One Piece Episode of Alabasta:Dessert Princess and the Pirates Discussion Thread

  • Avatar of Death-T

    Death-T

    [101]May 17, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 802
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    Edited on 05/17/2008 7:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Matt_Purosky

    Matt_Purosky

    [102]May 17, 2008
    • member since: 01/02/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,784
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    Nice one, Death-T! I couldn't've said it any better myself.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HighlighterHaze

    HighlighterHaze

    [103]May 18, 2008
    • member since: 03/08/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,619
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.



    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of red_baller507

    red_baller507

    [104]May 18, 2008
    • member since: 09/30/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 37
    after reading this thread, it just occured to me that many one piece characters are being locked up, ex) crocodile, ace, arlong, etc. this is just a speculation, but since kuro is still out there, maybe he would use his genius to break out some of the bad guys. in recent anime episodes, luffy heard about ace being locked up and is maybe going to help him. imagine: a large breakout at impel down (dont know how to spell it) featuring your favorite villans and the strawhats, who would possibly (grugingly) join forces to end the tyrical reign of the world goverment, who is trying to wipe out the pirates. the shichibukai and 4 emperors help the world goverment and a giant war breaks loose, lead by luffy and the gang. of course, this is just a theory...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Matt_Purosky

    Matt_Purosky

    [105]May 18, 2008
    • member since: 01/02/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,784

    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    I'm a fanboy.

    *continues to ponder that definition, and wonder if it makes me one, and how it would*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Death-T

    Death-T

    [106]May 18, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 802
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HighlighterHaze

    HighlighterHaze

    [107]May 18, 2008
    • member since: 03/08/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,619
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.



    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FatefulDeath

    FatefulDeath

    [109]May 18, 2008
    • member since: 05/06/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 53
    I seem to remember another dub, called Yu-gi-oh. In there they called the Pharaoh "Yami" because it seemed he was the Dark side of Yugi. Then they drop the name for no reason, and just called him The Pharaoh instead. They should have just stuck with one name, and not drop it. But they did anyways, and it was just fine. Now this was on an even more broadcast station, so it was avalible to alot more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Matt_Purosky

    Matt_Purosky

    [110]May 18, 2008
    • member since: 01/02/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,784

    FatefulDeath wrote:
    I seem to remember another dub, called Yu-gi-oh. In there they called the Pharaoh "Yami" because it seemed he was the Dark side of Yugi. Then they drop the name for no reason, and just called him The Pharaoh instead. They should have just stuck with one name, and not drop it. But they did anyways, and it was just fine. Now this was on an even more broadcast station, so it was avalible to alot more.

    That's because 4Kids is very inconsisent with stuff. In Pokémon, there was a character Ash battled in the Johto League named Jackson. He later appeared in a Pokémon Chronicles episode, somehow donning the name Vincent.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Death-T

    Death-T

    [111]May 19, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 802
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.

    It wasn't just your blatantly calling yourself a fanboy that made me decide you weren't worth arguing with. It's the incomprehensible idiocy of your arguement that has me convinced that you're a joke. Whether or not you think of yourself as a fanboy is none of my concern. You are a fanboy and your lack of intelligence proves it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Death-T

    Death-T

    [112]May 19, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 802

    FatefulDeath wrote:
    I seem to remember another dub, called Yu-gi-oh. In there they called the Pharaoh "Yami" because it seemed he was the Dark side of Yugi. Then they drop the name for no reason, and just called him The Pharaoh instead. They should have just stuck with one name, and not drop it. But they did anyways, and it was just fine. Now this was on an even more broadcast station, so it was avalible to alot more.

    Well, they started calling him the Pharaoh sometime during the Battle City arc. That was when everyone started to learn about his once being a pharaoh. Ishizu called him the pharaoh, almost all of the antagonist called him the Pharaoh because that's what they thought of him as. So there's really not much wrong not calling him Yami Yugi anymore. They didn't actually call him Yami that much any way. Besides, his real name still wasn't established at the time. They're both just nicknames. I'm not trying to defend 4K!Ds in anyway. But it's not the same as what we're talking about with One Piece.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HighlighterHaze

    HighlighterHaze

    [113]May 19, 2008
    • member since: 03/08/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,619
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.

