One Piece Episode of Alabasta:Dessert Princess and the Pirates Discussion Thread

Matt_Purosky

[61]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 25

furubalove7 wrote:
    OMG!!!!!!!!!! The moviejust arrived!!!!!!!!!! holy crap i'm excited! but i made plans to watch it w/ friends on march 1st. those will definately have to be rearranged. should i watch it now or wait till i watch it w/ them?

I say both. I bet it's got some good rewatch value, especially if you're with friends.

Edited on 02/20/2008 4:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

furubalove7

[62]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 11

Help please

K, so i was looking for a good summary of the Alabasta Arc(basically the movie) so my friends(who just started watching it recently w/ the new funi dub and another who's only seen seen like 2 episodes at all) arent' completely confused when they watch the movie w/ me. But the only ones i can find basically tell everything that happens and i don't them to be spoiled.

I'd luv it and be really thankful if someone could write/help me write, a little plot summary of it so they kno wats going on but won't be completely spoiled.

alex4319

[63]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    furubalove7 wrote:

Help please

K, so i was looking for a good summary of the Alabasta Arc(basically the movie) so my friends(who just started watching it recently w/ the new funi dub and another who's only seen seen like 2 episodes at all) arent' completely confused when they watch the movie w/ me. But the only ones i can find basically tell everything that happens and i don't them to be spoiled.

I'd luv it and be really thankful if someone could write/help me write, a little plot summary of it so they kno wats going on but won't be completely spoiled.

This is my point and one of the reasons this movie was bad (In my opinion) any one who had not read/watch the original Alabasta or a person who does not like One piece in general wouldn"t even get whats going on. this move is incohesive , Toei should have reworked the plot and changed the story a little .

laschma

[64]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 3

that dosnet tell me anything...I havent heard about them.

Then again im not that into eng dub

laschma

[65]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 3

Wtf??

I was replying to " You havent heard the news huh? Funimation har the rights to One Piece now, and are currently dubbing them"

I hate this site

Matt_Purosky

[66]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 25
    The dub you hated was probably the 4Kids dub, which wasn't true to the original and had voices many people despised. The FUNimation dub has a new voice cast and is more true to the original. Give it a chance, you may like it.

Death-T

[67]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 6
    laschma wrote:

Wtf??

I was replying to " You havent heard the news huh? Funimation har the rights to One Piece now, and are currently dubbing them"

I hate this site

It's not the sites fault. You're just a noob who couldn't realize that you were reading an old page on this thread. FUNimation Entertainment is a dubbing company that provides many excellent dubs, and One Piece is now one of them.

furubalove7

[68]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 11

ok, so i gave in and watched it. Caitlin Glass was an awesome vivi. And i had a tiny spazz attack when Chopper said "Damn You Bastards" it made me smile awkwardly XD.

I liked the new voice cast.

Shadowflame291

[69]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    furubalove7 wrote:

ok, so i gave in and watched it. Caitlin Glass was an awesome vivi. And i had a tiny spazz attack when Chopper said "Damn You Bastards" it made me smile awkwardly XD.

I liked the new voice cast.

I honestly cracked up at Chopper cursing.

Edited on 02/21/2008 5:31pm

Smoker25

[70]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 15
    I was very skeptic about how Winry's voice would work as Vivi's... But I must say its better than perfect. every ounce of emotion in her voice, everything, a joy to watch/listen to her voice come out of vivi's mouth... Crocodile's voice is even better than 4kids... All these voices are amazing, and most of them pinned the emotion perfectly. Funimation dubbed this film PERFECTTTTTLY in my opinion. The actual film on the other hand...is a different story. It wasnt horrible, but Toei could have done a better job. They cut out alot of storyline. I was VERY disappointed raindinners wasnt in there (they couldve had enough time for it...make the move 120 min instead of 90) and Smoker was also absent. They probably shouldve showed what happened with Mr. 2 and Robin. And, even though they were obviously trying to make the storyline understandable to nonOnePiece watchers, it wasnt at all. Its hard to tell such a big story in such little time...

Argh, but it was a great movie, and even though it was about Vivi and Luffy wasnt in about 40 minutes of it, Vivi's voice actress made her a joy to watch, so believable...PERFECT.

anthonykomonski

[71]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 34
    Death-T wrote:
    laschma wrote:

Wtf??

I hate this site

It's not the sites fault. You're just a noob who couldn't realize that you were reading an old page on this thread. FUNimation Entertainment is a dubbing company that provides many excellent dubs, and One Piece is now one of them.

Definitely. FUNimation is the best dubbing company ever, and you just can't see that, laschma.
    Edited on 02/23/2008 6:11am

C0mputerboy

[72]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    FUNimation added a videos page to the movie site with a few clips from the movie.

anthonykomonski

[73]Mar 11, 2008
    BTW guys, I finally managed to get the One Piece movie, however, it'll be coming through the mail, and its been 2 days already, so I might be getting it in between tomorrow and Friday.
    Edited on 03/11/2008 12:26pm

tvmasterdoodles

[74]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 30
    OMG! first english view of Jaguar D. Saul!

I got the Movie off Amazon too! and I loved it! I just finished watching it! all the voices were perfect! they could've made it 120 minutes though for raindinners so Mr. 3 would show up I'd like to hear him under Funi! same with DJango because the marines weren't involved here, but I also did crack up when Nami got Usopp ion the balls! and when chopper was cussing!

anthonykomonski

[75]Mar 21, 2008
    tvmasterdoodles wrote:
    OMG! first english view of Jaguar D. Saul!

I got the Movie off Amazon too! and I loved it! I just finished watching it! all the voices were perfect! they could've made it 120 minutes though for raindinners so Mr. 3 would show up I'd like to hear him under Funi! same with DJango because the marines weren't involved here, but I also did crack up when Nami got Usopp ion the balls! and when chopper was cussing!

True. I do wish they'd make the movie longer. It would definitely be better to cover a 60+ episode story.

anti4kids2000

[76]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    I JUST GOT THE MOVIE!!!!

DBZfan_4_evr_7

[77]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 9

anti4kids2000 wrote:
    I JUST GOT THE MOVIE!!!!

hey do u mind telling me whre u got itand howmuch it costs, cuz i dont want to spend the money of the ratil price.

oh and i love the screen name lol (Die 4Kids)

Death-T

[78]Mar 30, 2008
    It's only 15-20$. I must say you're pretty cheap if you don't want to pay that.

DBZfan_4_evr_7

[79]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 9

Death-T wrote:
    It's only 15-20$. I must say you're pretty cheap if you don't want to pay that.

yea, i actually am pretty cheap, lol but i would imagine the retail price to be higher for an uncut DVD, even if its a movie. Id imagine like $30,but but where can I buy it?

Death-T

[80]Mar 31, 2008
    You can get it at Best Buy.