One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

9x08 "A Rush of Blood to the Head" Episode Discussion

Grade the ep

that70sshow2000

[41]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 15
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ I see what you're saying, I do. But on Clay's account, I do still think they are re-writing history a bit, in order to give Clay and Quinn a "family" before the end of the show (just not the conventional type of family, like Naley, Leyton and Brulian have). I don't have that much against it, as I do like Clay and Logan and the storyline, but I was just saying.

And I still think the Brathan sex tape is unnecessary re-writing of history. You're saying that Ryan/Teresa IS re-writing because it is giving new background info on a character, but isn't the Brathan sex tape basically the same thing? It's not giving us much background info on Nathan as we already knew he was an ass back then, but it IS giving us new background info on Brooke, saying that she slept with Peyton's "boyfriend" long before she kissed Lucas. (Which I still think was a ridiculous way to try and make the girls "even" but whatever). It doesn't really matter that much anyway, I was just talking about Clay/Logan, Brathan was just another example.

No, I didn't day the Ryan Teresa thing is rewriting history. I was rhetorically asking you to prove a point about Brathan/Clay much like I did with asking the same Q about finding out Dan wanted the abortion.

Although @StellarChick, I have heard similar arguments to regarding RT such as "I thought Ryan didn't do girlfriends and only slept around" but that's around debate.

Back to @bronbrons27, It is totally plausible and realistic that Brathan could've slept together soph year.
    Fans act like with that SL Mark did a complete or even a slight change in their personalties just to cater to that one SL. the sex tape fits into their personalities just fine, and does not change anything that was established about them in s1-4.

Now if it were about Lucas Haley... Or two other characters who didn't fit into the one night stand mold then that would be Mark changing previously written facts to cater to a SL he wanted to do.

But from s1, the very beginning, before Mark knew what SLs would be in s4 or that there'd even be a s4, it was established that Brooke frequented bars, drank like a fish every weekend, had casual sex every weekend to the point of her running into one of her previous one night stands and totally forgetting she knew him at all. And that took place also in s1. Likewise since s1 it was established that Nathan was not a good bf, to say the least flirted with other girls, he'll remember in the very Pilot when he is driving the bus that cheerleader being all over him and him welcoming it to say the least.

Peyton just breaking up w him, being drunk off his ass as well as Brooke, and the two at the time bring known for this type of behavior there's just nothing non plausible about this SL.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bronbrons27

[42]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 14
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    Back to @bronbrons27, It is totally plausible and realistic that Brathan could've slept together soph year.
    Fans act like with that SL Mark did a complete or even a slight change in their personalties just to cater to that one SL. the sex tape fits into their personalities just fine, and does not change anything that was established about them in s1-4.

Now if it were about Lucas Haley... Or two other characters who didn't fit into the one night stand mold then that would be Mark changing previously written facts to cater to a SL he wanted to do.

But from s1, the very beginning, before Mark knew what SLs would be in s4 or that there'd even be a s4, it was established that Brooke frequented bars, drank like a fish every weekend, had casual sex every weekend to the point of her running into one of her previous one night stands and totally forgetting she knew him at all. And that took place also in s1. Likewise since s1 it was established that Nathan was not a good bf, to say the least flirted with other girls, he'll remember in the very Pilot when he is driving the bus that cheerleader being all over him and him welcoming it to say the least.

Peyton just breaking up w him, being drunk off his ass as well as Brooke, and the two at the time bring known for this type of behavior there's just nothing non plausible about this SL.
    I wasn't saying that it wasn't plausible for Brooke and Nathan to sleep together. I do agree that it was completely plausible, and fit into their personalities at the time, for the reasons you just said. I was just saying that it was unnecessary re-writing, in order to make Brooke and Peyton "even". In my opinion, Brooke should just have forgiven Peyton (not at first, but say after the psycho Derek stuff on prom night or something), and they didn't need to show that Brooke had slept with Nathan to make it seem like Brooke had done something just as bad way before Peyton kissed Lucas.

