Official Manga Discussion Thread (Major Spoilers)

saikoh

[141]May 5, 2006
    • level: 3

I love these countdowns. They're especially amusing in the anime.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NabeKid

[142]May 16, 2006
    • level: 5

the english translated 410 is up by the way.

I just figured I leave you with this pic for no reason. I know what ya thinking. That must be some gd fan-pic work. or is it?

Edited on 05/22/2006 5:45am

NabeKid

[143]May 22, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 05/22/2006 5:45am

CosmicDebris

[144]May 22, 2006
    • level: 11

That's not fanart. That's Oda's color spread from chapter 377. Anyone who reads the manga knows that.

Tranlated 411 is out too, in script form.

Edited on 05/22/2006 11:54am

Senshi274

[145]May 22, 2006
    411 was an entertaining chapter with some funny bits, especially Calipha mistaking Chopper for Nami with a Zoan. I wonder if the fight's over? Somehow, that seemed kind of easy. Oh, and it looks like Oda decided to put Sanji back in the picture! I guess others fearing that he'd be out for the rest of the arc like in Skypiea don't have to worry.

There are 2 things that Sanji can do now that he's back:
    -Bring Calipha's key to Zoro and Usopp if Nami's exausted from her fight
    -Go after Spandam and save Robin

LolAnime

[146]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    Woah... its KEWL when luffy get those new powers ,-_-;; lame taht  Horn guy Past'd out when he was gona show some thing "intresting"

neomaster121

[147]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 26

chapter 413 spoilers

seems like sanji will be fighting and not ussop also franky is heading towards robin

can't wait to see the whole chapter seems really good.

CosmicDebris

[148]Jun 1, 2006
    At AP, a bunch of people are freaking out because Usopp isn't fighting Jyabura. I never thought that seemed right anyway. I'm confident in Oda that he's going to have Usopp do something really awesome before the arc is over, so I'm not upset. The full chapter isn't even out, and there's no telling what's going to happen next.

neomaster121

[149]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 26
    Well i have seen lq raw of the chapter and it seems that usopp tried to fight back but he was just too much then sanji comes to save the day lol sanji really looks serious about taken down the wolf guy.

saikoh

[150]Jun 2, 2006

Wow, the Strawhats heading towards the Gate of Justice after the fights.

Can't wait to see where they'll go after this arc.

I'm slightly disappointed about Usopp not fighting Jabura,.

But I'm sure we'll see Usopp do some incredible stuff before the arc ends.

And I loved the Franky/Nami interaction. There's no way Franky won't join.

Edited on 06/02/2006 10:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

CosmicDebris

[151]Jun 2, 2006

neomaster121 wrote:
    Well i have seen lq raw of the chapter and it seems that usopp tried to fight back but he was just too much .

Actually, from the translation, it appears that Usopp just goofed with his weapon. Guess he doesn't have the hang of it yet. It's pretty damn amazing that he's STILL STANDING after the umteenth shigan he's gotten.

Yeah, I'll be pissed if Franky doesn't join now.

Stitch888486

[152]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 14

Chapter 414 left me thinking that;

1: Usopp's Kabuto may have the power needed to melt the cuffs that hold Nico Robin.

2: Usopp may use his Kabuto to wipe out the navy ships.

3: Usopp, using his Kabuto, is somehow able to neutralize the Buster Call.

Edited on 06/15/2006 3:35pm

CosmicDebris

[153]Jun 14, 2006

I'm amazed that you spelled Kabuto right yet you spelled Usopp wrong. XD

I doubt he'll melt Robin's handcuffs. I think that's near impossible, and how would Sanji have any idea that it would be possible?

It's a mystery at this point what he's going to do, I don't think it really has anything to do with Kabuto specifically, but something that Usopp can do that the others can't. This most likely refers to his marksmanship, but what he is going to do with it, I don't know. Maybe something to do with Buster Call, but that's assuming a lot.

Stitch888486

[154]Jun 15, 2006
    • level: 14

CosmicDebris: I'm amazed that you spelled Kabuto right yet you spelled Usopp wrong. XD

Sorry, I usually never have to spell Usopp, but my pardons for not checking it when I typed (I'll correct it now though).

CosmicDebris: I doubt he'll melt Robin's handcuffs. I think that's near impossible, and how would Sanji have any idea that it would be possible?

It was just a thought. The reason I thought this was because of Usopp's Hissatsu Faia Bâdo Sutâ/Sure-Kill Fire Bird Star. Considering this attack formed into what looked like a Pheonix, I thought that maybe he used dials (the straw-hat pirate all should know that the dials are powerful) as the bases for this attack. Sanji and the other straw hat pirates saw this attack. Anyway, it was just a thought.

CosmicDebris:  It's a mystery at this point what he's going to do, I don't think it really has anything to do with Kabuto specifically, but something that Usopp can do that the others can't.