    It wasn't just your blatantly calling yourself a fanboy that made me decide you weren't worth arguing with. It's the incomprehensible idiocy of your arguement that has me convinced that you're a joke. Whether or not you think of yourself as a fanboy is none of my concern. You are a fanboy and your lack of intelligence proves it.



    Or maybe its your ignorance? You decide not to state actual facts but instead decide to ignore the argument itself. That honestly shows that you don't know what you are talking about.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Death-T

    Death-T

    [114]May 19, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 802
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.

    It wasn't just your blatantly calling yourself a fanboy that made me decide you weren't worth arguing with. It's the incomprehensible idiocy of your arguement that has me convinced that you're a joke. Whether or not you think of yourself as a fanboy is none of my concern. You are a fanboy and your lack of intelligence proves it.

    Or maybe its your ignorance? You decide not to state actual facts but instead decide to ignore the argument itself. That honestly shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

    I've never once decided to ignore your arguement. I've reponded to your arguement in every possible way. Your only arguement is "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story". What is there left to argue about with someone who can only say this to combat my arguement? I've already said everything that is needed to be said. I can accept that your opinion is different from my own. I would like the original names to be kept to. But it's obvious why it's in the best interest of Cartoon Network to keep using the 4K!Ds names and terminology for the broadcast version. You've no decent arguement against their reasonings. You'll just have to accept it and move on. I obviously do know what I'm talking about.

    If "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story" are arguements that you actually think I should take seriously, then you can just talk to yourself. I no longer care to argue with a stubborn fanboy, nor do I give half a sh*t about what you say afterwards. Even though they would also prefer for the original names to be used, most would agree that I am the one who knows what the hell they're talking about right now. You can turn my logic around and say that I am ignoring your arguements all you want. It's obvious to the intelligent people here who is right.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HighlighterHaze

    HighlighterHaze

    [115]May 19, 2008
    • member since: 03/08/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,619
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.

    It wasn't just your blatantly calling yourself a fanboy that made me decide you weren't worth arguing with. It's the incomprehensible idiocy of your arguement that has me convinced that you're a joke. Whether or not you think of yourself as a fanboy is none of my concern. You are a fanboy and your lack of intelligence proves it.

    Or maybe its your ignorance? You decide not to state actual facts but instead decide to ignore the argument itself. That honestly shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

    I've never once decided to ignore your arguement. I've reponded to your arguement in every possible way. Your only arguement is "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story". What is there left to argue about with someone who can only say this to combat my arguement? I've already said everything that is needed to be said. I can accept that your opinion is different from my own. I would like the original names to be kept to. But it's obvious why it's in the best interest of Cartoon Network to keep using the 4K!Ds names and terminology for the broadcast version. You've no decent arguement against their reasonings. You'll just have to accept it and move on. I obviously do know what I'm talking about.

    If "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story" are arguements that you actually think I should take seriously, then you can just talk to yourself. I no longer care to argue with a stubborn fanboy, nor do I give half a sh*t about what you say afterwards. Even though they would also prefer for the original names to be used, most would agree that I am the one who knows what the hell they're talking about right now. You can turn my logic around and say that I am ignoring your arguements all you want. It's obvious to the intelligent people here who is right.



    Maybe you should take them seriously? It would show that you are not so ignorant. Also you are completely ignorant if you think I am a fanboy. You obviously don't know what a fanboy is. If anything I would be an elitist to the sub. Which isn't even true since I like both versions.
    Edited on 05/19/2008 12:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Matt_Purosky

    Matt_Purosky

    [116]May 19, 2008
    • member since: 01/02/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,784

    Okay... I just have one question...

    How do you two define "fanboy"? I've just been pondering this, along with a few questions about fanboyism.

    1. Would you guys consider me a fanboy, of the things I constantly bring up? (such as The Simpsons, Homestar Runner, Pokémon, Tsubasa Chronicle [and CLAMP works in general, like Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth], SpongeBob SquarePants, Magical DoReMi, Winx Club, High School Musical, etc.) I heard from some people that it does make me a fanboy, but a nice kind of fanboy who is just simply obsessed with them and has no apparent negative qualities, and even constantly ask "Are my references getting annoying?" "Should I stop?" like with the "Imagination" thing. but another thing that might prevent me from being a fanboy would be I never really try to defend them when they are badmouthed (and if constantly bringing them up makes me a fanboy, then technically I'd be a Dora the Explorer fanboy for my constant "Wyper, no wiping!" jokes, even though I don't even like Dora).

