stellarchick86

[1]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 32

Season: 9

Episode: 8

Original Airdate: Feb 29, 2012

Episode Title: "A Rush of Blood to the Head"

Episode Summary: BARBARA ALYN WOODS AND ANTWON TANNER GUEST
    STAR - Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) receives news of a possible tragedy. Dan's (Paul
    Johansson) search for Nathan (James Lafferty) leads him back to his dark past. Clay
    (Robert Buckley) has a breakthrough in his treatment. Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Julian
    (Austin Nichols) deal with Xavier (guest star Devin McGee). Chase's (Stephen Colletti)
    concern for Chuck (guest star Michael May) pushes him to his limits. Shantel VanSanten,
    Jackson Brundage, Lee Norris, Lisa Goldstein and Tyler Hilton also star. The episode
    was written by Johnny Richardson and directed by Greg Prange

Promo clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvKUU26QT4w

Preview clip: (Julian/Brooke/Xavier): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiWRF0g0gpg (thanks Justlikeheaven!)

Discuss!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bronbrons27

[2]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 14
    Ooooh I'm excited to see Deb back! I still find it weird that she just disappeared off the planet after season 6.

And that preview clip is pretty good too, it's so cute whenever Julian sticks up for Brooke, especially since he's not your ordinary "tough guy" type.

stellarchick86

[3]Feb 23, 2012
    Completely agree on both counts. I do like Julian sticking up for Brooke, but I feel like this whole Xavier thing will be about Julian saving Brooke and/or his family when we've already seen that in s8 with the hurricane. If we had a full season then maybe I wouldnt mind seeing this SL as much but with the limited time, I would like for it to be about friends and family. Id say the same for Nathan if James wanted to be on full-time. Anyway sorry for complaining about this all the time to you guys lol Im just venting.

Justlikeheaven_

[4]Feb 24, 2012
    • level: 33
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Ooooh I'm excited to see Deb back! I still find it weird that she just disappeared off the planet after season 6.

I know me too!!!!! I am really excited to see Deb. I was dissapointed when she left last time because there was no closure at all. I would guess that all her scenes are going to be with Haley to comfort her. Now that Jamie and Lydia are out of town with Lucas, I really can see Haley getting worse emotionally because she wont have to feel like she needs to contain her fear because of Jamie. You could see it when she was watching the Nathan video. She was so close to losing it completely.

LeytonTLA

[5]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 16
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:

I know me too!!!!! I am really excited to see Deb. I was dissapointed when she left last time because there was no closure at all. I would guess that all her scenes are going to be with Haley to comfort her. Now that Jamie and Lydia are out of town with Lucas, I really can see Haley getting worse emotionally because she wont have to feel like she needs to contain her fear because of Jamie. You could see it when she was watching the Nathan video. She was so close to losing it completely.

Yay deb she wasnt in the promo though ... thats a great promo though im also thinking all the speculation of it being dan cant be right....

Justlikeheaven_

[6]Feb 26, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:

Yay deb she wasnt in the promo though ... thats a great promo though im also thinking all the speculation of it being dan cant be right....

The promo didnt have very much though. It only had the Haley and Quinn going to the mourge. I am thinking that the person isnt anyone they know. I think its just a random person and Haley is crying of relief that its not nathan and also because she now realizes that Nathan is STILL missing.

Justlikeheaven_

[7]Feb 27, 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ncSdcjbIXI&feature=related

Here is the extended promo. There is a piece of Haley yelling at the police officer (the guy that is in on the kidnapping).

bronbrons27

[8]Feb 27, 2012
    ^^ Thanks for the link to the other promo!

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I am thinking that the person isnt anyone they know. I think its just a random person and Haley is crying of relief that its not nathan and also because she now realizes that Nathan is STILL missing.
    And I completely agree with this. I'm definitely betting that Haley just sees a random person in morgue, not Nathan. After all, she's still looking at a dead body, which is pretty upsetting, and like you said, it means that Nathan is still missing as well...

stellarchick86

[9]Feb 27, 2012

Since we were wondering about Chad filming all of his scenes with Joy in an airport, Im wondering if this below is true. Someone posted this at IMDB. Take from it what you will.

by londongyrl18 4 hours ago (Mon Feb 27 2012 15:38:19) Ignore this User | Report Abuse
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but I was in Wilmington over the summer and toured the studio. When the employees were asked about CMM's alleged return they said that must be a rumor because the last they had heard he was not allowed back on set. I have to believe this is true now because all of his scenes look like they were filmed at the airport and not on set at all. This must have been the writer's way around it. I wonder what he did??

LeytonTLA

[10]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 16
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Since we were wondering about Chad filming all of his scenes with Joy in an airport, Im wondering if this below is true. Someone posted this at IMDB. Take from it what you will.

by londongyrl18 4 hours ago (Mon Feb 27 2012 15:38:19) Ignore this User | Report Abuse
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but I was in Wilmington over the summer and toured the studio. When the employees were asked about CMM's alleged return they said that must be a rumor because the last they had heard he was not allowed back on set. I have to believe this is true now because all of his scenes look like they were filmed at the airport and not on set at all. This must have been the writer's way around it. I wonder what he did??

