One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

9x08 "A Rush of Blood to the Head" Episode Discussion

Grade the ep

  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [61]Mar 6, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Knowing the writers, Im sure they forgot all about "Nathan" LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [62]Mar 6, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Yeah about Skills:


    ***SPOILER***



    ***SPOILER***



    ***SPOILER***
    And sorta off topic but I actually wish mouth and Lauren ended up together. I know I'm in the extreme minority but ML had a different dynamic than MM. In a good way, it felt diff between ML. IMO, ML were more hot, firey...MM are sorta blah IMO. Ive liked their SLs over the years but as far as chemistry ML have them beat. Maybe it's the actors, but MM just remind me of a stereotypical old married couple you see in sitcoms... when the passion and heat is dead. I picture MM and ML kissing and ML are like bam wow firey.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [63]Mar 6, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Knowing the writers, Im sure they forgot all about "Nathan" LOL



    ***SPOILER***
    ^which is why I always wonder if "NEAGON" (Nathan and REAGAN) would've been a Naley had the other actress been casted as Hakey (Reagon).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [64]Mar 6, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Completely agree on everything you just said (except I like M/M together because they are cute, or at least they were in s5/6, they kind of ruined them in s7 onwards. Lauren I just like as a friend to the girls/a teacher, I dont really care who she ends up with. I just liked her with Skills if they couldnt bring Bevin back and I didnt care for him and Deb at all).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of quintex96

    quintex96

    [65]Mar 6, 2012
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 666

    Mouth and Lauren didn't work at all, they weren't ho and fiery, just frigid and incredibly akward, thank god that storyline didn't last very long. I also don't see how MM are "sterotypical" at all, they don't look anything like the couples you usually see in sitcoms, for one thing in those showsit's usually a fat, bald guy who loves sports and beermarried to a gorgeous thin girl who was always popular in high school.

    Edited on 03/06/2012 11:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [66]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    ^which is why I always wonder if "NEAGON" (Nathan and REAGAN) would've been a Naley had the other actress been casted as Hakey (Reagon).


    Yeah, i have always wondered that too. And in a way, if they had cast that actress to be Reagan, i don't think it would have been a Naley. IMO, I think Lucas and her would have gotten together or something like that. It's kinda funny though that as actors and actresses, even being not technically together as a couple, each has their own chemistry....good or bad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeytonTLA

    LeytonTLA

    [67]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 06/18/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,918
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    ^which is why I always wonder if "NEAGON" (Nathan and REAGAN) would've been a Naley had the other actress been casted as Hakey (Reagon).


    Yeah, i have always wondered that too. And in a way, if they had cast that actress to be Reagan, i don't think it would have been a Naley. IMO, I think Lucas and her would have gotten together or something like that. It's kinda funny though that as actors and actresses, even being not technically together as a couple, each has their own chemistry....good or bad.


    i think nathan was gonna be with lucas' best friend no matter who the character was played by but it probably wouldnt of lasted this long if it wasnt joy and james they probably would of put them together for a few eps maybe
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [68]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    quintex96 wrote:

    Mouth and Lauren didn't work at all, they weren't ho and fiery, just frigid and incredibly akward, thank god that storyline didn't last very long. I also don't see how MM are "sterotypical" at all, they don't look anything like the couples you usually see in sitcoms, for one thing in those showsit's usually a fat, bald guy who loves sports and beermarried to a gorgeous thin girl who was always popular in high school.



    Lol I didn't say anything about looks. I said sitcom stereotypical being the heat and passion being dead. Looks are moot, as I said I referring to chemistry.

    And they looked awkward sometimes bc they knew SL were still together, and Lauren kissed him on a whim unexpectedly. But they def had better chemistry than MM. MM really have no sparks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [69]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    ^which is why I always wonder if "NEAGON" (Nathan and REAGAN) would've been a Naley had the other actress been casted as Hakey (Reagon).