    2. Which of these is a fanboy trait...

    a. Defending your favorite thing at all costs, regardless of criticism, even if it's just a basic opinion like "I don't like SpongeBob, it's too goofy" or "High School Musical is too happy for my tastes" or "I'm not a fan of Winx Club, it's too girly for me". When people say things like this, generally I don't argue with them. If they think that, then so be it. It's their opinion, I respect it, and it's not ignorant. I never bring it up again, and if they do, I just ignore it, unless it goes too far, but I'll get to that later.

    b. Only defending them when they are more deeply criticized, like impacting lives such as "SpongeBob makes kids want to hit each other and call each other names and sing about bombs and stuff!" or "High School Musical teaches the kids the world is a happy place because there's no violence!" or "Winx Club makes supermodels jealous!" I will defend this sometimes, if I can actually think of a way to defend it like the HSM thing, though sometimes things people say are just stupid and not worth my time, like the part about SpongeBob, or something incredibly disturbing I'd rather not discuss, like the comment about Winx.

    c. Only defending things you like when insulted about them, or when the insult makes no sense or questioning it, or seems completely ignorant, like "SPONGEBOB IS GAY or "WINX CLUB IS ABOUT SEX!" (Though "Spongebob is gay can be taken two ways, someone could be calling the show a stupid show, misusing the term gay or calling the character SpongeBob a homosexual. Again, I don't mind if people think SpongeBob is a stupid show, but when they misuse the term gay it's somewhat irky to me, and I'd really like to know what makes the character SpongeBob a homosexual. However, regardless of the conversation, when someone says gay in a way that doesn't sound like it means "homosexual", I will point out what gay really means and mention that I don't like when that term is misused. And again, I do not want to get into sexual discussions involving a kids show like Winx Club, but sometimes, when they say it like that, I will just toss them a Picard face and explain that it's a kids show and kids shows aren't about sex and wonder if they ever even watched it/read anything about it before making that ignorant statement.) But when people make comments like "HUR HUR UR GAY CUZ U LIKE SPONGEBOB" or "UR AN 18 YRS OLD WHO LIKES WINX, UR A PEDOPHILE!" first I'll question exactly how liking SpongeBob makes me gay or how liking Winx makes me a pedophile, and then listen to their side, and then either explain if I can, or toss them a Picard face, or just continue arguing just to laugh at them xDDD

    So... would any of that make me a fanboy?

    Well, that's not one question... I just want to hear both sides of what a fanboy is.

    Edited on 05/19/2008 9:58pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Death-T

    Death-T

    [117]May 20, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 802
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.

    It wasn't just your blatantly calling yourself a fanboy that made me decide you weren't worth arguing with. It's the incomprehensible idiocy of your arguement that has me convinced that you're a joke. Whether or not you think of yourself as a fanboy is none of my concern. You are a fanboy and your lack of intelligence proves it.

    Or maybe its your ignorance? You decide not to state actual facts but instead decide to ignore the argument itself. That honestly shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

    I've never once decided to ignore your arguement. I've reponded to your argue"ment in every possible way. Your only arguement is "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story". What is there left to argue about with someone who can only say this to combat my arguement? I've already said everything that is needed to be said. I can accept that your opinion is different from my own. I would like the original names to be kept to. But it's obvious why it's in the best interest of Cartoon Network to keep using the 4K!Ds names and terminology for the broadcast version. You've no decent arguement against their reasonings. You'll just have to accept it and move on. I obviously do know what I'm talking about.

    If "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story" are arguements that you actually think I should take seriously, then you can just talk to yourself. I no longer care to argue with a stubborn fanboy, nor do I give half a sh*t about what you say afterwards. Even though they would also prefer for the original names to be used, most would agree that I am the one who knows what the hell they're talking about right now. You can turn my logic around and say that I am ignoring your arguements all you want. It's obvious to the intelligent people here who is right.

    Maybe you should take them seriously? It would show that you are not so ignorant. Also you are completely ignorant if you think I am a fanboy. You obviously don't know what a fanboy is. If anything I would be an elitist to the sub. Which isn't even true since I like both versions.

