One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

9x07 "Last Known Surroundings" Episode Discussion

Grade the ep

stellarchick86

[1]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 32

Hey guys- I'm going to post these episodes early from now on so everyone can watch the promos when they want to.

Season: 9

Episode: 7

Original Airdate: Feb 22, 2012

Episode Title: "Last Known Surroundings"

Episode Summary: CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY GUEST STARS. Haley seeks help from Lucas as Nathan makes an escape attempt. Brooke comes face-to-face with Xavier. Julian uncovers evidence that assists Dan in his search for Nathan. Clay makes a connection with another patient. Shantel VanSanten, Jackson Brundage, Lee Norris, Lisa Goldstein, Stephen Colletti and Tyler Hilton also star. The episode was written by Mark Schwahn and directed by Austin Nichols.

Promo clip: http://www.movietvnews.net/2012/02/16/one-tree-hill-episode-9-07-last-known-surroundings-promo/

Preview clip (Nathan with kidnappers): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LArPAzwsbY

Discuss away!

I wonder how Xavier is going to fit into all of this. Also its a shame that we may not get a lot of Lucas/Brooke scenes then. :-/

Edited on 02/16/2012 5:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Justlikeheaven_

[2]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 33
    When i saw the promo last night, I never thought i would be this excited to see CMM come back for an episode. I didnt even really care for him. I can't wait for this episode!!

bronbrons27

[3]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 14
    Yeah I'm so exicted for next week's episode as well!! But I also wonder how Xavier is fitting into all of this now... and I don't really see the point in bringing him back right now anyway. We already have one psycho kinda person this season - the guy that kidnapped Nathan. But oh well.

Also, here is a preview clip of next week's episode, with Nathan, if you guys wanna see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LArPAzwsbY

Justlikeheaven_

[4]Feb 16, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Yeah I'm so exicted for next week's episode as well!! But I also wonder how Xavier is fitting into all of this now... and I don't really see the point in bringing him back right now anyway. We already have one psycho kinda person this season - the guy that kidnapped Nathan. But oh well.

Also, here is a preview clip of next week's episode, with Nathan, if you guys wanna see it:

OMG!!!! Thanks Bronbrons for posting that. That is an awesome clip. But now i want it to be next week even more!!!!!!

quintex96

[5]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 9
    I'm real excited to see this, wonder if brooke will actually be forced to kill Xavier?

stellarchick86

[6]Feb 16, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:

Thanks Bron!! I will put this up in my post.

quintex96 wrote:
    I'm real excited to see this, wonder if brooke will actually be forced to kill Xavier?

I wonder the same thing.

stellarchick86

[7]Feb 21, 2012
    Bump

Justlikeheaven_

[8]Feb 22, 2012
    I am sso excited for tonight!! I literally could not focus in my class this morning. OTH was going through my mind the whole time. Cant wait to see Lucas one last time.

stellarchick86

[9]Feb 22, 2012
    ^Lol. I cant wait too. Im very curious as to how this is all going to happen (i.e. what he says about Peyton/Sawyer/any possible new child, where/what they are doing for work, who he interacts with, etc). Im also curious about why Brooke's attacker is back.

txgirl75

[10]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 23
    Anyone feeling sorry for Chuck. He's always annoying and tonight felt sorry for him. It was ok glad to see CMM in this episode him and Haylie always had a great friendship. Next week looks sad i hope they don't kill Nathan off? I will say this season has kept me on my toes.

stellarchick86

[11]Feb 22, 2012

-Does anyone else feel like this season has been more like a long movie rather than individual episodes? Like "okay, Nathan is missing, so lets have all the characters help in that, and then give Brooke/Chase/Chris Keller/Clay scenes by themselves at certain points to lighten the mood.

-Chuck/Chase: I know what's going to happen because I have read spoilers but I kind of can't believe that Chase bought that excuse.

