Official Manga Discussion Thread (Major Spoilers)

ice_edge

[1341]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 13
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    What, are you saying all fishmen look alike?

This could be a very interesting arc. I wonder if Oda will include ramifications of Whitebeard's death on Fishman Island?

Presents of wb's death will be felt no doubt about it. All of the world felt it so I doubt fishman island would be any different. And even more so since it was his territory.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fishbulb13

[1342]Dec 23, 2010
    • level: 16
    There's definitely a direct implication, in that the threat of retaliation from Whitebeard prevented slave traders from kidnapping (fishnapping) fishmen and mermaids. Even with their combined strength, I don't think the remnants of the WB pirates (even with people like Jozu and Marco) have the clout to prevent it. It would be interesting to see the ramifications, but I don't think the storyline would suffer without.

Ranemoraken

[1343]Dec 27, 2010
    • level: 20
    Yeah, as I understand it, the New World is territory divided by the four pirate Emporers, whereas the ... other world is more of the World Government. So WB's death will certainly have led to a vacuum certainly filled by Blackbeard...

I think Hammond is my favorite of the new fishmen introduced so far. I just like that look a lot. Whoever said "Davy Jones" might pop up soon was right, we just had a pirate name of "Jones" thrown out to us.

Fishbulb13

[1344]Dec 28, 2010
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Yeah, as I understand it, the New World is territory divided by the four pirate Emporers, whereas the ... other world is more of the World Government. So WB's death will certainly have led to a vacuum certainly filled by Blackbeard...

I think Hammond is my favorite of the new fishmen introduced so far. I just like that look a lot. Whoever said "Davy Jones" might pop up soon was right, we just had a pirate name of "Jones" thrown out to us.

Uhuehuehue.

TMNThottie

[1345]Dec 29, 2010
    • level: 10

Ranemoraken wrote:
    Well, a lot of prisoners escaped from Impel down. I don't think Arlong would have been a level 6 prisoner, but he is very strong. No, I suspect this is someone new, who has a relationship to Arlong...but MMMMM, it could be a lot of fun to have Arlong back.

It would! I was actually think Arlong's father at first but Brother could work as well... Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Arlong is at Fishmen Island... some of his buddies could probably take him there since they can just swim through the calm belt. Since the Fishmen in the New World are very strong, I bet that they'd survive a bunch of Sea Kings. I just personally hope that if Arlong isat Fishman Island that Nami beats him up. Just saying...

Sanji... *Face Palms*... really? *Sigh* Well, I suppose youdidexperience your version of Hell for two years... but still... to almost die...

I hope Luffy, Sanji, Usopp, and Chopper find the other's soon... I wonder what Jimbei's message was...

I bet Luffy makes a huge scene that shows that there really is little difference between Humans and Fishmen/Mermen/Mermaids/etc. After all, look at half the people Oda draws! Sometimes the Fishmen look more human... which is exactlywhy I love One Piece! So muchcreativity!

I can't wait to see what other power's the Strawhat Crew have unlocked! Too bad there's a break this week... *Sob*

Fishbulb13

[1346]Dec 31, 2010
    Until mid-January, actually. At least you have a support group here going through the same withdrawal.

Since Luffy tends to make allies with just about every (non-evil) person he meets, I wouldn't be surprised if the fishman royal family allies with him. He might go all Whitebeard on them, proclaiming that Fishman Island is under his protection, although that's not worth too much yet.

ice_edge

[1347]Jan 6, 2011
    • level: 13
    TMNThottie wrote:

Ranemoraken wrote:
    Well, a lot of prisoners escaped from Impel down. I don't think Arlong would have been a level 6 prisoner, but he is very strong. No, I suspect this is someone new, who has a relationship to Arlong...but MMMMM, it could be a lot of fun to have Arlong back.

It would! I was actually think Arlong's father at first but Brother could work as well... Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Arlong is at Fishmen Island... some of his buddies could probably take him there since they can just swim through the calm belt. Since the Fishmen in the New World are very strong, I bet that they'd survive a bunch of Sea Kings. I just personally hope that if Arlong isat Fishman Island that Nami beats him up. Just saying...

Sanji... *Face Palms*... really? *Sigh* Well, I suppose youdidexperience your version of Hell for two years... but still... to almost die...

I hope Luffy, Sanji, Usopp, and Chopper find the other's soon... I wonder what Jimbei's message was...

I bet Luffy makes a huge scene that shows that there really is little difference between Humans and Fishmen/Mermen/Mermaids/etc. After all, look at half the people Oda draws! Sometimes the Fishmen look more human... which is exactlywhy I love One Piece! So muchcreativity!

I can't wait to see what other power's the Strawhat Crew have unlocked! Too bad there's a break this week... *Sob*

And you are? lol Sorry I could not resist.

As far as Sanji goes this could be one of the most dumb ways to die just like the crew said. I would laugh my ass of for weeks. I mean nosebleed was invented in manga/anime to be a comic releaf. Making it a serious thing would just loose all of my words. I wonder if one should laugh or cry about it. As for manga withdrawals. LoL that is funny. I mean these guys work their ass of all year long to deliver us best manga possible and we can't even go few weeks without in the end of the year. I mean these guys deserve these few weeks of rest in the end of the year and half of January. So they can recharge and give us best possible manga the following year .

ghost_face99

[1348]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 8
    New chapter.