I doubt thats true, if he did something so terrible to not be allowed back on set i would never let him work with jackson and baby lydia if they were my kids, also i personally think it was just in the airport so that when he didnt have scenes with the rest of the cast it wasnt as bad cos he wasnt at his house or haleys being at the airport he couldnt just walk to see them and the fact he was just taking the kids home with him ... if that makes sense

Justlikeheaven_

[11]Feb 28, 2012

bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Thanks for the link to the other promo!
    oh, your welcome! I am excited to see the reason why Haley is throwing things around and yelling at the officer. My guess is its because they arent doing anything to find nathan. Ugh. That guy bothers me now. If we know that Haley has a confrontation with him, i am really curious to know what that guy will say to her this time to hide that he really has know where Nathan is all this time.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I am thinking that the person isnt anyone they know. I think its just a random person and Haley is crying of relief that its not nathan and also because she now realizes that Nathan is STILL missing.
    And I completely agree with this. I'm definitely betting that Haley just sees a random person in morgue, not Nathan. After all, she's still looking at a dead body, which is pretty upsetting, and like you said, it means that Nathan is still missing as well...

I think that seeing that dead body that isnt nathan, knowing that he is still out there missing is going to throw Haley even further off the rails emotionally. She is going to be a complete mess now.

Edited on 02/28/2012 7:39am
    Edited 3 total times.

stellarchick86

[12]Feb 28, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:

I doubt thats true, if he did something so terrible to not be allowed back on set i would never let him work with jackson and baby lydia if they were my kids, also i personally think it was just in the airport so that when he didnt have scenes with the rest of the cast it wasnt as bad cos he wasnt at his house or haleys being at the airport he couldnt just walk to see them and the fact he was just taking the kids home with him ... if that makes sense

I think so lol On one hand, I was like 'oh that makes sense then why he was only in one location with 1 actor', but on the other hand, if what he did was so bad then they prob. wouldnt allow him on at all. I dont know.

stellarchick86

[13]Feb 29, 2012

Clay/Logan- Logan's hair looks a little weird blonde (and why did they do that now?) but he's still adorable. I love that they are finally progressing this SL because there was only so much therapy-related episodes I could take. I wish we could've seen Quinn's reaction to the big news though, I hope it picks back up on the next episode. And when Logan asks Clay to play with him- OMG so cute!

Brooke/Xavier- Kind of sucks that they changed his infamous "have a nice night" line to "have a nice day" but alright I guess lol. Anyway I'm still bitter that they are doing this SL AGAIN when we only have half a season but I am trying to make the best of it I guess. Hopefully it will just be another episode and that's it, but this is OTH we are talking about here lol

Haley/Quinn-Joy's speech/scenes were absolutely breath-taking. I was so misty-eyed. I'm glad that they tied her feelings about Nathan with a story we haven't actually witnessed before rather than repeating a story from the past that we've seen a million times, like the Crackerjack necklace. I figured that it wasn't Nathan under the sheet though. And loved the ending scene with her going to Dan's trailer

Deb- Loved seeing Deb back and I LOVED the Deb/Dan hug. See, writers, its nice to have a character back for old times' sake just to be there with the characters and talk to them rather than it being for some big reason like Lucas taking the kids with him and then shipping him off again. I loved seeing Deb be a mother figure to Haley since Lydia isn't around anymore and because they've had their issues in the past. I guess that's it for her though

Chuck/Chase- I am enjoying this SL in general, but I wish they would've done it last season instead of dragging on the Mia/Alex triangle. But I did like it. It's nice that this season they seem to be dealing with real-life issues like this

Lauren/David- What a waste of screen-time, but the scene with the 4 of them in the café was quite funny though. Seemed like Quinn should've had more of a reaction than that though, considering she was friends enough with Lauren to ask her to go to Puerto Rico with them in s8 and wasn't she also a part of the bachelorette party for Brooke? Can't remember, maybe not. Anyway hopefully this is done now/

Anyway, when all is said and done, it was still a good episode. Looking forward to next week! Id give it a 9/10

JaiCSC

[14]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 17

Well that was a swerve with Clay and Logan. There are few things that don't fit properly with that one but screw it I'm eager to see this play out.

EDIT:

stellarchick86 wrote:

Lauren/David- What a waste of screen-time, but the scene with the 4 of them in the café was quite funny though. Seemed like Quinn should've had more of a reaction than that though, considering she was friends enough with Lauren to ask her to go to Puerto Rico with them in s8 and wasn't she also a part of the bachelorette party for Brooke? Can't remember, maybe not. Anyway hopefully this is done now/

Gotta agree with this. I don't think I would mind this too much if this was 22 episodes but given all that's going on. This was unnecessary.

Why not have parts of this story moved further along? Why have Quinn find out David is the father now? Why not have David for peace of mind ask for her blessing to ask Lauren to marry him?

I know it's a TV Series. It's supposed to be show don't tell. But you can't show everything and you shouldn't show everything, Sometimes you just need to tell or imply and let the audience fill in the blanks. Much like how it could have been done with Lucas and Peyton over the years. They may seem like throwaway comments and you'll got WTF but set up properly they can kick start the imagination enough to get the extra detail and more importantly it's unique to each individual.