    If you can't even begin to comprehend why I can't take arguements such as "they'll get used to it" and "main character name consistency is of absolutely no importance to a story" seriously, then you're obviously arguing with the wrong person. Who're you to call me ignorant because of that ? I thought that you would try to combat my claim regarding your arguement, but... You're just awknowledging those as your actual arguement. You are really quite pathetic if you don't understand the simplicity of what I'm saying, and how ignorant your arguement is. You're just an insult to my intelligence. If you want to argue with me, then take me seriously.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Death-T

    Death-T

    [119]May 20, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 802
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.

    It wasn't just your blatantly calling yourself a fanboy that made me decide you weren't worth arguing with. It's the incomprehensible idiocy of your arguement that has me convinced that you're a joke. Whether or not you think of yourself as a fanboy is none of my concern. You are a fanboy and your lack of intelligence proves it.

    Or maybe its your ignorance? You decide not to state actual facts but instead decide to ignore the argument itself. That honestly shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

    I've never once decided to ignore your arguement. I've reponded to your argue"ment in every possible way. Your only arguement is "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story". What is there left to argue about with someone who can only say this to combat my arguement? I've already said everything that is needed to be said. I can accept that your opinion is different from my own. I would like the original names to be kept to. But it's obvious why it's in the best interest of Cartoon Network to keep using the 4K!Ds names and terminology for the broadcast version. You've no decent arguement against their reasonings. You'll just have to accept it and move on. I obviously do know what I'm talking about.

    If "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story" are arguements that you actually think I should take seriously, then you can just talk to yourself. I no longer care to argue with a stubborn fanboy, nor do I give half a sh*t about what you say afterwards. Even though they would also prefer for the original names to be used, most would agree that I am the one who knows what the hell they're talking about right now. You can turn my logic around and say that I am ignoring your arguements all you want. It's obvious to the intelligent people here who is right.

    Maybe you should take them seriously? It would show that you are not so ignorant. Also you are completely ignorant if you think I am a fanboy. You obviously don't know what a fanboy is. If anything I would be an elitist to the sub. Which isn't even true since I like both versions.

    If you can't even begin to comprehend why I can't take arguements such as "they'll get used to it" and "main character name consistency is of absolutely no importance to a story" seriously, then you're obviously arguing with the wrong person. Who're you to call me ignorant because of that ? I thought that you would try to combat my claim regarding your arguement, but... You're just awknowledging those as your actual arguement. You are really quite pathetic if you don't understand the simplicity of what I'm saying, and how ignorant your arguement is. You're just an insult to my intelligence. If you want to argue with me, then take me seriously.

    You have intelligence?

    ...Well, it would seem you've nothing else to say. Good day to you sir.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HighlighterHaze

    HighlighterHaze

    [120]May 20, 2008
    • member since: 03/08/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,619
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Death-T wrote:
    HighlighterHaze wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

    shinigamikid wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    CN Australia will be airing the Alabasta movie. I wonder how edited it will be... if it's even edited. Well, at least it'll air on one CN... >_>
    Lucky them. I bet they just edit out the profanity and blood.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, CN thinks it would be confusing for someone who's seen the 4Kids dub over a hundred consecutive times and seen a character who has been consistently referred to as Zolo for him to suddenly be referred to as Zoro (*gasp* I said Zoro again!), so they might have the name changes too... and the 4Kids dub aired on CN Australia, as well as the version of the edited FUNi dub with "Zolo" as well... however, there actually is a chance they may just edit his name.

    Obviously thats a stupid way of thinking. They would get use to it. Corporations are almost always stupid.

    Um, that is not stupid reasoning at all. You're just whining because you want the original names on TV. Basic consistency is something CN should want on their broadcast. It would be very unprofessional otherwise.

    Actually its not unprofessional at all. You honestly don't know what you are talking about.

    Wow. just wow. If you're going to try and argue with me, then actually support your claims. For a TV network to air 100+ episodes of a show and then abruptly change main character names and terminology is just blatant inconsistency. Allowing that simply wouldn't be a good move. Even disregarding the issue of consistency, Cartoon Network is still obliged to to use certain names such as Zolo because of Shueisha demands. The exception to that are home video merchendise such as video games and uncut DVDs. You forget that FUNimation was lucky to even be able to do that.