Brooke/Xavier: Wow, this may actually be the first Brooke SL that I am not interested in. First of all- NO MORE PSYCHOS, SCHWAHN! We only have a few episodes left, and we've had one every season now. Enough is enough. We already had to deal with this in s6, we don't need to go through it again. Plus, Brooke already kicked his @ss w/ a gun and he was arrested, let's just leave him there. If anything I'd be more curious about Ian Banks (psycho Derek) because he seemed like the one who could've been redeemed the most and wasn't mentally unstable like Carrie, Katie and Xavier but just distressed and took a very wrong turn. Anyway, I'd much rather see Brooke be a mom and a café manager. No need for OTT drama.

Clay: I'm enjoying his SL in general but I don't really enjoy seeing therapy-related episodes more than once at a time. We've had like 3-4 already. It's just kind of dragging it down. On the plus-side, I'm enjoying hearing about Clay's life pre-s7 and how he ended up in TH.

Dan: I love how he all of a sudden turned into the guy from A Beautiful Mind or something lol I also loved when he said "Prison huh? They'll love you in there". I missed snarky Dan, glad he's back!!

Nathan: I like the kidnapping SL in general but it's beginning to drag a little bit so I was glad when he escaped. Did not see the cop twist at all and was disappointed when that happened. *sigh*

Haley/Lucas/Jamie: I saved this for last because I had the most to say on this. In general I DID like this part of the episode, so it was a huge plus for me, but since the negatives are more fun to get into, I will discuss that. Firstly, it was kind of short but I'm just glad he came back at all so I will glance over that. Secondly, I'm still surprised that Haley would let Lucas take Lydia back with him. Jamie I understand because he's older and he can pretty much take care of himself anyway but Lydia is just a baby and they are going to a different country and Lucas already has a kid to worry about. It just seemed a bit off. And even if Haley was afraid of crying in front of the kids, Lydia's just a baby and won't understand and she could always turn to Quinn to watch her if it's too much. Anyway, I did enjoy their scenes together and got a little misty-eyed during the hello scene. I just wish they would've caught us up to speed a little more on what's been happening with them. After the Sawyer phone-call, I expected it to go something like:

Haley: "Aww, she's so cute. I hope I get to see her again soon."

Lucas: "Yeah, I know she's such a chatterbox, bla bla"

Haley: "Yeah, and now pretty soon you're going to have another little one running around. How far along is Peyton now, 7 months?"

Lucas: "Yeah. She feels bad that she couldn't come out to visit but she felt too nervous traveling while that far along."

*Haley nods in agreement* "And that's why I felt bad, like I'm imposing on you, when you already have a lot going on"

Lucas: "Haley. You know you are never an imposition"

*Haley smiles* "I'm so glad that you are finally having a son of your own"

Something like that. That would take what, an extra 30 seconds at most? Anyway, it was good but just weird that Haley was the only one visiting with him. Wouldn't Mouth or Skills want to see him? And certainly Brooke too, they were good friends in s5. I know it would sort of ruin the tone a bit because then it would turn into Brooke's kids and Mouth's weight gain and this and that, but it was just kind of strange.

Anyway, Id give this episode maybe a 8.5-9/10 or so. I liked it, and glad that Lucas was back, but I guess I just set my heights too high on that or something lol

Looking forward to next week, but I really don't want to think that they'd kill off Nathan.

Edited on 02/22/2012 8:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

bronbrons27

[12]Feb 22, 2012
    ^^ Wow Stellar, I basically agree with every single thing you said, so I won't bother quoting it all, haha. And I love your own Haley/Lucas scene! I think that would have been really great to see in the episode.

I thought this episode was really intense, I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm a little disappointed Chris only had one scene in the episode, I would much rather see Chase/Chris scenes than Chase/Chuck scenes, but oh well. The first scene with Chase/Chris was quite funny, especially when Chase says he's in the airforce and Chris says "Why?" ahaha.

I'm sorta glad they brought back Xavier in SOME ways... because I liked that storyline in season 6 and I think it's good to mention it again to show it still affects Brooke... BUT WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE PSYCHOS IN THE FINAL SEASON. Like you said, Stellar, I would actually rather they brought back Ian/Derek (I know Peyton's not on the show anymore... but still). Psycho Derek was definitely my favourite psycho on the show, so if they HAD to bring one back, I would rather it have been him.

