The Revolutionaries, not a power?

ZaleIsBackAgain

[1]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 47
    This is something I've always wondered about. The three great powers in the world are the Marines, the Shichibukai, and the Yonkou. I forget when it was said but the Revolutionaries have control of around 25% of the world. Would this not make them a power themselves? I'm pretty sure Dragon is on equal footing with the Shichibukai, the Yonkou, and the three Admirals, and we've seen how strong one of his generals is in the latest chapters.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fishbulb13

[2]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 16
    I'm sure the World Government just doesn't want to acknowledge the Revolutionary army as a power.

lighting_blond

[3]Aug 10, 2009
    • level: 24
    I think your right.

ZaleIsBackAgain

[4]Aug 11, 2009
    Man this board is dead, I was hoping that this topic would have generated some discussion as it's a pretty interesting subject.

ringleader2k

[5]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 3
    the revolutionaries are a force to be reckoned with
    dragon's abilites will be truly powerful no doubt

shadowkombat

[6]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 5
    not much is known about them right? so its hard to talk about em

ZaleIsBackAgain

[7]Feb 22, 2010
    shadowkombat wrote:
    not much is known about them right? so its hard to talk about em

I forget what chapter but I do remember the government saying that they controlled 25% of the world. No matter how little we know of them, it's interesting how an organization that controls a good chunk of the world isn't recognized as a power...unless there's a good reason behind it, which is what I was hoping to discuss with the creation of this topic.

Fishbulb13

[8]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 16
    The simple answer is that the World Government doesn't want to acknowledge the Revolutionaries as a power, or as a threat to their rule.

GoHaN_Buu

[9]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 11
    The Shichibukais are a joke, besides Doflamingo who have potential they all suck pretty hard and Mihawk is just hyped up for no reason at all besides to anticipate his fight with Zoro

My opinion : The 3 admirals solo Shichibukai
    Edited on 06/29/2010 11:03pm

ZaleIsBackAgain

[10]Jul 5, 2010
    GoHaN_Buu wrote:
    The Shichibukais are a joke, besides Doflamingo who have potential they all suck pretty hard and Mihawk is just hyped up for no reason at all besides to anticipate his fight with Zoro

My opinion : The 3 admirals solo Shichibukai

Eh I dunno, though it does seems like the Shichibukai have been quite overrated. I thought Jinbei was going to be super badass, it almost looks as if Akainu could take him on by himself. Though I wouldn't count out Mihawk and Hancock. More than any Devils Fruit, it seems as if the story is hyping up the Kings Deposition Haki to be the greatest power in One Piece, and Hancock is one of the only ones to have it.

Super_Pirate

[11]Aug 13, 2010
    • level: 3
    I'm not sure I agree though I think they got to be powerful. We know Dragon is very powerful and Ivankov seems so marines are probably just not wanting to admit them as power as because it would look bad on them. Thats like basically terrorist to them so they don't want that to be known.

Elderlore

[12]Aug 22, 2010
    • level: 7
    Super_Pirate wrote:
    I'm not sure I agree though I think they got to be powerful. We know Dragon is very powerful and Ivankov seems so marines are probably just not wanting to admit them as power as because it would look bad on them. Thats like basically terrorist to them so they don't want that to be known.

Exactly. The Revolutionaries are seen as a terrorist organisation by the Marines because they'll obviously want to make them sound bad or "evil". The reason for them not being called one of the powers is because of what Fishbulb said. As for the Shichibukai being a joke, I don't agree entirely. Mihawk is still bad ass and no mistake. Doflamingo has gotta be epically powerful since he still hasn't taken anything seriously (in my book) but is still standing at the top of the pile in OP. Kuma must have his reasons for doing what he did to himself and obviously the Strawhats, but I can't help thinking he's less powerful now that he's all cyborgesque. Jimbei isn't bad, although I see him as having more of a tutor/guide role to Luffy than anything else a la Roshi from DBZ. In fact the only Shichibukai who I don't think really has much worth is Hancock. She has control of Haki ok but so do loads of other characters. Her devil fruit seems a bit petty compared to what others can do (how can she develop it to make herself stronger?), and in all honesty I don't know how she got the position in the first place. Just my two cents lol

ZaleIsBackAgain

[13]Aug 23, 2010
    Elderlore wrote:
    In fact the only Shichibukai who I don't think really has much worth is Hancock. She has control of Haki ok but so do loads of other characters. Her devil fruit seems a bit petty compared to what others can do (how can she develop it to make herself stronger?), and in all honesty I don't know how she got the position in the first place. Just my two cents lol

She also has the most POWERFUL kind of haki. Others who have the power of the Kings Disposition, Shanks, Whitebeard, amd Silvers Reyleighs. The common trait amongst these people? They're all amongst the top dogs of the seas, and Shanks and Rayleighs don't have DF powers yet they're still uberly strong because of the Haōshoku Haki. If Hancock ever gotten in a serious fight she could probably hold her own against anyone. Her DF power is only there to rid the fodder.

Ranemoraken

[14]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 20
    I still don't know what her love bullet did. It dropped Luffy like a rock when he was escaping from her palace. (All this stuff is so fresh in my mind, even though I haven't reread it.)

I think Oda is above the helpless Damsel for her role. I think if it came to it, she would be one of the scariest fighters to battle to the death. She's probably stronger than the defeated Shichibukai (Jimbei on land, Moria, Crocodile,) but weaker than others because their powers are very neutralizing to fight against. Kuma can teleport you, Doflamingo can control you irrespectively, Mihawk can fight Shanks... and Blackbeard goes without saying.