One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

9x05 "The Killing Moon" Episode Discussion

Grade the ep

addiction01

[21]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 5

I loved this episode Smileit was pretty good; all the characters acted great. Chris Keller was so nice to Haley; it's gonna be interesting to see who captured Nathan. I also loved Brooke in this episode--I would not want to mess with her lol

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[22]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 32
    I pretty much agreed with everyones thoughts/posts but I just wanted to say a few things real quick....

ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:
    I don't care about Chuck at all. Why are they even focusing on him? I feel the same way about Chase.

Heres how I feel about this. The SL behind Chase/Chuck gets more interesting than them hanging out and it has to do with Chase getting arrested in the premiere as Ive read spoilers. But this SL, that I find could be interesting, shouldve happened last season or the one before it. No one needs to see 3 seasons of Chuck first. So my issue is not the SL itself but when they do the SL. So essentially I agree with you but I dont, if that makes sense LOL
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:
    I mentioned in another topic that his character should've ended in S4.

I dont mind Chase in general and I get why they brought him back because they need a "nice guy" like they would have a "nice girl" like Lauren or Millie or someone. Id actually much rather see Chase than Lauren because at least Chase has been there since high school and hes the bartender so at least he has a role other than just being some sort of toy to be tossed around between Skills, Mouth and her new husband *cough*, none of which we care about. And I get why they need him in order to fill up the time that James has left. Id much rather they do that than bring in another pointless male character like Grubbs for the last season. With this show, you learn quickly that its not so much "if they got rid of this, then this could be better" its "well, this is the lesser of two evils so I will take it" LOL! Chuck is a whole other story though but I went into that above

ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:
    the writers are now trying to justify Chase's continual involvement with Tara. Chris was being a jerk to Chuck, and Chase cares about Chuck. So since Chris doesn't seem to care that Chuck looks up to him, Chase feels it's okay to continue seeing Chris' girlfriend because Chris is a jerk (this thought seemed more together in my head, but I think you know what I'm getting at). The same thing happened in season 4 with the sex tape. Suddenly all the wrong that Peyton did to Brooke concerning her relationhip with Lucas wasn't as bad because Brooke slept with Nathan. I guess the writers thought they were "evening the score"

I see what youre saying, and I completely agree, that is probably the way they think it will happen. For the record though, I didnt think that the sextape evened the score at all. I know the writers want it to but I just think it was ridiculous. But thats a whole other story lol
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

Clay's storyline was starting to get interesting, but when I saw Logan, I realized the spoilers I read might've been true, and if that's the case then this SL is about to get real stupid and implausible real quick.

***SPOILER***
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

I felt bad for Julian. I like how for once something serious wasn't glossed over. I think his reaction is somewhat realistic. If you do something that puts your child in danger, you feel guilty for awhile and may not trust yourself with him/her; however, I don't know about going to bars and starting fights.

I dont know about this. In general its not in Julian's character but hes really feeling guilty about it which is probably making him a bit mad at himself too, so the physical beating was to juxtapose him beating himself up over it internally. Plus he was probably drunk too and have we ever seen Julian drunk?
    Edited on 02/09/2012 6:20pm

DannyMatthews

[23]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 2

I have a rather pertinent question.

Why does everyone think Dan is stupid?

I know he's a murderer but he's not a moron. Everyone knows he's not a moron (I know I'm saying this after it's revealed that he burned down his diner which is pretty moronic but still). He's calculating and manipulative, he's shown himself to be an evil genius. He would think ahead. He wouldn't do anything illegal unless he knows a way around it. He fooled Lucas and Andy, He got Renee to reveal the truth, he manipulated a town in making him mayor andhe killed Keith and masked it at the right time.Honestly thinking back. He has never been beaten, going to prison Lucas didn't get the evidence or the confession, he turned himself in.

Anyway, my point is, why do people accuse Dan of stuff like this. OK yes, Haley is panicked an worried so she'll immediately accuse the guy with a track record. I get that. But really, I don't understand how no one realises Dan isn't stupid enough to try anything this crude when it wuld just point back at him. He know his status and there's no way he could pull off a kidnapping of someone he knows when he knows he'll always be suspect number 1.

Justlikeheaven_

[24]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 33
    DannyMatthews wrote:

Anyway, my point is, why do people accuse Dan of stuff like this. OK yes, Haley is panicked an worried so she'll immediately accuse the guy with a track record. I get that. But really, I don't understand how no one realises Dan isn't stupid enough to try anything this crude when it wuld just point back at him. He know his status and there's no way he could pull off a kidnapping of someone he knows when he knows he'll always be suspect number 1.