By the way, are Brooke's parents coming back at all this season??

Clay/therapist doctor scenes were pretty good. I like how they're mentioning Sara again this season, and I liked that Clay talked about his life before season 7 began.

Okay so onto Lucas/Haley - Although I was of course super excited to see Lucas again, and even caught myself smiling when he entered the screen for the first time in the episode (and OMG the hair), I was overall pretty disappointed with Lucas's return... I wish he had had scenes outside of the airport. And why wouldn't Haley want Lucas to come back to Tree Hill?! Surely finding Nathan would be waaay easier with Lucas to help her?!
    But I am still very happy we got some final Laley scenes, even if we didn't get any Lucas&Dan/Lucas&Nathan/Brucas ones. And I liked Haley's short phone call to Sawyer.
    By the way, did Lucas mention why Sawyer and Peyton weren't there? When Quinn asked him how they were doing, and after he said they were fine, he said something else but I couldn't quite make out what he said.

To be honest, I would have preferred Lucas to come back AFTER Nathan is rescued (or he could even help rescue him), so that we can have one final Lucas/Dan/Nathan scene.That would have been great. But oh well, at least we still got to see him.

P.S. Jamie has a cellphone, an iPod, a laptop and another computer at home?!?! Spoilt kid.

Okay now onto Nathan - WTF so the drug dealer IS involved?! I'm so confused. When I first saw him in the episode, I was like "Hmm, I recognize that guy from somewhere..." and then it hit me that it was Clay's drug dealer.... was he in the last episode too and I just missed it? I can't remember. And WTF that cop?! Is everyone involved in this?! Next thing we know, they'll bring Xavier into it as well. I was a little disappointed that cop was involved too though, he seemed geniunely nice to Haley, though I suppose maybe a bit "too" nice.

Well... I'm excited for the next episode! I'm definitely way more excited for the new episodes each week this season, than I ever was for season 7 or 8. It's great.

stellarchick86

[13]Feb 22, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I'm sorta glad they brought back Xavier in SOME ways... because I liked that storyline in season 6 and I think it's good to mention it again to show it still affects Brooke... BUT WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE PSYCHOS IN THE FINAL SEASON. Like you said, Stellar, I would actually rather they brought back Ian/Derek (I know Peyton's not on the show anymore... but still). Psycho Derek was definitely my favourite psycho on the show, so if they HAD to bring one back, I would rather it have been him.

Ive just always been curious about Ian because I think he didnt really mean to do it, he just did it in moments of stress/emotional damage. Im not excusing what he did by any means, but it wasnt like he was mentally "off" like Katie (and Id say Carrie too) or just plain evil like Xavier. I guess its because when Peyton said goodbye to him, he was sitting there crying in his jail cell where as the others never seemed to feel remorse at all. So I always wondered if once Ian was let out, if he just tried to live a normal day, day by day, or if he went right back to almost murdering people. Plus he was also young too where as the other ones were at least in their 20s so they already had some semblance of a life beforehand where as Ian didnt. You know what I mean?
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    II'm a little disappointed Chris only had one scene in the episode, I would much rather see Chase/Chris scenes than Chase/Chuck scenes, but oh well. The first scene with Chase/Chris was quite funny, especially when Chase says he's in the airforce and Chris says "Why?" ahaha.

Lol. I also like CK/Chase scenes more but since Im spoiled on the Chuck/Chase stuff, Im going to enjoy seeing how the SL unfolds. But if its just general watching them for the sake of watching them like in s8, then no. There were a lot of scenes where Chuck and Chase are playing baseball in Tric in s8 for some reason. Actually I wouldve just scaped baseball from s8 altogether (minus Ian Kellerman) lol.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    And why wouldn't Haley want Lucas to come back to Tree Hill?! Surely finding Nathan would be waaay easier with Lucas to help her?!

