One Tree Hill

Asleep at Heaven's Gate

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 14, 2010 on The CW

• How the mighty have fallen...

One Tree Hill up to season 6 was such a good show to watch. They were memorable; you could watch episodes and seasons over and over again, and I don't know about you, but I felt I had a connection with the characters, I could relate with a situation and it would mean something to me, that's what made it so good. Now it has lost that completely. The characters are just too boring, everyone just coasts through the show, without any story actually developing; then they throw something in. I agree with one of the reviews where they mentioned about Clay and Quinn..the most annoying and pointless characters I can remember from any show. When Brooke came into the store after being released from jail, Victoria and Millicent were trying to be funny about the situation, but it just wasn't. You could see they were trying to be funny about it, but honestly no. As a viewer, I just wanted to know what was happening rather than being left wandering what is happening here? For me, and I'm sure for a a lot of fans, letting Chad Michael Murray (Lucas) go was the biggest mistake the producers have made. For the first time, I actually look at the time when watching One Tree Hill, at times it is like a chore; I only watch it because have been a fan since the beginning. I really do hope it picks up or just please stop and end its misery.

But the one good thing is that they have brought back the intro music by Gavin DeGraw!:-)
  • This episode is the worst start for season 8

This episode is the worst start for season 8 , I have been watching One Tree Hill for 6 years and was a fan since season 1. But I started losing interest the end of season 7 and gave it a chance till the first episode season 8. The show is becoming too predictable and too dramatic, I dont think I will be watching any more episodes , it was the last straw for me. Maybe season 7 should've been the last season for this show as except the last scene in the final episode it could've been a good ending.
  • Eighth Season Premiere.

One Tree Hill returned for it's eighth season recently and it was a pretty great premiere. One Tree Hill is one of the best teen dramas to ever be on tv. and it lasted through the four year time jump, which is always a little risky.

This eighth season premiere was definitely a great one, but there were many things in the premiere that left me pretty angry.

One really big thing is that it felt exactly! like last seasons premiere, with just a few character switches and a few different storylines. The Clay/Quinn story this episode reminded me too much of Brooke and Julian last season opener, - they open with them laying on each other kissing on the beach! (ring a bell anyone?)

Overall good premiere, hopefully it stays as great or gets even better!
  • In the eighth season premiere, Brooke encounters a huge problem that could determine the fate of Clothes Over Bros; Clay and Quinn are still in the bedroom, having been shot; Nathan is ready to leave for camp, Haley's pregnant, and Mia is sour with Alex.

Eh. So-so premiere. I thought it was realllllly bad in the first half, but it got better. This Brooke thing reminds me a little bit of the Nathan scandal back in the beginning of season 7. The intro sequence... I thought that wasn't too good. I mean, really? It looked..very cheap. And I think Lucas and Peyton are coming back soon or something because they sure mentioned them alot. The Jamie storyline was very funny with the computer! The Clay/Quinn thing already has me bored, and it's really annoying how they're still there. How are they gonna survive if they've been like bleeding all day? This whole episode was a mess. Enough said.
  • Nathan and Haley deal with Jamie's curiousty, Brooke is very close of losing the store thanks to her mother and Millie... and we have a very twisted ending to the episode.. welcome back one tree hill... seriously welcome back!!! great episode....

WOAH and we're back.. I forgot how to do this for a minute its been a while great episode opener.. although that opener couldve been two hours and lasted longer but great episode... i loved the ending and the illusion was just brilliant!!! Brooke and Julian were hysterical with the Grease thing i couldnt stop laughing.. that was great comedy haha Millie is acting like a robot literally and it's pissing me off.. i did like Victoria though.. that 50 age comment was sooo funny hhaha i have to give a point to Millie for that... that was great haha Daphen's reaction was just brilliant haha... soo awesome... lol the computer thing with Jamie and Chuck was hysterican but it sucked that Jamie got grounded for something that wasnt his fault.. poor kid... that was Chuck's fault... and jamie told him not to do it.. thought that was pretty screwed up.. now lets get to the illision i really thought that they were okay after we saw clays dream wow... Mark you totally screwed with our minds haha good job loved the camera work in the episode as well great job.. cant wait til next week
  • Clay and Quinn fight for their lives while they have an out of body experience. Haley and Nathan prepare to tell Jamie about the pregnancy. Brooke finds herself in more troubles dealing with the latest problems with Clothes Over Bros.

So after last season finale cliffhanger I was expecting a lot of drama in this season premiere... but it was not like that. I was really surprise by this episode but it was a good surprise!