Everyone was starting to think it was Dan because with Dan's track record since SEASON 1, he has always done stuff to get to people. I don't think that Dan is involved with the kidnapping now, but i originally did because he wants to get acceptance and closeness towards his family and Nathan is the one holding him back. Nathan had said that he needed to be gone by the time he came back home so it was just a thought because he told jamie that he wasnt going anywhere.

quintex96

[25]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 9
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    quintex96 wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    While watching the episode I was thinking how Haley and Dan are the only full time two left of the full time original main cast. Just was thinking how much the dynamic between these two have changed so much. And watching them, joy and Paul do have good on screen chemistry, which made me think of the early days when the running joke with fans was DALEY. Great episode. Loved the hurt and anger in Brooke when she read the note and then when she realized Tara did it. Haha laughed when Brooke trashed the cafe, bout time. Tara has played Way way too dirty and now she's playing personal. Haley. Dan. Simply amazing as usual. I really really wanna believe Dan when he says he did nt know nathan is missing. Millie's a bitch. Simply put if he humiliated her like that on tv it wouldn't fly even if he used the "I'm just worried about your health" excuse. She would expect him to be worried and help her in more appropriate ways. And it makes her all the more a bitch when she herself was dealing with weight and self image issues. Not saying mouth isn't fatter than she ever was or that she was even fat at all, it's about the way the other dealt with their wight battles: mouth called her beautiful and milli shouted you're fat on not only live tv but their own show.

Bitch. Hope they don't get married. She doesn't deserve him and especially after everything he forgave of her in the past. Oh and him saying "it was mean and I regret it" wouldn't much make up for anything; it would be "you don't respect me" kinda thing regardless.
    Wow, You really have issues with women don't you?

I know this is tough for a closed minded person to understand, but not all women display the qualities that Millie has. In fact it's your post that is disrespectful to women, implying that all women would do such a thing to her bf. I called Millie a bitch for her actions. You brought all women into it again implying all women are like this. I just said Millie.

I would say Millie deserves better if mouth lost control and shouted you're fat to Millie. Again believe it or not not all women lose control like that and verbally abuse their partners. In fact most women don't. Just a select few. Hence why I called MILLIE a bitch for it and not WOMEN.

Get a clue idiot.
    No, YOU get a clue dumbass! I wasn't bringing ALL women into it, you're just being deliberately obtuse. What exactly was Millie supposed to do, just ignore the problem? Yeah she might have been a bit harsh, but she was only doing that because she cared, and I don't see how you could misinterpret that(then again considering you actually believe that Chris Brown was justified in beating up Rihanna, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised)

LeytonTLA

[26]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 16

i havent read all the posts yet so sorry if i repeat anything

i thought this episode was amazing! The talent was top notch, firstly let me just say TARA IS A BITCA! WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS! i would of done exactly the same if i was brooke! She had every right to trash her cafe i hope she smashes the windows to! I felt so bad for haley the whole episode, she totally stole the show this ep, i dont think dan has anything to do with nates disappearence and i kinda figured he did that to his diner, i dont understand what took him so long to burn it down though when his excuse was to get nathan at his most vunerable its been like 9 months ... at least ... clays scenes were good i really enjoyed them , that logan is such a cutie ... is he actually there do we think oris he part of clays imaginationi kinda missed the bit where the doctor explained about him ... i didnt care or un care about chase and chuck, i could of done without it but it didnt bother me to much ... julian was amazing!!

Justlikeheaven_

[27]Feb 10, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:

i thought this episode was amazing! The talent was top notch, firstly let me just say TARA IS A BITCA! WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS! >

I got so mad at Chase because he didnt take Brooke's side or anything. Geez, you are supposed to do that when you have been friends with someone since highschool. lol. They are supposed to be friends and Chase stood there and didnt say a word when Brooke confronted Tara. Ugh! So frustrating.

loey12886

[28]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 10
    I have a question. I know this doesn't have anything to do with the episode really but I been reading so many comments with people are saying that Chelsea and Stephen are dating. I'm just wondering how everyone knows that, some sites I have seen with them it doesn't say their dating each other. Unless they said it in an interview or something *confused*

bronbrons27

[29]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 14
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

i thought this episode was amazing! The talent was top notch, firstly let me just say TARA IS A BITCA! WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS! >

I got so mad at Chase because he didnt take Brooke's side or anything. Geez, you are supposed to do that when you have been friends with someone since highschool. lol. They are supposed to be friends and Chase stood there and didnt say a word when Brooke confronted Tara. Ugh! So frustrating.
    I completely agree! I was really hoping Chase would stand up for Brooke at least a little bit... does he actually prefer Tara over her now?!

loey12886 wrote:
    I have a question. I know this doesn't have anything to do with the episode really but I been reading so many comments with people are saying that Chelsea and Stephen are dating. I'm just wondering how everyone knows that, some sites I have seen with them it doesn't say their dating each other. Unless they said it in an interview or something *confused*
    I read it on IMDb. On both Stephen and Chelsea's IMDb pages it says they're dating.