I wondered the exact same thing. Someone at IMDB said something like "wouldnt Lucas want to stick his nose in it and try to help find Nathan??" I wonder if they are doing this because they want Dan to take sole credit for this? I was expecting Lucas to stay over at Haleys in their guestroom and then Dan figures out where Nathan is and comes over to tell Haley. Lucas answers the door and Lucas doesnt want to hear it. Before Dan closes the door, Dan tells him whats going on. Lucas hesitates but then decides to go with Dan but Dan tells him that it could be dangerous. Lucas decides that if theres any chance, he has to do it. Then they go, Dan dies in front of both of his sons, L/N reunite and bla bla. Lucas comes home all bloody and Haleys like WTF happened? Then Nathan walks through the door, Haley/Jamie/Nathan rejoice. They have a few scenes together with Lucas, Lucas leaves at the end of the ep. I think this wouldve been way more epic.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I love your own Haley/Lucas scene! I think that would have been really great to see in the episode [..]

Thank you!! Sometimes I wish I was a tv writer LOL

bronbrons27 wrote:
    By the way, did Lucas mention why Sawyer and Peyton weren't there? When Quinn asked him how they were doing, and after he said they were fine, he said something else but I couldn't quite make out what he said.

I didnt catch anything related to either of them except Lucas saying they are good and then him saying later on that Sawyer is a chatterbox and then something about the 2 of them gang up on Lucas so they get their way or something lol Thats all I caught
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    P.S. Jamie has a cellphone, an iPod, a laptop and another computer at home?!?! Spoilt kid.

Lol I know!! I understand the cell phone in a way because of emergencies and I actually know kids who had an ipod at an even earlier age but a laptop AND a computer?? My parents had 1 comp in the whole house and we all had to share until I was a teenager.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Next thing we know, they'll bring Xavier into it as well.

Lol. When I heard that he was coming back, I thought the same thing and that "well thats really random" but now after seeing that they are going to re-hash this old SL, Id rather he just be involved in this LOL

stellarchick86

[14]Feb 22, 2012

PrincessPinky,

Im curious to hear what your thoughts on all of this are too. I was pretty disapointed and Im not even a LP fan, so Im reaaaally curious to hear your thoughts LOL

luv2live

[15]Feb 22, 2012
    Honestly, I was really excited for this episode, I mean CMM was coming back, return of Lucas!! And then he spent the entire time sitting in an airport with a backpack on. It was so lame. I wanted some Brucas interaction or some Dan interaction or something!! But we got basically nothing. Yes, I loved watching the Haley/Lucas friendship but part of me was flashing back to the past (like when her mom died and there was no Lucas mention) and wanted her to make some comment about being a bad friend. i know, such not a Haley thing to say. I guess if your going to bring back an original at least give him a decent storyline to work with. I mean Brooke finally got her kids, something that she dreamed about, and Lucas knew about, and no mention at all.

Okay, i think that rants done. I'm actually enjoying the Clay storyline and I think that has more to do with Quinn not being in it. Its lovely learning about his past and his life with Sarah. They seemed so happy together. I always wished tehre was a way she could come back (not the psycho but the real her). I keep wondering if there's something more with the little boy.

Loved the snarky Dan comment; dan at his best. Kinda feel like the Nathan storyline is getting a little too drawn out. Only so many times I want to see him tied to a chair. Gosh I miss the early seasons.

Justlikeheaven_

[16]Feb 23, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

-Does anyone else feel like this season has been more like a long movie rather than individual episodes? Like "okay, Nathan is missing, so lets have all the characters help in that, and then give Brooke/Chase/Chris Keller/Clay scenes by themselves at certain points to lighten the mood.

I guess it is because they didnt want to get into a lot of story since there are only 13 episodes in the season.

Ok, so this episode......I as well was kinda dissapointed at Lucas' return to Tree Hill. He wasnt there for very long. lol. Its like ok I'm back in Tree Hill, but i am only here to pick up Jamie and Lydia and then i am leaving.

