in Usopp if after all this time, all he's concerned about is avenging Merry. He's gone all this way, even though he left the crew, becaues he wants to fight for Robin. I think he's over Merry and focused on the LIVING.
    And the ship's name is Going Merry, not Merry-Go. Darn 4klds/Viz and their pointless name changes.

:
    I don't know what Jyabura is capable of, aside from him being one of the stongest in CP9, and while it IS surprising, I guess I just got my hopes up a little bit too much @_@

Jyabura is apparently a wolf-zoan user as well as knowing Rokushiki.

championking

[70]Feb 18, 2006
    Thx Neo for the link, I guess they gave up on Version 3 so they went back to 2.

Kirbopher15

[71]Feb 18, 2006
    I'm well aware that it's "Going Merry" considering all of the subbed episodes I've watched. I just tend to say Merry-Go because it's shorter and easier to say, plus it's what I heard first.

CosmicDebris

[72]Feb 18, 2006
    Well, ok then. I just say Merry. Actually if you were speaking Japanese, Merry-gou would be a correct way to say it, because -gou is a suffix - it's like "san" but for a ship.

Kirbopher15

[73]Feb 22, 2006
    ...why is Kaku a giraffe...WHY ._.

neomaster121

[74]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 26
    Edited on 02/22/2006 2:53pm

yokaiforte

[75]Feb 22, 2006
    Hey, don't worry Kirbopher. Now his Yontouryuu can be mastered to rokutouryuu! or nanatouryuu if he can use his head too.

Kirbopher15

[76]Feb 22, 2006
    But...but...how am I supposed to use this to my advantage for when I cosplay as him at Otakon!? D:

championking

[77]Feb 22, 2006
    Im surprised he is a giraffe, it never crossed my mind even once he was going to be a giraffe zoan.

yokaiforte

[78]Feb 22, 2006
    Kirbopher15 wrote:
    But...but...how am I supposed to use this to my advantage for when I cosplay as him at Otakon!? D:
    hmm... get two people with one moving the legs near the ass like in those cartoons like Family Guy? Or we could wait and see his half form if he can master his half form.

matrix35165

[79]Feb 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    in the manga it very now seems that they will learn certain abilities in the futre e.g sanji probaly learn the kicking attack. and zolo might learn the sword cp9 moves

CosmicDebris

[80]Feb 24, 2006
    I waited for HQ and translation.

TAHAHA, and much hilarity ensues. I'm so happy that we get to see an example of an inexperienced DF user. It makes you realize how much time and effort it must take for one to really hone their skills. Poor Kaku. I never would have expected a Giraffe. XD That's so awesome. And Jyabura looks awesome too, I love the Tex Avery crossed with asian look.

And YEAH Usopp, he's still afraid, but he's standing his ground with convinction.
    I have no idea where this is going, though. Will Usopp and Zoro team up? Will the switch back and forth? Will more fights collide? Long before the fights started, I thought that the strawhats really making use of teamwork would be a great thing to unify them. They've mostly fought as lone wolves in the past, with the exception of Usopp and Chopper. I'd kind of like to see them ALL work together, but either way, it's going to be cool.

PS - badass Usopp line: "Enough with the trash talk! If you want a fight let's fight! I came here to save Robin!"
    Edited on 02/24/2006 11:54pm