One Piece Episode of Alabasta:Dessert Princess and the Pirates Discussion Thread

Mitsarugii

[81]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 6
    I bought the movie; so am I going to be completely lost or what? In the manga (on volume 7) I haven't even seen Chopper or Brooke, and I know they're in the movie, so will it be extremely confusing to me? ah well I'll still enjoy it anyways.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Matt_Purosky

[82]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 25
    Brooke is not in the movie.

Mitsarugii

[83]Apr 7, 2008

Matt_Purosky wrote:
    Brooke is not in the movie.

oh, okay sorry. I know chopper is cause I saw the preview, must have got confused.

but you still didn't answer my question lol.

MB9456

[84]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    Volume 7/ Chopper doesn't appear until the Drum Island arc and that's in Volume 15.

For someone who hasn't seen the Alabasta arc, watching Movie 8 will get confusing for you since their putting one big arc into a 90 minute movie.

Mitsarugii

[85]Apr 10, 2008

I really enjoyed the movie! I didn't understand everything going on but I still enjoyed it.

My favorite line was when they were on the crab, and they were asking if the crab could go any faster, then Chopper said "he likes dancers" then Nami took off her coat, and yeah boobs, but then Usopp yelled "PERVERT POWERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahahaha, very awesome and funny movie.

Matt_Purosky

[86]Apr 11, 2008
    Mitsarugii wrote:

I really enjoyed the movie! I didn't understand everything going on but I still enjoyed it.

My favorite line was when they were on the crab, and they were asking if the crab could go any faster, then Chopper said "he likes dancers" then Nami took off her coat, and yeah boobs, but then Usopp yelled "PERVERT POWERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahahaha, very awesome and funny movie.

That line reminded me of Scrappy-Doo xDDD

warnerbroman

[87]May 11, 2008
    • level: 15
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited.

Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>

Matt_Purosky

[88]May 11, 2008

warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>

Well, CN is still CN, and they did air the 4Kids version and our edited FUNi version, so they'd have to still edit some stuff and change the names and whatnot... darn Australians, getting the good stuff... I wonder if DigiPokeMon will rip this, C-W doesn't always get movies... well stay tuned to my MattyZoloRiven account on that one site for updates on this, because I can't talk much about it here...

shinigamikid

[89]May 11, 2008
    • level: 32
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited.

Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

Matt_Purosky

[90]May 14, 2008

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

HighlighterHaze

[91]May 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

Matt_Purosky

[92]May 14, 2008
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

Yeah, and a better way for people to get used to it would be if they ADVERTISED THE NEW DUB! I mean, I understand that the TV listings and the network view both dubs as the same show, and they didn't advertise the new Pokémon and DBZ dubs, but they kept the same terminology.

Unless this is also just FUNi's incentive to buy the uncut DVDs xDDD

Death-T

[93]May 14, 2008
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

HighlighterHaze

[94]May 14, 2008
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

MB9456

[95]May 14, 2008
    • level: 9
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

Death-T knows what he's talking about... -_-

The 4kids dub has been on longer than the Funi dub, and it would be a bit inconsistent to for Zoro to be referred in his original name since for 3 years he's been called "zolo".

Personally, if there's one thing i'd want Funi to do is to add in the original Skypiea terms in the dub and stick it to Toei and that's all.

Death-T

[96]May 14, 2008
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

Edited on 05/14/2008 5:45pm

Matt_Purosky

[97]May 14, 2008

MB and Death-T pretty much said all I was going to say, and yeah, I agree about the Skypiea terms as well. Generally I don't care about name changes, but some of the Skypiea ones just baffle me.

Anyway, as we were saying before, CN Australia uses the same dub, so if they do air Movie 8, I think they're going to stay consistent with the terminology for those same reasons.

HighlighterHaze

[98]May 14, 2008
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.
    Edited on 05/15/2008 3:03pm

shinigamikid

[99]May 15, 2008
    • level: 32
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about his name. I think they should leave it like that.

warnerbroman

[100]May 15, 2008
    • level: 15
    well I saw it on youtube skipped alot but it was good