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Nathan: I like the kidnapping SL in general but it's beginning to drag a little bit so I was glad when he escaped. Did not see the cop twist at all and was disappointed when that happened. *sigh*
    I enjoyed seeing Nathan try to escape. For a split second there i actually thought he would have gotten away. Even though we kinda know he wont yet. I really thought that that Cop was there to help, but he turned out to be in on the whole thing. I feel sorry for Haley. She gave the guy the pink moose thinking that he was going to help fnd him, but he knows exactly where he is!!! ugh! BTW, Speaking of NH, I know this is crazy, but i absolutely love when Nathan threatens someone if he thinks that Haley is in danger. Its cute lol!!

I was a bit sad that there was only one tiny scene of Chris in this episode! And a pointless one. I would have really liked there to be Chris and Chase scenes rather than Chuck and Chase. Even though i do feel bad for Chuck.

stellarchick86

[17]Feb 23, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I guess it is because they didnt want to get into a lot of story since there are only 13 episodes in the season.

Yeah, but Id be happy with just 13 eps of the gang hanging around, being parents, since its the last season. I was looking forward most to seeing Brooke being a mom. I didnt need a big long kidnapping SL to take up the whole season instead, so I didnt need 1 or 13 eps of it. S5 was kind of like that, the first 13 eps anyway, where there wasnt a ton of drama and it was mostly dialogue and hanging out. I thought it was going to be like that, but now they are older and have more responsibilitis, to make it come full circle. Anyway, Im just frustrated I guess. Meh. LOL

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    For a split second there i actually thought he would have gotten away. Even though we kinda know he wont yet

I did. I thought "oh yay- we are finally going to get a L/N scene again sometime this season! And then bam, he was right back in there again. Grr. And it has to end sometime, we are already like halfway there and theres gotta be some resolution afterwards....I figured that he would escape and go home but then theyd track him down and find him.
    Edited on 02/23/2012 5:13am

Justlikeheaven_

[18]Feb 23, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    For a split second there i actually thought he would have gotten away. Even though we kinda know he wont yet

I did. I thought "oh yay- we are finally going to get a L/N scene again sometime this season! And then bam, he was right back in there again. Grr. And it has to end sometime, we are already like halfway there and theres gotta be some resolution afterwards....I figured that he would escape and go home but then theyd track him down and find him.

haha. That is how i was too! I seriously thought ahhh, he is going to escape YAY and then the gun didnt work. Yes, frustrating!

JaiCSC

[19]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 17

This one was quite good but some things just outright confused me. I'll admit this is nitpicking but **** it.

1: Why was the scene when Lucas arrived done in a manner as if Lucas had just met Quinn for the first time? Haley and Lucas are childhood best friends.

2: Why continue to draw attention to the lack of Lucas' presence over the past few years. I'll forgive the cheap excuse for not being at the wedding.

3: Wasn't Brooke supposed to be starting a new business with her Father?

4: Julian is working with Dan to help find Nathan. There's a some hypocrisy there if ask me.

Feel free to say I'm being a overly picky but honestly these are easy to spot and easy fixes.

1: Lucas: Hey Quinn. *Maybe they hug* sorry to hear about you and David, or how are things with Clay?

2: Anyone at Anytime: Just got off the phone with Lucas/Peyton. Or As a specific Haley to Brooke: It's a shame Peyton couldn't hang around for the christening, implying that she was here for a short while but left.

3: *Julian walks into the living room. Brooke is at table full of papers* Julian: Coming up with new designs for the line? Brooke: Daniels is up for parole.

Anyway I'm liking the Clay stuff. I think we all know what his trauma is though but at least it's compelling.

Justlikeheaven_

[20]Feb 23, 2012
    JaiCSC wrote:

This one was quite good but some things just outright confused me. I'll admit this is nitpicking but **** it.

1: Why was the scene when Lucas arrived done in a manner as if Lucas had just met Quinn for the first time? Haley and Lucas are childhood best friends.

They didnt do it that way. Haley had said to Lucas in the airport, "You remember my sister Quinn right?" And he said yes.

Lucas was gone when Quinn started on the show.