stellarchick86

[43]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^Completely agree. Its not that its not within their personalities, I just find it hard to believe that they could block it out for 2 whole years, so they wouldnt have mentioned it to anyone. I know Brooke and Nathan get around, but sleeping with your best friend's ex-bf/ex's BFF is something that you would remember for 2 years, a stranger not so much. I enjoyed it from an entertainment standpoint, but it seemed like they threw it in to make the girls even and was pretty contrived. Not as contrived as this Logan SL, but still lol

Justlikeheaven_

[44]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 33
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I know Brooke and Nathan get around, but sleeping with your best friend's ex-bf/ex's BFF is something that you would remember for 2 years, a stranger not so much. I enjoyed it from an entertainment standpoint, but it seemed like they threw it in to make the girls even and was pretty contrived.

Oh, yeah i agree. Something like that you wouldnt be able to forget. Even if Brooke was supposedly super drunk the night they slept together. Like you said, i think it was a way for Peyton and Brooke to become even because of the whole Brooke Lucas thing,eventhoughthe sex tape happened before it. I think it was just a way to make Brooke look bad at THAT moment, because Brooke made a huge deal about Peyton kissing Lucas. It's just weird though because it took Brooke such a long time to forgive Peyton for kissing Lucas, I always wonder how Peyton would have reacted if she found out about the take BEFORE Nathan and Haley were together. I always think would she have been as angry as Brooke was when Peyton kissed Lucas? because it's not like Nathan and Peyton were really together, when they were together. lol. If that makes sense.

TreeHill_89

[45]Mar 4, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I know Brooke and Nathan get around, but sleeping with your best friend's ex-bf/ex's BFF is something that you would remember for 2 years, a stranger not so much. I enjoyed it from an entertainment standpoint, but it seemed like they threw it in to make the girls even and was pretty contrived.

Oh, yeah i agree. Something like that you wouldnt be able to forget. Even if Brooke was supposedly super drunk the night they slept together. Like you said, i think it was a way for Peyton and Brooke to become even because of the whole Brooke Lucas thing,eventhoughthe sex tape happened before it. I think it was just a way to make Brooke look bad at THAT moment, because Brooke made a huge deal about Peyton kissing Lucas. It's just weird though because it took Brooke such a long time to forgive Peyton for kissing Lucas, I always wonder how Peyton would have reacted if she found out about the take BEFORE Nathan and Haley were together. I always think would she have been as angry as Brooke was when Peyton kissed Lucas? because it's not like Nathan and Peyton were really together, when they were together. lol. If that makes sense.

I agree, I loved the entertainment aspect of it even after when Haley asked Nathan how many people he slept with lol. Nathan/Brooke combo isn't random for me because they were both popular and had the same circle of friends so for them to get together I can see what they did there. However yeah I agree it was too add more drama between Peyton and Brooke and it was Peyton's turn to be angry at Brooke. First half of S4 was Brooke against Peyton, then second half was Peyton against Brooke lol. Either way, Peyton would have been angry even before Naley, they were always on/off but still together.

that70sshow2000

[46]Mar 4, 2012
    In s2 finale Nathan had a sex dream about Brooke and was uncomfortable around her. That was probably him subconsciously remembering but not on the surface. The sex dream was also his subconscious remembering.

stellarchick86

[47]Mar 4, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I always wonder how Peyton would have reacted if she found out about the take BEFORE Nathan and Haley were together. I always think would she have been as angry as Brooke was when Peyton kissed Lucas?

She wouldve been extremely mad. She was mad enough at Brooke when it was 2 years later and all this other drama happened between them during the meantime. But if it just happened? She wouldve been really mad.
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    In s2 finale Nathan had a sex dream about Brooke and was uncomfortable around her. That was probably him subconsciously remembering but not on the surface. The sex dream was also his subconscious remembering.

