What did you think of this episode?

stellarchick86

[1]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 32

Season: 9

Episode: 10

Original Airdate: March 14, 2012

Episode Title: "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will"

Episode Summary: "BROOKE FINDS HERSELF IN A LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION - Dan (Paul Johansson), Julian (Austin Nichols) and Chris Keller (Tyler Hilton) attempt to rescue Nathan (James Lafferty). Brooke's conflict with Xavier (guest star Devin McGee) escalates. Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) and Clay (Robert Buckley) revisit the past.

Promo clip (Julian/Chris/Dan): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkl_XmxkZA&feature=related

Preview clip (Tara/Brooke): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw386jxXpzQ (thanks Justlikeheaven!)

Promo clip with into by Mark Schwahn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMOIx8ftuo&feature=related (thanks Justlikeheaven!)

Discuss!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Mar 14, 2012

Dan/CK/Julian- I loved everything about the 3 of them (and Dan/CK) together. This was my favorite part of the whole season. Glad that Dan let Julian go in the end, he does have more important things to worry about. Its not like his kids are full-grown or anything, they are just babies. OMG! I love Chris with that airbag! Haha. D@mn- look at Dan with that gun!! Wouldn't Nathan be way too dehydrated to be able to do much of anything, even just speak, let alone walk? How long has he been kidnapped? Wow, Dan dying in Nathan's arms was insane! I find it hard to believe that guy wouldn't just shoot Nathan though. Julian coming in at the end seemed a bit contrived though

Brooke/Tara- Chelsea Kane really needs acting lessons. She is awful. I had to laugh at her big confrontation with Brooke and her "wow, that guy really is creepy!". Sophia just blows her away. I'm just annoyed that they aren't giving Brooke more to do than just stand around her café pensively. Okay any other time Brooke parks in front of the café but now all of a sudden she has to walk through parking lots and stuff? Huh? Wow- that scene with Brooke/Xavier in the parking lot was pretty intense. It seemed like if she had not gotten away from her that he would've raped her or something which kind of answers my question about I always kind of wondered why he didn't in s6. Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously glad he didn't, I was just surprised that he didn't because he seems like that kind of guy. Glad at the end that Tara and Brooke didn't automatically become BFFs again since it was reminiscent of when Peyton/Brooke sat on the steps after Psycho Derek attacked but at least they were BFFs to start with.

Haley- Loved that they included that scene about her wanting to be alone from after her mother died. It's a natural thing to start thinking about; take others for granted, etc when they disappear. I LOVE the scene with her watching the press conference. Joy is amazing. Grr, my tivo cut-off after Haley picked up the phone. What happened- did it stop with her saying hello?

Clay/Quinn- I wish they would've done more regarding the Logan SL. I mean they only have a few more episodes left and it's going to take some adjustment. Anyway, I love Clay's scene with Sara's grave, it's great to give Robert something more to do like that. He's a good actor. I found it weird that there were no dates on the gravestone though lol. So much death on this show, I just realized, it seems like every 2-3 episodes someone is at the cemetery LOL

The only big complaint I have about this episode is that there was no continuity with Xavier from last week. So he went in their house, held the baby and then left? It wasn't even like he did it while they were awake, he did it while they were sleeping, so what was the point really? It was all for show, sort of like when Katie starts singing and staring into the camera, which annoys me

Anyway, overall, a lot of stuff going on, but it was a very good episode. Probably my favorite this season. I'd give it a 9.5-10/10.

stellarchick86

[3]Mar 15, 2012

Heres the promo for next week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTy7p2Tj6s&feature=related.

It looks like its going to be pretty awesome. I love Dan almost as much as I love Brooke so its going to be awesome to basically see an episode about him. I was afraid that he was just going to be dead from the next episode onwards and start off with a funeral or something. Its good to get more closure with him.