Guess Fishman Island is under the protection of another of the pirate emperors.

Somehow, I'm not sure if I believe that ending prediction.

Fishbulb13

[1349]Jan 13, 2011
    Luffy pretty much destroys every place he fights, so it may not be that bad of a prediction.

Ranemoraken

[1350]Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I forgot to post last time. My only slight shock was that they turned Sanji's comedy routine into a serious crises. I was a little aghast at how they used this moment.

It was still a really cool moment with Luffy though. And this week, it was followed up by the swordsmen.

But this week, wow, lots of info. Still lots more to come, I hope. The Fishman Island has so much explaining, and it looks like we're gonna be here a while. There are so many characters introduced and we KNOW that everyone who is introduced will make a comeback in the arc. AW, I'm so excited. I thought the fishmen were the coolest thing back in Arlong Park. This octopus swordsman looks soooooo cooooool!

Hey, if this witch predicted that whitebeard would die, would it explain even further why Jinbei was so animated to help? Naw...he couldn't have known...because she's always right. Would he extend himself against fate? I can't tell. He's a stubborn guy.

Fishbulb13

[1351]Jan 14, 2011
    I think if she had predicted that Ace would die, it would make Jimbei more fervent to try to protect him.

Ranemoraken

[1352]Jan 21, 2011
    ah, there we go. The villains have made their appearance. They are less interesting in person. Colorful, but their personalities aren't all that refreshing. IT seems like Hodie Jones might have some interesting history. And again, like in every arc, it's always interesting to see how Oda can tie all these plotlines together.

Fishbulb13

[1353]Jan 22, 2011
    My favorite is Zeo. Evil Zoidberg Fishman ftw.

Ranemoraken

[1354]Jan 25, 2011
    LOL. Zoidberg.

I did love that model.

Ranemoraken

[1355]Jan 27, 2011
    Chapter's up.

Uh...Is luffy jumping up and down on...
    oh.

My.

And I fully expect a Numa Numa AMV in the future now.

Ranemoraken

[1356]Feb 3, 2011
    Chapter's up (again)

well...looks like the action has started. I was wondering why her door was covered in weapons! lol. An arc with two lead villains? That's sorta nice for a change. The two villains are completely boring so far - but I have faith in Oda. (I just doubt he'll top Arlong Good god that guy was cool when he first appeared.)

Although, Oda does have a handful of boringish villains.

Fishbulb13

[1357]Feb 10, 2011

Wapol was just about the most boring thing ever in the manga, for example. So far it's going the "everybody mistakes them for bad guys but eventually realize they're not" route like on Water 7, but I hope Oda decides to subvert that somehow. And maybe get Big Mam involved. That would be boss.

Also, what is it with Luffy and princesses? So far he's managed to befriend the Princesses of Alabasta, the Kuja tribe, and Fishman Island. He keeps this up and he'll have quite the harem.

Edited on 02/10/2011 3:05pm

Ranemoraken

[1358]Feb 12, 2011
    Ya, no kidding. I'm starting to think that every island after this one will have allegiences to different pirate emporers. In fact, we'll probably find out who the new fourth emporer is - assuming that it's Blackbeard and not Buggy.

Also, I guess it was about time we had someone explain how the new world was going to be different. Unless the second last island NEVER sets the log posse, someone would have had to figure out a way to raftel? But I guess that's one of the major questions of One Piece - why can't anyone get there?

Anyhoo, Hodi is apparently given big boss priveleges by Jinbei - so expect a showdown later with Straw Hat. I wonder though, what fate my rest with Vander Dekken - since he seems like the unknown quantity here. His personality is Sanji-ish though, isn't it?

Speaking of which...wouldn't this place be the All Blue? It's been bugging me for a while.

Fishbulb13

[1359]Feb 14, 2011
    The fourth Yonkou is Kaidou. Although, with Whitebeard deceased, the World Government might promote Blackbeard to replace him.

As for why nobody's gotten to Raftel, I assumed it was because the journey was so dangerous and harrowing that there were very few crews capable of making it. And of the crews that could make it, some, like Whitebeard, had no interest in getting there.

No idea about Van der Decken. I assume that if Jones fights Luffy, VDD will too. Maybe this will be the first double boss fight?

Ranemoraken

[1360]Feb 17, 2011
    Yeah, that's what I meant about the Pirate Emperors. I don't think that the marines would promote someone though - I'm sure many pretenders came to light, and most of the territories have changed as a result - With either Blackbeard, Buggy, or Eustass Kid having risen. Considering that Blackbeard was using the impersonation pirates, its assumed that he has a broader reach than before.

That's one possible reason for Raftel's seclusion.

Chapter's up. I do like this double boss fight idea. I thought it was strange that he had a black glove on one hand, and I was all, "OH! he memorizes the princess with that hand!" but then the chapter told us anyway, so my revelation is less cool.

I was worried that Jinbei wasn't going to show up at all in this arc, but his inclusion creates an even more hectic scene now. (I like sanji's neck when he heard the woman calling.)