Could be, but theyve also alluded to the fact that B/N never happened before the sextape as well. For example, Nathan has a towel around his waste and Brooke takes it off, during s2, and Peyton laughs and says "yeah but its so much better when you havent seen it before", and Brooke ofc never says anything. Youd think that would jog her memory, at least a little bit. Also, when Haley tells Brooke about Nathan getting the motorcycle, Brooke says "well most guys get motorcycles because they are compensating for...you know, but Nathan wears size 13s so!" so obviously Brooke never mentioned how shes seen it there either. It was just a last minute throw-in during s4 to get the girls mad at each other one last time.

Justlikeheaven_

[48]Mar 5, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

Oh, maybe. It's a possibility. But I don't think that it was anything to do with the sextape though. Like Stellar said, i think it was just a last minute thing that they thought up in season 4 to get Peyton and Brooke mad at each other. ESPECIALLY since at the time that the sex tape was revealed, their friendship was on thin ice.

Justlikeheaven_

[49]Mar 5, 2012
    I wasnt sure if anyone else posted it, but here is a clay/quinn sneak peak clip for 9x09, wednesdays episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4v1e44i_c

that70sshow2000

[50]Mar 5, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

Oh, maybe. It's a possibility. But I don't think that it was anything to do with the sextape though. Like Stellar said, i think it was just a last minute thing that they thought up in season 4 to get Peyton and Brooke mad at each other. ESPECIALLY since at the time that the sex tape was revealed, their friendship was on thin ice.

Haha oh I was just using that s2 thing as an irony thing, that it could be explained that the sextant wasn't out of the blue bc there were "hints" in prior seasons leading to it; like Nathan having and being uncomfortable about telling of his sex dream.

But no I def don't think it was planned at all. Just a new s4 SL they thought of. But I still liked it, but I just like seeing new flashbacks to events/a time that we didn't know the characters yet... Kinda like on The OC when they flashed back to the 6th grade, sandy and Kirsten meeting in college etc, for example, or seeing Dan and Keith as kids etc.

Anyway I just thought of something in regards to Laurens pregnancy. I was on YouTube looking at the sneak peaks for 9.09 and one of the comments said how they should've made Skills the father and not even put David in be mix.

I totally agree. IF, IF they had to make Lauren pregnant it would've been 100% better if skills was the father. At least skills has background with the show and isn't just some one time guest appearance no one gives a flip about.

Plus skills has been there since day one really so he does deserve some kind of storyline for the last season. I mean not anything huge or even an arc but this prehnancy thing would've been perfect for him. I'd rather see kinda what the future will bold for skills or vice the character some closure or whatever over freaking David who could jump off a bridge and I'd be fine with it.

stellarchick86

[51]Mar 5, 2012
    ^Lol. I actually completely agree with that. As you said, Skills deserves more of a SL than David. I think they were just doing it because 1. the 2 actors are married/having a baby in real life and 2. to cause some tension because of Skills and Quinn, but the problem is that the tension lasted for what, 2 minutes? And then thats it. Its not like Quinn and Skills are going to grow close over it, thinking its odd, and we will never see David and Lauren again Im sure so...what was the point? And since Quinn/Clay are now going to have a family with Logan, and Im sure M/M will get married and eventually have a baby, that leaves Skills, so. Plus I would find this interesting to do because it would show how mature and grown-up Skills has become to be the father of the kid since it wasnt like it was planned and they were in love like all of the other kids on the show. It couldve actually been good character development for Skills, instead of just being the comedic relief all the time, as well as let him have a happy ending as well.
    Edited on 03/05/2012 2:08pm

stellarchick86

[52]Mar 5, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I wasnt sure if anyone else posted it, but here is a clay/quinn sneak peak clip for 9x09, wednesdays episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4v1e44i_c

Ahh I completely forgot to make the thread. Thanks for putting this up! Ill go do it now.

