Official Manga Discussion Thread (Major Spoilers)

noomma

[1361]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 5
    Loved the newest chapter this week.

Even without Jinbei's message delivered to him, Luffy is still going to the place where Jinei is. The funniest part about the prediction is that as soon as Madame Shirley said it, I was thinking, Luffy always destroys the establishment wherever he goes. But this time, I think he's going in for social destruction.

My prediction- the fact that he has antibodies to all sorts of poisins means that he's going to be sharing blood with someone of the royal family and that Jinebi will be the new leader of Fishman Island since King Neptune cannot fight, he is a respected 'boss' even if he is a pirate and because he is the follower of Queen Otohime.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ranemoraken

[1362]Feb 22, 2011
    • level: 20
    That IS interesting Noomma. I bet you hit the head of the nail with that guess. Luffy is going to share his blood! Classic.

I'm curious about Van Dekker himself. His ability seems to have a lot of comedy gold. Can he...for instance...throw himself? Why hasn't he tried that? If he can throw himself, can he throw himself AT himself? That would be an awesome way to beat the boss - if he could be tricked into touching himself and then throwing himself. Perhaps not. Because remember, he can throw pirates at the princess but he can do so without touching them with his hands - presumably. Or perhaps he just uses his gloved hand...

Ranemoraken

[1363]Mar 10, 2011
    Hmm, well, this is the big threat of this island. Hodi's filling the castle with water - that alone is a huge advantage. Very interesting.

The_Nobody101

[1364]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 4

With the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan, i want to say R.I.P to all those who've died in Japan, and my heart and prayers goes out to all those effected.

Edited on 03/18/2011 6:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Ranemoraken

[1365]Mar 20, 2011
    Well, it's unclear still if this is a "bellamy" arc.

I would have thought it cruel if the opponents here turned out to be too challenging. As it stands, these enemies are probably foes that the old crew could have clashed against - with similar success as before. But now they might just crush everyone.

But Hodi was off his meds.

Fishbulb13

[1366]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 16
    So, it ends up being sort of a Bellamy arc, mainly to show off the new powers of the crew against formidable, but not overwhelming enemies.

If people haven't been reading, you should catch up-ch. A huge bombshell was just dropped-ch.

invisiblish

[1367]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 9
    The current arc or inbetween arcs is great!

Fishbulb13

[1368]Feb 16, 2013
    Has it really been that long since people-n discussed One Piece-n? I wasn't surprised that Trafalgar-n was made a Shichibukai, but I was surprised that they elevated Blackbeard-n to Yonkou. I figured he'd be too dangerous to allow to have that title-n.

invisiblish

[1369]Feb 16, 2013
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    Has it really been that long since people-n discussed One Piece-n? I wasn't surprised that Trafalgar-n was made a Shichibukai, but I was surprised that they elevated Blackbeard-n to Yonkou. I figured he'd be too dangerous to allow to have that title-n.

Sad isn't it?

I wasn't surprised by either. Trafalgar made a name for himself at Saobody and then the War by saving Luffy. And Blackbeard taking out Whitebeard was bound to have him move up. They all got their titles for being the most powerful and dangerous figures.

I'm actually very surprised by Luffy being ok with going up against Shanks. I understand taking on the other 3, most understandable with Blackbeard (they have to be set on a collision course somehow), but Shanks himself? I guess to set up their reunion. To me the overall story lines running One Piece are Luffy's eventual meeting with Shanks, his inevitable fight with Blackbeard (main antagonist), and possible finding of One Piece itself.

I do wonder how much of Dragon and the Revolution will be included during the series.

Fishbulb13

[1370]Feb 18, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    Fishbulb13 wrote:

Sad isn't it?

I wasn't surprised by either. Trafalgar made a name for himself at Saobody and then the War by saving Luffy. And Blackbeard taking out Whitebeard was bound to have him move up. They all got their titles for being the most powerful and dangerous figures.

I'm actually very surprised by Luffy being ok with going up against Shanks. I understand taking on the other 3, most understandable with Blackbeard (they have to be set on a collision course somehow), but Shanks himself? I guess to set up their reunion. To me the overall story lines running One Piece are Luffy's eventual meeting with Shanks, his inevitable fight with Blackbeard (main antagonist), and possible finding of One Piece itself.