Edited on 03/01/2012 3:13am

stellarchick86

[15]Mar 1, 2012
    ^I completely agree. I also wanted to mention about David/Lauren....did Skills/Lauren hook up at some point but we just didnt see it onscreen? Because how else could Skills think the baby might have been his when they havent been together since s7, which wouldve been at least 2 years prior in Tree Hill time. Surely Skills cant think a woman can be pregnant for 2 years can he? LOL

Justlikeheaven_

[16]Mar 1, 2012
    good episode! I am obviously not the only one who was getting teary eyed during Haley's voiceover. Once it started i automatically started to get emotional.....even though we kinda already knew that it wasnt nathan under that sheet. I really liked the scene between Brooke and Haley. I am glad that Haley told Brooke that if it was nathan, she would have died right there. Only because there were some people who were believing it was Nathan after seeing the promo, but we all knew that Haley would have been a lot worse if it was really him.

I got SOOOO angry at that police officer when Haley barged into the place. I just can't believe he kept a straight face and literally lied to Haley saying that they are doing the best. BUT the stupid guy knows where he is!!!!! ugh. lol. I can't believe he didnt feel any sympathy when she broke down in tears....like really haha!

I loved seeing Deb back! Seeing her comfort haley and everything was great and that Deb/Dan scene, awesome! I actually think that she is supposed to be in one more episode i believe....which is great. Atleast we know that her return is better than Lucas'.

bronbrons27

[17]Mar 1, 2012
    I loved this episode too!

All of Julian/Dan scenes were great. I'm actually really liking their scenes together in every episode. Oh and when they showed they flashback scene of the drug dealer on the phone, it didn't even connect with me until now that he had said Dimitri on the phone, haha. We could have known earlier that he knew the assassin.

Brooke/Julian/Xavier - It was cute to see Julian sticking up for Brooke but meh... I don't think we really need to see this storyline AGAIN in the last season. I'd rather Brooke's parents come back and she have some kind of storyline with them.

Haley/Quinn - Like you guys have already said, Haley's voiceover was amazing. And it was great to hear about a Naley story that we don't already know of. And even though I already knew if was not Nathan under the sheet... Haley's reaction was so great. Joy's acting has been amazing this season.

I wish Chris had more scenes with Haley though. It'd be way better if he was helping her find Nathan, or even just comforting her. I'm glad that Tara seems to be gone though.

Clay - I'm glad this storyline is progressing a bit now too, I was actually getting pretty bored of just the therapy scenes. I'm really interested to know what happens with this storyline next week, and Quinn's reaction etc. And OMG Logan is so adorable. (But he looks nothing like Clay or Sara...).

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Chuck/Chase- I am enjoying this SL in general, but I wish they would've done it last season instead of dragging on the Mia/Alex triangle. But I did like it. It's nice that this season they seem to be dealing with real-life issues like this
    Yeah I agree with this! I'm actually liking this Chase/Chuck storyline. But I wish they would have done it last season instead, instead of them just hanging out and not doing much. But it is good to see them now with an actual real-life type storyline. And Chase sticking up for Chuck was actually so sweet. How badly did he hurt Chuck's dad though?? He had blood all over his face when he was in the police car. Oh and on a sidenote, I think they casted well with Chuck's dad, I actually thought he looked a lot like Chuck.

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I loved seeing Deb back! Seeing her comfort haley and everything was great and that Deb/Dan scene, awesome! I actually think that she is supposed to be in one more episode i believe....which is great. Atleast we know that her return is better than Lucas'.
    I agree with this too. Deb was one of the best parts of this episode. And the Deb/Dan scene, even though it was short, was just awesome!
    And yeah I think Deb is supposed to be in one more episode! I think in episode 11 or something. But even if that was her only episode, I would still say her return was better than Lucas's, lol.

I still can't believe there's only 5 episodes left..... I was just thinking though... James Lafferty is supposed to be in 7 episodes of the season and NOT be in 6 episodes right? Because he's only not been in 2 episodes so far this season. Which means he still has to not be in 4 episodes.... so does that mean the next time we see him is going to be in the series finale? That can't be right...

Justlikeheaven_

[19]Mar 1, 2012

bronbrons27 wrote:
    I still can't believe there's only 5 episodes left..... I was just thinking though... James Lafferty is supposed to be in 7 episodes of the season and NOT be in 6 episodes right? Because he's only not been in 2 episodes so far this season. Which means he still has to not be in 4 episodes.... so does that mean the next time we see him is going to be in the series finale? That can't be right...
    I believe that he has 2 more episodes to appear in. But i am a bit confused because i am not sure if that INCLUDES the series finale since James had to be asked to be a part of the finale.

***SPOILER***

Edited on 03/01/2012 1:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

addiction01

[20]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 5

I can't believe Logan is Clay's son!! SurprisedHow do you just forget all memory of your child? I find that interesting, also the drama that's going on with Brooke, Julian, and Xavier. And I'm looking foward to see what's going to happen with Chase and Chuck. The show's getting really good; I can't believe there's only a few more episodes leftCry