    Yeah, i have always wondered that too. And in a way, if they had cast that actress to be Reagan, i don't think it would have been a Naley. IMO, I think Lucas and her would have gotten together or something like that. It's kinda funny though that as actors and actresses, even being not technically together as a couple, each has their own chemistry....good or bad.


    i think nathan was gonna be with lucas' best friend no matter who the character was played by but it probably wouldnt of lasted this long if it wasnt joy and james they probably would of put them together for a few eps maybe


    No, not necessarily (referring to nathan getting together regardless with Lucas' "best friend").

    Maybe N would've pursued her regardless for that SL sake of messing with Lucas but if the chemistry wasn't there Mark wouldn't have made them an official couple and or kept that SL going.

    I'm like in the high 90s % sure in the early seasons DVD commentaries Mark has said how much actor chemistry and audience reaction depends on a SL and pursuing it. So if Samantha and James just weren't having it surely Mark would went another way.

    Imagine how different that'd be. Lucas would be the only other person Reagon would be with so I wonder how the SL would've went in terms of Nathan romantically.

    It'd be a different show. No Naley, no Chris Keller, no music/tour SL in s2, the list goes on; it's weird to think about.
    By the same token, what if Chad did the OC and Ben did OTH like originally offered to them? Would we have had a Lucas for the past 3 seasons?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [70]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    The latter would suck simply bc Adam and Ben as Seth and Ryan are the best "couple" EVER.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [71]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

    It'd be a different show. No Naley, no Chris Keller, no music/tour SL in s2, the list goes on; it's weird to think about.


    It is weird to think about because im sure the actress who was supposed to play Reagan doesn't sing, and Joy does. And if you think about it, even if there was a Peyton red bedroom records storyline, i dont think it would have turned out as good because Haley singing storyline in season 2 played a big part on how things turned out in the following seasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [72]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Completely agree on everything you just said (except I like M/M together because they are cute, or at least they were in s5/6, they kind of ruined them in s7 onwards. Lauren I just like as a friend to the girls/a teacher, I dont really care who she ends up with. I just liked her with Skills if they couldnt bring Bevin back and I didnt care for him and Deb at all).
    Yeah I agree as well. Mouth and Lauren actually weren't bad together though. I liked Lauren/Skills and Lauren/Mouth, just not as a love triangle. And I definitely think Mouth/Millie were best in seasons 5 and 6. I still like them now, but they were way better then.
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    I'm like in the high 90s % sure in the early seasons DVD commentaries Mark has said how much actor chemistry and audience reaction depends on a SL and pursuing it. So if Samantha and James just weren't having it surely Mark would went another way.

    Imagine how different that'd be. Lucas would be the only other person Reagon would be with so I wonder how the SL would've went in terms of Nathan romantically.

    It'd be a different show. No Naley, no Chris Keller, no music/tour SL in s2, the list goes on; it's weird to think about.
    By the same token, what if Chad did the OC and Ben did OTH like originally offered to them? Would we have had a Lucas for the past 3 seasons?
    About Haley/Reagan - I've watched a youtube video that compares both characters/actresses, and I gotta say, I'm SO glad Joy was cast in the end. Haley was so much more likable than Reagan. I can't imagine Samantha and James having great chemistry, but maybe that's because we haven't really seen them together. Joy and James seem a lot cuter though.

    And about Ben/Chad - I can see Ben playing Lucas, but not Chad playing Ryan, if that makes sense lol. But yeah we probably would have had a Lucas for the past three seasons if they had cast them that way! Also, Sophia and Chad would probably never have married as they met on the set of OTH. And I agree, Adam/Ben were great as Seth/Ryan. I can't see them being as awesome if it was Adam/Chad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [73]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

    It'd be a different show. No Naley, no Chris Keller, no music/tour SL in s2, the list goes on; it's weird to think about.


