One Tree Hill

Deep Ocean Vast Sea

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 19, 2009 on The CW

• Not good.

Deep Ocean Vast Sea was dull. I'm finding it hard to even write a review on it...

This seasons storylines are taking an annoying direction; Brooke/Julian/Alex is silly melodrama. I don't care about Quinn or Clay. The Nathan/Renee scandal is already boring and why should I care about Chase/Mia? Or Dan/Rachel for that matter?

Shockingly, the best bits here were with Millie and how she handles becoming a model. While it's clichd it's interesting to see her turn to drugs to help herself lose weight. This doesn't include anything with Mouth that was just painful.

Poor poor episode. Get better.

4/10
  • Mouth Rocks!!

It's hard to believe that Haley is losing faith in Nathan and slightly believing that Renee is telling the truth. I've never doubted Nathan through this whole thing and just spent every week waiting and waiting for this stupid thing to be over. Nathan's reasons for why Haley should believe him is exactly why I've never lost faith in him. He would never cheat on Haley and he would never abandon a child. He is not his father and he never will be. He is better then Dan Scott.

Mouth is the man!! He has had a lot of great moments in this series. What he did in the season 5 finale was awesome, but what he did for Nathan was incredible!! He had his dream job and he gave it all up to protect a friend. I love it!!

I love the idea of Clothes for Bro's. It's genius!! I'm so glad Brooke fired Alex. I wouldn't trust her around Julian either. I don't know what he was thinking and why he didn't tell Brooke right away about Alex.

I really love Clay and Quinn together. They are really great friends and after her divorce is final will make a really great couple.

I can't believe this thing with Dan and him having Renee on the show. This is going to get interesting.
  • Not the OTH I used to watch!

This show doesn't looks like good old OTH without Lucas and Peyton. Today i watch this episode and realized that this is not OTH anymore, i don't know, the fact that two of the most dominant characters (emphasis being on the "characters" not the "actors") of the show are missing or the new cast is trying too damn hard to fill those gaps. Plus the only reason, i was still watching this season was because of JAMIE and even he didn't had a part in this episode so go figure.

In addition, i completely agree with the reviews of stewie1423. In my point of view, this show finished with the end of Season 6.
  • I THINK OTH IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.. I HAVE GREW UP WITH THIS SHOW I BEEN A FAN SINCE 2003 AND ILL BE A FAN TILL ITS OVER AND PAST THAT...I OWN ALL 6 SEASONS AND ALL 3 ALBUMS AND MORE AND GOT AN AUTOGRAPH FROM THE CAST.. LOVE YOU GUYS

i think oth is getting better and i love this episode i love quinn and clay but i do miss lucas and my peyton...but i think this show needs more action like season 5 and 6 had in it.. to much love will kill the show... but i will be a fan no matter what happens...i have followed lucas peyton brooke,haley and nathan since 2003 i love this show.. this show has everything i need and every wanted... when i lost my bf and my aunt i watch this show cause i can adapt to it and i love it
  • Decent.

7.2
    I really hope this is not the end of Alex on One Tree Hill. She's clearly the best of the new additions to the cast and deserves to be on the show full-time.

That being said, this was a decent installment, but definitely not great. Too much Millicent and Marvin, and the even worse Mia and Chase, for my taste. Keep the scenes to a minimum for those four individuals. I think this was more of a build-up to the future, but we do need some answers very soon. What is up with Clay and did Nathan actually do it (we know he didn't, but at least confirm it)?
  • Nothing is happening.

Ok so what actually happened here? Renee made a deal to go on Dan's show which could of been predicted from lasts weeks end. Millie is apparently taking drugs to help her lose weight, very out of character and though she's better than Mouth, Chase and Mia she isn't the strongest character. The Julian/Brooke/Alex triangle did nothing...except she fired the latter and kicked the former onto the sofa...but it almost came across as funny.

Haley is a likable character and I understand her dilemma with Nathan but it's getting more obvious that he didn't do anything which is just boring and makes the storyline pointless. Clay's weird storyline with that random blond woman was random...and boring while Quinn facing her fear of the sea wasn't spoken about enough to actually become a good end to the episode.

Writers...do better!
  • Third decent episode in a row

Have to say I'm still surprised when I see a decent OTH episode. But this one was. I think what mostly made it interesting was the Nathan/Hayley/Renee storyline. They're viewing it from different angles and giving it depth. I like how they're showing Hayley in that storyline. At first she was totally confident about Renee being a liar, then she got second thoughts which is only human in my opinion and in the end she found it in herself to still trust Nathan. I also like how they're making Dan and Rachel involved with the same storyline. And of course Dan being his evil self is enjoyable. But still I think Dan might come out as the good guy in this in the end. Like maybe somehow compromising Renee.

The other storylines were not that good. Millie's breakdown didn't look like believable acting, I'm not even gonna talk about Alex. If they're gonna have anything happen with her and Julian it's so lame. What I am interested in though, is the mystery girl with Clay. His wife maybe? We'll see.