So here are the things that I like about this episode and before the stuff I did not like (I keep the good for the end to finish my review on a good general impression!)

Bad :(
    - Mia is a bit strange : she is upset by Chase's relationship with Alex but she is not doing anything about it... it is true that she looks really shy but that is not a good reason not too do something, anything otherwise it is too easy!
    - the grease 2 stuff was funny but didn't bring anything to the story.

Good :)
    - the beginning of the episode with the last scenes of the previous episode was interesting because it was a kind of 'previously on One Tree Hill' but it permits go directly on the action and it was really helpful for the Clay and Quinn dream storyline.
    - the opening credits are back...that was a little bit strange at first but it was nice !
    - the clay and quinn storyline because it drove us on a false story about them
    -the fact that it looks like that every thing is perfect and 'everybody live happy' It seems all cheesy and everything but the reality there is a huge drama coming up... but how they're going to find out what's happened to Clay and Quinn
    - nathan and haley and no drama it is so good it has been a while since they haven't had that
    - the sex talk with Jamie was funny
    - The drama around clothes over bros was good because It goes perfectly well with the character of Mrs Davis I wasn't expecting less coming from her!

That was a good episode in general and it brings a lot of storylines for this new season
  • Surprisingly impressed.

I'm shocked. I had no expectations of this episode being good but it actually was really enjoyable and entertaining. Yes it had its typical Tree Hill flaws but I was totally impressed. First of all I loved how the opening credits are back. I love them and was really pleased to see them return.

Despite it being quite obvious that Clay and Quinn were in a dream sequence it was still sort of shocking to see them unconscious and bleeding, helpless. I'm really looking forward to see how this is handled in the next episode. I kind of like them as a couple. Even the Jamie storyline with him being curious about sex was interesting and funny.

I was glad to see that Haley's depression wasn't forgotten by anyone and look forward to see what the show does with her in the potentially final season. Brooke's legal troubles were surprising and I'm curious to see where this goes. God even the Chase/Mia/Alex triangle didn't annoy me that much. Which is saying a lot.

This has got to be the most praise I've given an episode of One Tree Hill in a long time, we'll just have to see if the writers stay at this standard.
  • one tree hill is back!

what can i say! i love love love this show! it has become so much realistic what with brooke having the man of her dreams and then losing some of her career. nathan and haley's struggles with being parents and teaching their son about the birds and the bees of sex. so funny! it's something that people can actually relate to. this episode was great for me. Maybe it's because i just miss them so much haha. anyway, i hope this season premiere will slowly build up into far more greater episodes in this season and maybe also add some more seasons with maybe peyton and lucas? haha wishful thinking! i love this show! =D

Another season of One Tree Hill is underway. There was a little too much sex and relationship stuff for my liking, but azll in all this was a good way to welcome the show back for what in all honesty will be its final year.

I just cannot stand Clay and Quinn and there is no need to have them on the show. These are scenes that could be given to the other characters, the people who have been with OTH since the first season, or even Alex, the only good character introduced last year. These two irritate me to no end.

Okay start, but I need more from the show this season.
  • season eight episode 1

This episode almost made me angry. I was thinking how lame is this that Clay woke up and the shooting was just a dream. Having this whole part about the out of body experience was good and made me love it. I loved the sex talk with Jaime it made me laugh, but it wasn't as good as the Parenthood "where baby's come from talk" But really made me laugh.

Summing up I haven't grown tired of the show so I look forward to seeing what happens with Brook and Julian. Brook and this legal problem and with the new baby.
  • Great start to season Gr8!!

I knew going into it this would be a great episode. Creator Mark Schwahn wrote and directed it so I knew it would be good. All the best episodes were written by him. I am so excited that Nathan and Haley are having another baby. It was hilarious that Jamie was asking how that happened. It reminded me of the season six episode where Lucas took Nathan and Jamie to Keith's old body shop because Jamie had been asking questions about him. Lucas joked by saying "birds and the bees already" and Nathan replied that that would be easier. I guess it wasn't. I loved that they opened the episode with Haley's letter to Lucas and had Brooke mention that she talked to Peyton. It's nice to hear about them, but I still wish they would come back.

I don't know what is going on with COB, but I wish Mark hadn't gone that route because I was just starting to like Victoria. She turned over a new leaf in season 7 and really seemed to care about Brooke, but now she is jeopardizing everything Brooke worked for. And as for Clay and Quinn... I wish it would have been left as a bad dream that Clay and Quinn both had because it just doesn't seem possible to me that they could still be alive or survive this after being shot as such close range and left there to bleed to death.

Mark wrote the next two episodes as well so I can't wait to see how he turns this all around.