    It is weird to think about because im sure the actress who was supposed to play Reagan doesn't sing, and Joy does. And if you think about it, even if there was a Peyton red bedroom records storyline, i dont think it would have turned out as good because Haley singing storyline in season 2 played a big part on how things turned out in the following seasons.


    i never understood I knew Haley replaced Regan but was she suppose to be the same character like Lucas best friend? etc. Or were they different characters?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [74]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

    It'd be a different show. No Naley, no Chris Keller, no music/tour SL in s2, the list goes on; it's weird to think about.


    It is weird to think about because im sure the actress who was supposed to play Reagan doesn't sing, and Joy does. And if you think about it, even if there was a Peyton red bedroom records storyline, i dont think it would have turned out as good because Haley singing storyline in season 2 played a big part on how things turned out in the following seasons.


    i never understood I knew Haley replaced Regan but was she suppose to be the same character like Lucas best friend? etc. Or were they different characters?


    Reagan was still the "Haley" in the friendship with Lucas. Just different actress and character's name. But if there was no Joy and we had the character Regan, i don't think that it would have turned out the way it did. I dont think that Regan would have ended up to be Nathan's wife and true love.I have this clip of the unaired pilot and you see the differences between the Regan girl and Haley. And you'll see what i mean.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8fBzEoPFUA

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [75]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

    It'd be a different show. No Naley, no Chris Keller, no music/tour SL in s2, the list goes on; it's weird to think about.


    It is weird to think about because im sure the actress who was supposed to play Reagan doesn't sing, and Joy does. And if you think about it, even if there was a Peyton red bedroom records storyline, i dont think it would have turned out as good because Haley singing storyline in season 2 played a big part on how things turned out in the following seasons.


    i never understood I knew Haley replaced Regan but was she suppose to be the same character like Lucas best friend? etc. Or were they different characters?


    Reagan was still the "Haley" in the friendship with Lucas. Just different actress and character's name. But if there was no Joy and we had the character Regan, i don't think that it would have turned out the way it did. I dont think that Regan would have ended up to be Nathan's wife and true love.I have this clip of the unaired pilot and you see the differences between the Regan girl and Haley. And you'll see what i mean.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8fBzEoPFUA



    Seeing that BJG is my favourite actress on the show and Haley is my favourite character i'm so glad they went with Haley!!. the chemistry between Chad/Joy is so real on screen (and there real close friends in real life), Haley is more likeable you can tell straight away and from the link i only saw a min lol. BJG is so much better not saying anyway wrong about Reagan's acting but not everyone is suited to a character. And yes, there is no way I could have seen Reagan/Nathan together!! The show wouldn't have been the same without Joy or Haley.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [76]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I remember in one of the episode commentaries Mark saying that he prolonged Naley because of the auidence's reactions and how much they liked them. So I think maybe he had planned for Haley/Reagan and Nathan, but Naley ended up wining because of the actors.

    Maybe its just me, but I got the impression that Regan was supposed to be Lucas' BFF but she was more edgy and less goody-goody than Haley. Could be wrong though.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [77]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    Idk if Samantha's portrayal was off or if that's how Mark wanted her. She does seem more edgy. We would have to know if Reagon and Haley were the same characters just literally different names or if Mark had a different personality for Reagon.

    If you can see the YouTube link comparing joy and Samantha, watch the scene with H, L, and K/RLK in then cafe where they give Lucas the book.
    From the point from "well I found it, I mean I wasn't looking.." and hen something about damsons creek, to the end when she looks at K, "well give him the book." Joys portrayal is so much more bubbly ane upbeat.