LeytonTLA

[53]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 16
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Lol. I actually completely agree with that. As you said, Skills deserves more of a SL than David. I think they were just doing it because 1. the 2 actors are married/having a baby in real life and 2. to cause some tension because of Skills and Quinn, but the problem is that the tension lasted for what, 2 minutes? And then thats it. Its not like Quinn and Skills are going to grow close over it, thinking its odd, and we will never see David and Lauren again Im sure so...what was the point? And since Quinn/Clay are now going to have a family with Logan, and Im sure M/M will get married and eventually have a baby, that leaves Skills, so. Plus I would find this interesting to do because it would show how mature and grown-up Skills has become to be the father of the kid since it wasnt like it was planned and they were in love like all of the other kids on the show. It couldve actually been good character development for Skills, instead of just being the comedic relief all the time, as well as let him have a happy ending as well.

I agree with this, it should of just been skills, but i am thinking maybe they made it david so quinn would have someone to talk to when clay brings logan home and she has to raise him? Maybe they want her and david to confide in each other about kids and maybe about why they didnt have any of there own ... unless he's just in it for that one episode then its completely even more ridiculous

Also i think the debate about the sex tape SL is over but i just wanted to comment that, brooke did remember and so did nathan , they chose to not ever talk about it or tell anyone most likely from a guilty conscience, brooke says to him 'so that did happen i always kinda thought of it as a bad dream' and he says 'nope it happened' and she says 'well you would know you have it on tape' he says 'ive never watched it to be honest i forgot i had it' as in had the tape i imagine, and haley says to brooke 'were you ever going to tell me about you nathan ever' and brooke says 'honestly no' (of course this is the best of my memory not word for word) but my point is that i dont think they forgot about it for two years and i agree it makes sense that those two characters back then would have most likely slept together
    Also regarding the oc and ryan and teresa EVERYTIME i watch that episode im like WHY didnt he go stay with her then ... she only lived NEXT door ... i do find it a little bit hard to believe that he never contacted her though

stellarchick86

[54]Mar 5, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    I agree with this, it should of just been skills, but i am thinking maybe they made it david so quinn would have someone to talk to when clay brings logan home and she has to raise him? Maybe they want her and david to confide in each other about kids and maybe about why they didnt have any of there own ... unless he's just in it for that one episode then its completely even more ridiculous

I thought about that too, and it would make sense, but I got the impression that it was just for that one ep. I could be wrong though, Im not too spoiled on guest stars this season.
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    Also i think the debate about the sex tape SL is over but i just wanted to comment that, brooke did remember and so did nathan , they chose to not ever talk about it or tell anyone most likely from a guilty conscience, brooke says to him 'so that did happen i always kinda thought of it as a bad dream' and he says 'nope it happened' and she says 'well you would know you have it on tape' he says 'ive never watched it to be honest i forgot i had it' as in had the tape i imagine, and haley says to brooke 'were you ever going to tell me about you nathan ever' and brooke says 'honestly no' (of course this is the best of my memory not word for word) but my point is that i dont think they forgot about it for two years and i agree it makes sense that those two characters back then would have most likely slept together

I remember them saying that to each other and Im sure they surpressed it, but IDK just seems like it would be a hard thing to just forget and move on from. Nathan maybe, but not Brooke. IDK, I just enjoyed the SL from the sense that it was character development for Brooke to see how much she changed in those 2 years ("I have a lot of skeletons in my closet and apparently, half of them are naked") but it just seemed...a little unbelievable to me.
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    Also regarding the oc and ryan and teresa EVERYTIME i watch that episode im like WHY didnt he go stay with her then ... she only lived NEXT door ... i do find it a little bit hard to believe that he never contacted her though

Yeah. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they were out for the night but I would think between her, her mom and Arturo (the brother) ONE of them wouldve been home to let him in (mainly the mom, since I guess you can assume Arturo would be out with his 'boys' on a Friday night or something and Teresa may have had other friends. Maybe he would feel like he was putting the mom out? I dont know).