Edited on 03/15/2012 12:05am

Justlikeheaven_

[4]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 33
    This episode was SERIOUSLY amazing, amazing amazing!!!!! I think my favorite so far for the season. I am sure that will change once next week comes along because there will be a Naley reunion....lol!! Anyway though, everything about this episode had me literally jumping up and down through the episode. The Chris/Dan/Julian scenes were great and Chris and Dan's humor is just priceless. Loved how chris said his signature exit line as he left the scene. Made me smile.

I am not going to write a full review of the episode on the thread, but i really really liked the Haley scenes too. Like you said stellar, i liked how they included the scene of her saying she wanted to be alone (after her mom died) and then real time haley looked down at the floor. It felt like she was now feeling that even though she said that she wanted to be alone, she didnt really want to be alone. I loved how she watched the press conference thing too. It had me tear up a bit.

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Grr, my tivo cut-off after Haley picked up the phone. What happened- did it stop with her saying hello?

No biggie. The episode ended as she picked up the phone. It''s driving me crazy. I want to know whether it was Julian, Nathan, or the police on the other end....What do you think???

Justlikeheaven_

[5]Mar 15, 2012
    Heres an amazing sneak peek for next weeks episode!! Brooke is like "batman" at the end....lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7VYhQd4zLE

that70sshow2000

[6]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 15
    stellarchick86 wrote:

The only big complaint I have about this episode is that there was no continuity with Xavier from last week. So he went in their house, held the baby and then left? It wasn't even like he did it while they were awake, he did it while they were sleeping, so what was the point really? It was all for show, sort of like when Katie starts singing and staring into the camera, which annoys me

Anyway, overall, a lot of stuff going on, but it was a very good episode. Probably my favorite this season. I'd give it a 9.5-10/10.

Seriously? The baby/ies were still at home with no mention or explanation at all? That's ummmm really bad to overlook. Writers are obviously getting lazy. Someone wrote this dramatic and suspenseful ending and then mark decides oh ya only 3 eps left, I can't do a kidnapping sl this late. I'm having a hard time believing there was no mention if Xavier being there and the twins were safe. Just cuz that's such a huge loop hole even for mark. But if it is how stellar leads on, then this show sucks. We are really to believe Xavier came to the house to hold a baby? He didn't even wake them up or let his prescense be known so we are to believe he just went to hold a baby?

Gawd there really are 3 eps left. The writers clearly don't give a crap anymore.

bronbrons27

[7]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 14

Oh my god. BEST episode of the season so far.

Dan/Julian/Chris - not only the best parts of the episode, but I'd say best parts of the season too. I loved Julian freaking out about the dead body. And I loved Dan's line "Dan Scott doesn't like this either" and Chris's line "Marty the midget sized guy" (Great reference to an old episode!) and of course Chris's signature line as well. I basically just loved everything that Chris said in this episode. I wasn't expecting Dan to send Julian home like that, but I'm glad he did. Even though Julian came back later anyway..

I also definitely thought it was Dan in that chair, not the drug dealer. My heart was just racing. And the Nathan/Dan scenes towards the end were just amazing, of course.

Omg Dan saving Nathan, that was awesome. So sad though, I actually thought Dan was dead already. But now I've seen the preview for next week's episode, I think it's really good that we'll get a bit more closure first.

Haley didn't have much in this episode, but what she did have was good. And I LOVED all the flashbacks. Even the non-Naley ones too.

The Clay/Quinn stuff was good too, and I enjoyed Clay going to visit Sara's grave again.

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Chelsea Kane really needs acting lessons. She is awful. I had to laugh at her big confrontation with Brooke and her "wow, that guy really is creepy!". Sophia just blows her away. I'm just annoyed that they aren't giving Brooke more to do than just stand around her café pensively. Okay any other time Brooke parks in front of the café but now all of a sudden she has to walk through parking lots and stuff? Huh? Wow- that scene with Brooke/Xavier in the parking lot was pretty intense.
    Yeah I agree with all this. Chelsea Kane is a terrible actress.