I know it's a mystery at this point, what I listed was just my thoughts. It's not as if my thoughts will ever happen anyway.

CosmicDebris: This most likely refers to his marksmanship, but what he is going to do with it, I don't know. Maybe something to do with Buster Call, but that's assuming a lot.

If it refer's to his markmanship, as you've said, then wouldn't that mean he would most likely use his kabuto? It is his weapon of choice right now. I still think that his Kabuto encompasses dials in its design. It may be a long shot, but maybe the power of the dials may be able to match the power of the buster call. Unless, of course, there is another powerful weapon inside the naval base that can put a halt to the buster call. Then there is of course the possibility of Usopp using a multiple Hissatsu Faia Bâdo Sutâ/Sure-Kill Fire Bird Star attack, that may be able to use to attack the Navy ships(He attacked the World government flag, so why not attack the Navy ships?). Don't the Navy ships need to gather to emit the buster call? (Not to sure, that's why I'm asking.) Putting a halt to the ships by way of flames would be a logical idea. This could give the strawhat pirates some valuable minutes that they so desperately need. Anyway, these were just my thoughts, sorry my thoughts didn't make alot of sense. 

Edited on 06/15/2006 3:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.

CosmicDebris

[155]Jun 16, 2006

The quote tags are [ quote ] [ / quote ] (no spaces) ^^

Stitch888486 wrote:

If it refer's to his markmanship, as you've said, then wouldn't that mean he would most likely use his kabuto?

Yes, most likely, I was just pointing out that it has less to do with Kabuto and more to do with Usopp, though it would be silly if the weapon turned out to not be anything special. But who knows.

415 is out. Nice to see Sanji finally learn a new trick, though I'm not sure how he learned it. Pretty kick ass action choreography.

Edited on 06/15/2006 11:34pm

saikoh

[156]Jun 16, 2006

One Piece would become ridiculously bloated if there was an explanation for every new techique/move.

I like Sanji's new heated-leg technique. 

Sad to see my favorite CP9 agent going down, though.

CosmicDebris

[157]Jun 16, 2006
    I don't mean a detailed explaination for every move, just SOMETHING for these seemingly random "power-ups". Like what the heck is Luffy doing for these "Gears" and how did figure out how to do it.

NabeKid

[158]Jun 20, 2006

I dunno Gears Luffy has somehow gained the ability to "shift gears" into different forms during Enies Lobby.

Gear Second: Luffy and his attacks become much stronger and faster and he gains to ability to perform Soru. In appearence, the only changes are that steam emits from his body and his skin becomes shinier. There are many theories explaining how he achieved this, including VULCANIZATION, but an official explanation has yet to be given. He first used this against Blueno.

Gear Third: Though the form itself has yet to be seen, it can be used to launch a powerful attack. As an after effect, however, Luffy turns into a childlike form for several minutes that seems to be unable to perform attacks. He first used this to break through a gate blocking the hallway Spandam and Lucci carried Robin down, which was in the tower Kaku cut diagonally (causing the upper portion to slide downwards).

In the Enies Lobby arc, Sanji reveals a new ability- the power to set his shoes aflame by spinning rapidly in place (some fans think he got the idea from watching Wanze). The kicks used when his feet are ignighted all have the word Devile infrount of the food item (ex; Devile Flambe). The force of the kicks are actually powerful enough to break through Jyabura's tekkai; breaking his bones and even causing them to heat from contact

there is a whole lot of explained moves for these characters, and all of them are on wikipedia, thats why Im not bothering copying and pasting the whole list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece_abilities

Edited on 06/20/2006 4:22am
    Edited 3 total times.

Killaman345

[159]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 8
    Wow i just read the chapter 417 and Zolo has some new moves and some cool "legendary charactersitcs". Also giraffe dude(forget his name) said that one of his eyes had the Sanmeilokushiu no Kishin. Watever that is i only wonder.

saikoh

[160]Jul 1, 2006

Last two chapters were great. Loved the gags in 416 and the action  in the latest chapter.

Didn't expect Kaku and Jabura taken down so quickly.

But it's nice to see the Strawhats not struggle too much during their fights. Oda is probably saving the tougher battle for future arcs.

CosmicDebris wrote:
    I don't mean a detailed explaination for every move, just SOMETHING for these seemingly random "power-ups". Like what the heck is Luffy doing for these "Gears" and how did figure out how to do it.

I think the Gears will be explained eventually.

But I'm not expecting any explanations for "Diable Jump". And I don't think they're necessary.

Seems to me like Zoro, Sanji and Luffy just make up new moves on the spot as they learn to adapt to their opponent's fighting style.

Never cared too much about this stuff anyway.

Edited on 06/30/2006 11:57pm