One Piece Episode of Alabasta:Dessert Princess and the Pirates Discussion Thread

Matt_Purosky

[141]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 25

silvdude wrote:
    in our culture it would not be considered a kids show with our standard. I downloaded, it what did the box say it was rated? stuff like spengebob and scooy doo has the most cheessy violence ever. in japen everything is bloddy so the fact that this show has a kiddy storyline makes it for kids here. if it was uncut it would not be for kids cause I never seen a kids show with blood in it.

Yeah, trust me, you don't want to go there. Just ignore them. In fact, something like this just happened to me last night.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Death-T

[142]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 6

oaklandajj wrote:
    Did u see wat happened to one piece on toonami. they replaced it with that stuped dragon ball z rip off blue dragon

Well, Akira Toriyama(creator of DragonBall Z) largly worked on it. So it's not a "ripoff" by any means. It's just a story made to his styl e.

Oh. and I have seen a kids show with blood in it. Hell, Naruto is a kids show here and it's practically uncut. But really, blood doesn't make it an adults show. As for me, if it's considered a kids show in Japan, then I consider it a kids show no matter where I watch it. It has a rating here of TV-14, but that's only because they have to label it that way to put it on DVD uncensored. You're right. most adults won't consider this show a kids show. But don't say something like "then my clas smates will know that it's not meant for the kiddies" when it clearly is in it's country of origin.

Edited on 06/01/2008 2:46pm

shinigamikid

[143]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 32
    silvdude wrote:
    yeah they probally will. oh and btw in enlgish class our final project is an oral movie presation with a scene included I chose one piece movie 8 eng dubbed of corse and chose the scene where luffy fights croc this will finally prove those ignorant school critics that one piece was not meant to be kiddy.
    That's cool! I really wamt to see that .

Yeah, they called kiddies...-_-...Has a matter fact, they called cartoon/anime are babies and crap.

silvdude

[144]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    well the presatation is coming up in less then 3 hours so yeah everyone in my english class said they are looking forward to mine it will probally be the best one cause I am quite popular at my school so there think mine will be good this a hit or miss they ether love it or hate it no so so wish me luck.

shinigamikid

[145]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 32
    silvdude wrote:
    well the presatation is coming up in less then 3 hours so yeah everyone in my english class said they are looking forward to mine it will probally be the best one cause I am quite popular at my school so there think mine will be good this a hit or miss they ether love it or hate it no so so wish me luck.
    Nah, they like it. The fight its great afterall.

Matt_Purosky

[146]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 25

Well, like I've said before, some people will just call any animated series, regardless of content, a "kiddie cartoon", even if they watch The Simpsons or Family Guy.

But they're really the ones who are the "kiddies" because they judge things like that before they try it. I mean, I actually thought that Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was a baby show that should be on PBS Kids or Nick Jr. before it aired because the previews reminded me of something out of Goldenbooks, Sesame Street, Dr. Seuss, etc. Granted, Foster's IS a kids show, but it's not at the level of PBS Kids or Nick Jr. like I thought.

My motto... try it before you badmouth it. You won't believe how many grownups I know like SpongeBob SquarePants...

silvdude

[147]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    well mr.olison was not there and the suply mr.hawkins went to use the photocopior and did not come back after 20 minutes so was just figured he dipped and called it a spare so the presatation is today hopefully.