    Your response isn't even an arguement. All you did was simply further insist that you were right with no actual support for your arguement. You're really no different from bryanoftoons in that respect. And honestly, that was one of the most annoying things about him. Don't say that I don't know what I'm talking about unless you can tell me why.

    It doesn't matter if it would be inconsistent. Everybody would get use to it and it wouldn't go against Oda's wishes to change names that he created. The mangaka is always more important than what some corporation wants.

    What you are, is an unreasonable fanboy.

    In this case, and in most, consistency does matter and for obvious reasons for a television network. If "everyone would get used to it" is the best arguement you have, then it would be best for you to just keep it all to yourself.

    If it comes to what the author wants, he likely doesn't mind. He doesn't have the time nor the energy to be pissed about what a few of his characters are called in some foreign adaptation of the One Piece anime. He is probably a very reasonable person and very understandable of the companies wishses. He's not going to complain and argue about the same crap that you unreasonable fanboys do. Regardless, Eichiro Oda doesn't have any 'say' on the subject, and has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. Only Toei, Cartoon Network, and Shuiesha have any say on that.

    You're desperate and resort to unreasonable arguements. In short, you're obviously not very intelligent. I know what you're going to say. "The author is the most important part of One Piece, he is just as unreasonable as I am and longs for the names to be reverted to the original on the TV broadcast, the companies are disrespecting his wishes, and that you obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about."

    I've heard the same crap from you and many other people before. So please, don't waste your time.

    You haven't even given any real evidence how consistency in names actually matters. So what if a few kids get confused? Show real evidence that it actually matters. I'm a fanboy.

    *Sighs* You could've just said that to begin with. Then I would've already known that you weren't worth arguing with. Even though I really already had the feeling that you weren't. Whatever, thanks for wasting my time.

    I didn't actually say I was a fanboy. I'm laughing at the fact you called me one.

    It wasn't just your blatantly calling yourself a fanboy that made me decide you weren't worth arguing with. It's the incomprehensible idiocy of your arguement that has me convinced that you're a joke. Whether or not you think of yourself as a fanboy is none of my concern. You are a fanboy and your lack of intelligence proves it.

    Or maybe its your ignorance? You decide not to state actual facts but instead decide to ignore the argument itself. That honestly shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

    I've never once decided to ignore your arguement. I've reponded to your argue"ment in every possible way. Your only arguement is "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story". What is there left to argue about with someone who can only say this to combat my arguement? I've already said everything that is needed to be said. I can accept that your opinion is different from my own. I would like the original names to be kept to. But it's obvious why it's in the best interest of Cartoon Network to keep using the 4K!Ds names and terminology for the broadcast version. You've no decent arguement against their reasonings. You'll just have to accept it and move on. I obviously do know what I'm talking about.

    If "they'll get used to it", and "basic consistency in major character names isn't important at all in a story" are arguements that you actually think I should take seriously, then you can just talk to yourself. I no longer care to argue with a stubborn fanboy, nor do I give half a sh*t about what you say afterwards. Even though they would also prefer for the original names to be used, most would agree that I am the one who knows what the hell they're talking about right now. You can turn my logic around and say that I am ignoring your arguements all you want. It's obvious to the intelligent people here who is right.

    Maybe you should take them seriously? It would show that you are not so ignorant. Also you are completely ignorant if you think I am a fanboy. You obviously don't know what a fanboy is. If anything I would be an elitist to the sub. Which isn't even true since I like both versions.

    If you can't even begin to comprehend why I can't take arguements such as "they'll get used to it" and "main character name consistency is of absolutely no importance to a story" seriously, then you're obviously arguing with the wrong person. Who're you to call me ignorant because of that ? I thought that you would try to combat my claim regarding your arguement, but... You're just awknowledging those as your actual arguement. You are really quite pathetic if you don't understand the simplicity of what I'm saying, and how ignorant your arguement is. You're just an insult to my intelligence. If you want to argue with me, then take me seriously.

    You have intelligence?

    ...Well, it would seem you've nothing else to say. Good day to you sir.



    Actually I just resorted to what you did. By trying to insult me it shows how much of a kid you are. You remind me of a guy I used to know named Bill. Either you are him or his younger brother. You are honestly pathetic if you think insults make you look intelligent.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.