One Step Beyond

The Dead Part of the House

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 17, 1959 on ABC

• The ghosts of three dead girls comfort a lonely girl.

A grieving father (Philip Abbott of "The F.B.I.") goes to live with his sister after his wife is killed in an accident. He distances himself from his daughter -- who hears voices upstairs in a room in the house they're now living in.

The butler says no one is there. The aunt gives the little girl three dolls -- and it turns out that three girls were killed in the house due to leaking gas, and begin to comfort the girl -- and even teach her "The Charleston" (having lived in the 20s). The scene where the aunt "feels" the girl sent shrivers down my back.

Excellent episode -- one of the best I've seen.
  • A girl and her father move into a new house with three ghosts.

Great episode!!! It really scared me escpecially with the ghosts talking to the girl. In other shows like "A haunting" have these kinds of stories with a ghost interacting with a child. Like the kid saying,"Can i go play with my friend now" Freaky. This episode had the same idea basically. The girl befriended three girl ghosts and always talked with them. And the parents are upset and want to find out who these "friends" are. And for some reason, the kid isn't scared out of her wits and doesn't want to leave the room. I would!!!!!! And again this is something that goes on when someone is in a haunted house. The kid plays with a ghost or ghosts and don't want to leave the house!!!!