Justlikeheaven_

[30]Feb 10, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

I completely agree! I was really hoping Chase would stand up for Brooke at least a little bit... does he actually prefer Tara over her now?!

He hasnt known Tara for that long so it is gets on my nerves. I am happy that Brooke got as mad at Chase as she did. She obviously was expecting him to stick up for her and the cafe too! Chase should have ATLEAST told Tara that what she was doing to Haley, Brooke and the cafe was wrong.

stellarchick86

[31]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 32
    Im wondering if thats how the whole thing will go. Eventually both boys fill finally understand what a bi@tch she is and Chase will stick up for Brooke and CK will stand up for Haley. She'll be so embarassed that she lost TWO boys that she will stop and a "truce" will be called. Thats the only way I can see it ending and Id like to think this triangle wouldnt be for nothing.

bronbrons27

[32]Feb 10, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Im wondering if thats how the whole thing will go. Eventually both boys fill finally understand what a bi@tch she is and Chase will stick up for Brooke and CK will stand up for Haley. She'll be so embarassed that she lost TWO boys that she will stop and a "truce" will be called. Thats the only way I can see it ending and Id like to think this triangle wouldnt be for nothing.
    Oh I like that idea a lot! I hope something like that happens. I definitely don't want either Chase or Chris to end up with Tara, she's just a b*tch.

Justlikeheaven_

[33]Feb 11, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oh I like that idea a lot! I hope something like that happens. I definitely don't want either Chase or Chris to end up with Tara, she's just a b*tch.

Yeah totally. I wouldnt like Chris to end up with her either. Earlier on in the show, i probably would have said, who cares, Chris is just as much of an a$$ as Tara is, but i like Chris a lot more now so he even deserves better than her.

LeytonTLA

[34]Feb 13, 2012

yeah i just personally just dont like her as soon as she came on screen i just didnt like her at all , could be the actor acting or character i just knew i was gonna hate her!

Justlikeheaven_

[35]Feb 13, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:

yeah i just personally just dont like her as soon as she came on screen i just didnt like her at all , could be the actor acting or character i just knew i was gonna hate her!

Yeah, understandable. When we first saw her for the first time, I got a really bad vibe that she was going to be trouble. And i guess i was right. lol.

that70sshow2000

[36]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 15
    Tara's hot.

Day-am.

Chris isn't an ass. But he did used to be. I mean anyone who goes after and kisses someone knowing they're taken and especially married even is a jerk. On another note, ive always wondered how old CK is lol considering he was hitting on a 16 y/o

Justlikeheaven_

[37]Feb 13, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    On another note, ive always wondered how old CK is lol considering he was hitting on a 16 y/o

I have always wondered that too. Especially since like when they were at the Honey Grove Prom, the group of girls from that school had asked him how old he was, kinda like they knew he wasnt in highschool. BUT if I recall, Chris did stop by tre hill high school in season 3, and sang before the basketball game in that one ep. Maybe he was in college when the gang was in highschool.

LeytonTLA

[38]Feb 13, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    On another note, ive always wondered how old CK is lol considering he was hitting on a 16 y/o

I have always wondered that too. Especially since like when they were at the Honey Grove Prom, the group of girls from that school had asked him how old he was, kinda like they knew he wasnt in highschool. BUT if I recall, Chris did stop by tre hill high school in season 3, and sang before the basketball game in that one ep. Maybe he was in college when the gang was in highschool.

Same i always assumed he was about 18 and decided not to go to college

bronbrons27

[39]Feb 13, 2012

^^ Yeah I always kind of assumed that Chris was 18 or 19 in season 2. Like just out of high school or something...

Edited on 02/13/2012 2:43pm

Justlikeheaven_

[40]Feb 13, 2012
    ^ Yeah probably. Or he was just a year older than the rest of them so when they were all juniors he was supposed to be a senior, but he ended up dropping out of highschool to persue the whole music thing.