LeytonTLA

[55]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 16
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

I thought about that too, and it would make sense, but I got the impression that it was just for that one ep. I could be wrong though, Im not too spoiled on guest stars this season.
    LeytonTLA wrote:

I remember them saying that to each other and Im sure they surpressed it, but IDK just seems like it would be a hard thing to just forget and move on from. Nathan maybe, but not Brooke. IDK, I just enjoyed the SL from the sense that it was character development for Brooke to see how much she changed in those 2 years ("I have a lot of skeletons in my closet and apparently, half of them are naked") but it just seemed...a little unbelievable to me.
    LeytonTLA wrote:

Yeah. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they were out for the night but I would think between her, her mom and Arturo (the brother) ONE of them wouldve been home to let him in (mainly the mom, since I guess you can assume Arturo would be out with his 'boys' on a Friday night or something and Teresa may have had other friends. Maybe he would feel like he was putting the mom out? I dont know).

Yeah i always assumed he would of climbed through her window or something but its one of those things that i guess you cant read into to much

with brooke i guess maybe its a little unbelievable but i do think she was probably that bad back then, but in her head especially drunk it probably didnt seem as bad cos peyton and nathan were broken up and she was drunk and yes its not an excuse but she probably would of told peyton but i imagine she got back together with nathan reallyquick after so she felt like it wasnt worth bringing up...

bronbrons27

[56]Mar 5, 2012

stellarchick86 wrote:

Yeah I completely agree with what you guys have all been saying about Skills/Lauren/David too. It would have been SO much better if Skills was the father, that way he could have had an actual storyline this season, and not just jumped between everyone else's. It would also show how much Skills has matured, and he's great with kids (I loved his scenes with Jamie in season 5 and 6!), and Skills and Lauren were not horrible together either. I preferred Skills and Bevin in the high school days, though.

***SPOILER***

Like you said though Stellar, I definitely think they made it David as the actors that play David and Lauren are married and having a baby in real life, but still, it's pretty pointless bringing back David now. I never liked him in season 7, I don't think the guy is a very good actor. And surely Lauren would have known he was Quinn's ex-husband?! Getting together/having a baby with your freind's ex-boyfriend, not so bad (I mean, Peyton did it), but your friend's ex-husband? Hmmm...

stellarchick86

[57]Mar 5, 2012
    I completely agree, Brons! and
    ***SPOILER***
    Edited on 03/05/2012 10:02pm

that70sshow2000

[58]Mar 6, 2012
    [spoiler] wooow I didn't even know Bevin returns:O now it's ok skills isn't the father and I know why mark didn't do that now. Although it is random in the sense that it shows what a lack of a SL skills has had the past 5 seasons and so now mark being desperate to give skills a decent ending brings back a 6 old season character for him lol. It'd be like bringing back shelly for mouth but they don't need to do that since mouth has had a SL

But it's still awesomeeee and I'm curious what SL theyll bring her back with and how they'll get back together [/*SPOILER]

And Ryan/Teresa, I never thought of that aspect of it; I was just he said he doesn't do gfs yet he has a gf back home but that can be chalked up to being a gf like growing up together knowing everything about each other and being off and on.

But even if he did go next door and they weren't home why would he later entertain the idea if going with sandy and not just waiting for them to get back? I can see him not staying outside their house bc it's right next door but you'd think he'd tell sandy oh I'm just waiting for some friends to get home.

And what's especially a plot hole is when kirstin doesn't let him stay and so he has sandy bring him to that one guys house i forget who it was. Why wouldn't he say being me to my friends teresas. It is in ryans personality to be the type to not wanna impose on people as we saw with the cohens but either way he would be imposing on someone so you'd think he'd chose his childhood friend and gf Teresa.

I guess deep down Ryan wanted the royal treatment bc he did have an alternative; only that alternative didn't have an infinite pool and his own pool house.

bronbrons27

[59]Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah about Skills:

***SPOILER***

Justlikeheaven_

[60]Mar 6, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Yeah about Skills:

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***