    So maybe Haley was supposed to be bubbly type and Reagon was supposed to be more like Lucas, brooch personality kind of bc Reagon did seem more like that in the portrayal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [78]Mar 7, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Good point. I really dont know. But Joy is the much better actress. When they have to do the "dude what is up!" scene with the crows, Joy actually looked scared for a brief moment where as Samantha was like "oh...yeah..crows...umm". It didnt seem very believable. Also, Joy is much better at doing that fast-talking thing than Samantha. She seemed like it was too hard to get all of the words out. Also think her and Chad have much better chemistry. Either way, Im glad they changed it, not only because of the actress, but because we already had Lucas and Peyton who were broody (and I guess you can say Nathan too, to an extent) but they needed someone upbeat and cheery like Haley, someone more relatable and I dont think Reagen was it. Man I cant imagine Reagen but no Haley or Brooke. I def. wouldnt have watched this show LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [79]Mar 8, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Good point. I really dont know. But Joy is the much better actress. When they have to do the "dude what is up!" scene with the crows, Joy actually looked scared for a brief moment where as Samantha was like "oh...yeah..crows...umm". It didnt seem very believable. Also, Joy is much better at doing that fast-talking thing than Samantha. She seemed like it was too hard to get all of the words out. Also think her and Chad have much better chemistry. Either way, Im glad they changed it, not only because of the actress, but because we already had Lucas and Peyton who were broody (and I guess you can say Nathan too, to an extent) but they needed someone upbeat and cheery like Haley, someone more relatable and I dont think Reagen was it. Man I cant imagine Reagen but no Haley or Brooke. I def. wouldnt have watched this show LOL


    Yeah. Joy is a much better actress.. I am glad that they chose Joy instead of that Samantha girl. When i watch it, you notice the line when Haley says she is so clumsy and she had her butt in the air and blah blah blah. And then she's like okay too graphic. The line is actually totally different in the Reagan scene. It's something nasty about a cut or something like that.The comparison video is great because you see the differences between them. I don't know whether Mark had a different vision of what their personalities will be like, but Joy/Haley is much more upbeat. And much better with making the sarcasm real. When Reagan is talking about the sticky pages, it doesnt even seem like she is trying. It just feels like "oh, yeah im trying to be sarcastic but, look the pages are sticky, like i care"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeytonTLA

    LeytonTLA

    [80]Mar 8, 2012
    • member since: 06/18/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,918
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    ^which is why I always wonder if "NEAGON" (Nathan and REAGAN) would've been a Naley had the other actress been casted as Hakey (Reagon).


    Yeah, i have always wondered that too. And in a way, if they had cast that actress to be Reagan, i don't think it would have been a Naley. IMO, I think Lucas and her would have gotten together or something like that. It's kinda funny though that as actors and actresses, even being not technically together as a couple, each has their own chemistry....good or bad.


    i think nathan was gonna be with lucas' best friend no matter who the character was played by but it probably wouldnt of lasted this long if it wasnt joy and james they probably would of put them together for a few eps maybe


    No, not necessarily (referring to nathan getting together regardless with Lucas' "best friend").

    Maybe N would've pursued her regardless for that SL sake of messing with Lucas but if the chemistry wasn't there Mark wouldn't have made them an official couple and or kept that SL going.

    I'm like in the high 90s % sure in the early seasons DVD commentaries Mark has said how much actor chemistry and audience reaction depends on a SL and pursuing it. So if Samantha and James just weren't having it surely Mark would went another way.

    Imagine how different that'd be. Lucas would be the only other person Reagon would be with so I wonder how the SL would've went in terms of Nathan romantically.

    It'd be a different show. No Naley, no Chris Keller, no music/tour SL in s2, the list goes on; it's weird to think about.
    By the same token, what if Chad did the OC and Ben did OTH like originally offered to them? Would we have had a Lucas for the past 3 seasons?


    Thats pretty much what i meant, that nathan was always gonna pursue lucas' best friend for the story but they most liklely wouldnt have kept them together the way they did with naley because the chemistry might not have been right, i completely agree about ben and seth, they are the ultimate 'couple' there friendship is brilliant, i agree as well about joy and samantha is it? Joy just seemed to fit into the role perfectly whereas this girl seemed like she didnt really want to be there anyway, its interesting how they still kept that one little scene with her at the end after lucas' wins the game on the rivercourt, guess they couldnt be bothered to reshoot that scene
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.