One Tree Hill

Are You True?

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 2003 on The CW

• Haley is awesome!

I really liked this episode because we saw a lot more of Haley and Brooke, and there was a lot less Peyton and Nathan drama.

I suppose the main storyline for me in 'Are You True?' was Haley deciding to tutor Nathan. It was in character and you don't blame Haley for doing it, but it also adds great tension into her relationship with Lucas and the show itself. I liked how she refused him because she loves Lucas but eventually accepts because she wants to help Luke. Good drama there! And the start of Nathan and Haley's relationship. Liked how feisty she was with him at the the peer.

The team are hazing Lucas and it's getting him down. It was funny when they stole his clothes and he had to walk around school with a basketball over his crotch and one over his butt. I liked this storyline because it really pushed Lucas to his limits. I've never liked Lucas but he's actually okay at the moment. Karen calling that Shelley woman a bitch was brilliant! Again, I've never been a fan of Karen but I liked her in this episode.

Peyton's artwork is good and I'm glad she get over herself and submitted it. She can be quite whiny. Brooke hitting on Lucas is really funny. When she was naked in his car - that was brilliant. Again, it's interesting to see the way things develop in these early episodes.

Really enjoyable episode. More Haley and I'll be happy.

9/10