I do wonder how much of Dragon and the Revolution will be included during the series.

I only meant that Blackbeard released several of the most dangerous criminals alive, so I didn't think that the Marines would designate him as a Yonkou, essentially giving him free reign to do as he pleases (especially since it seemed he had very malicious intentions).

I bet Luffy is looking forward to fighting his hero to test how far he has progressed, if nothing else. And don't forget, it's a reunion for Usopp too. His father, Yasopp, is part of Shank's crew.

I hope that Dragon will have a part in the upcoming storylines. Oda has put a lot into developing Dragon, so I can't help but think he'll be a part of something. Also can't wait to have the Will of D explained.

invisiblish

[1371]Feb 18, 2013
    I don't think that the Government designates who the Yonkou are. I never believed that to be in league with the 7 Warlords; more so that the 4 Yonkou were just too powerful to take out with a head on attack. Kind of like regarding who are the 'Greatest Pirates of Today' kind of deal: it's up to debate but overall the list is down to who has the power.

I'm curious if Usopp knows his father is with Shanks. I've never seen him mention anything about his family, although we did see Shanks mention Usopp to Yasopp, but I believe that was before Luffy had begun to form his crew. Usopp may not even know his father is part of Shanks crew, though Yasopp undoubtedly knows of Usopp's involvement (unless he is as dimwitted as Chopper or Usopp).

I'm also very curious about the 'Will of D.' All of the 'D's' running around make things very interesting (Dragon, Garp, Luffy, Teach)

Fishbulb13

[1372]Feb 20, 2013
    And of course Portgas D Ace, Portgas D Rouge, Gol D Roger, Jaguar D Saul.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Usopp knows his father is in Shanks' crew. At least, that's what it said on the wiki, so YMMV.

invisiblish

[1373]Feb 20, 2013
    I was just listing the living D's.

Current chapter is interesting, seems to hint at the idea that Aokiji resigned on purpose not because he lost a fight. I'm curious if his plan is to become part of the Underground while helping the Government.

I like seeing the bit about Apoo, Kid, and Hawkins. Hearing that the rookies are each taken out would be too boring and expected, but hearing that they are making waves is much more enticing.

Regarding DoFlamingo and his resignation... the phone was ringing but the last frame seemed to be someone else, unless DoFlamingo took his glasses off. I'd presume that Kaidou finally read the paper and went to get an immediate answer.

Fishbulb13

[1374]Apr 5, 2013

Hm, there's been a lot of setting up in recent chapters, but it finally seems like there will be some forward momentum in the coming weeks. Bellamy is alive, and Jesus Burgess is fighting in the coliseum (I wonder if he is sanctioned by Blackbeard or not, or whether that even matters). Judging from the tropes involved, Luffy will win his bracket, and Rebecca will win hers, but I hope that Oda will throw a twist or two in there. Cavendish and Bellamy will probably both end up fighting Luffy at some point. That leaves the question of who will be the winner of bracket B.

Edited on 04/05/2013 5:25pm

invisiblish

[1375]Apr 5, 2013
    Obviously I agree with Luffy and his bracket, especially with Cavendish and Bellamy.

Not sure about Rebecca, I'm wondering if Oda will use her to bring emphasis to Luffy on the seriousness of this battle. Ie. I wonder if Rebecca will be the 'sacrifice' for Luffy's sake.

invisiblish

[1376]May 8, 2013
    Bellamy or Bartolomeo? I highly doubt that both will be defeated and I'm leaning towards Bartolomeo since we have seen what Bellamy can do. I know Bartolomeo is an 'enemy' but he would be a fun addition to the crew. Another pervert for the crew wouldn't be surprising at all, especially someone like him.

Fishbulb13

[1377]May 23, 2013
    I guess we'd have to see how (if) Bartolomeo interacts with the rest of the crew. If they didn't have Chopper already, I would have expected the toy soldier guy to be asked to join.

I guess Bellamy will have to be involved in some other way in the plot now that he lost.

invisiblish

[1378]Jun 28, 2013
    I think Bellamy is done this Arc

Fishbulb13

[1379]Sep 4, 2013
    Even though I know that it's probably a trap and Ace's DF is a fake prize, I wonder if Luffy will let Rebecca win the tournament, or let her have the fruit if he wins.