The Brooke/Xavier stuff was okay, but meh. We already have Dimitri this season, do we really need to see Xavier again too? Also, I don't know why Brooke didn't grab the knife as she got up from the ground... That would have been the first thing I would have done. And don't Brooke and Tara park their cars like right next to their cafes? That's what they've been doing all season. We've never even seen this parking lot before. And why has Brooke not asked for a restraining order anyway?

Also, on a sidenote, who babysits Brulian's twins when Brooke and Julian are away? We've barely seen them with the twins in the past 2 or 3 episodes. I don't know who Brooke would trust to take care of her young babies.

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    The episode ended as she picked up the phone. It''s driving me crazy. I want to know whether it was Julian, Nathan, or the police on the other end....What do you think???
    OMG this is driving me crazy too! As soon as the episode ended after Haley said Hello I was like, "That's it?!". I don't think it would be the police though. My guess is that Julian called her on his phone, but then let Nathan talk to her.

SO excited for next week! Cannot wait for a Naley reunion!

bronbrons27

[8]Mar 15, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Heres an amazing sneak peek for next weeks episode!! Brooke is like "batman" at the end....lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7VYhQd4zLE

Oh and thanks for posting this link! It's making me even more excited for next week!

Justlikeheaven_

[9]Mar 15, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    The episode ended as she picked up the phone. It''s driving me crazy. I want to know whether it was Julian, Nathan, or the police on the other end....What do you think???
    OMG this is driving me crazy too! As soon as the episode ended after Haley said Hello I was like, "That's it?!". I don't think it would be the police though. My guess is that Julian called her on his phone, but then let Nathan talk to her.

SO excited for next week! Cannot wait for a Naley reunion!

OMG!! I know. When it ended that way i was like Really??? why couldnt they have left it with us knowing who was on the other end, but ofcourse not, But like you said, I am thinking that it is Julian calling her because at the end Julian did take his phone out when Nathan was checking Dan's pulse. I am hoping though that if it is Julian calling that he lets Nathan talk to her for a minute because that will seriously be the cutest scene ever. I am soo looking forward to the Naley reunion!!!!

quintex96

[10]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 9
    This is one of the best OTH episodes by far, loved it for the most part, wasn't crazy about Xavier coming back, though Tara saving Brooke was pretty cool, too bad Xavier didn't get killed though.

bronbrons27

[11]Mar 15, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I am hoping though that if it is Julian calling that he lets Nathan talk to her for a minute because that will seriously be the cutest scene ever. I am soo looking forward to the Naley reunion!!!!
    Aaaah I know me too! I seriously cannot wait for the Naley reunion! I have a feeling it's going to be the cutest scene ever!!

stellarchick86 wrote:

Heres the promo for next week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTy7p2Tj6s&feature=related.

Also, I noticed from this promo that Jamie is back in the next episode... does Lucas seriously bring him back and then not even come see Nathan and Haley?!?! I mean it's not like Jamie and Lydia would be on the plane by themselves so Lucas must have flown back with them.....

that70sshow2000

[12]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 15
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I am hoping though that if it is Julian calling that he lets Nathan talk to her for a minute because that will seriously be the cutest scene ever. I am soo looking forward to the Naley reunion!!!!
    Aaaah I know me too! I seriously cannot wait for the Naley reunion! I have a feeling it's going to be the cutest scene ever!!

stellarchick86 wrote:

Also, I noticed from this promo that Jamie is back in the next episode... does Lucas seriously bring him back and then not even come see Nathan and Haley?!?! I mean it's not like Jamie and Lydia would be on the plane by themselves so Lucas must have flown back with them.....

I'm sure Lucas will visit Naley, of course. Unfortunately due to Chad not being able to appear I'm sure it won't happen on-screen.

LeytonTLA

[13]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 16

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!! That was great, that was brilliant, i thought it was amazing, i havent read any posts sorry if i repeat!

Obviously its obvious why it was amazing, Dan is freaking awesome! I think i fell in love and forgave all his sins when i saw him walking through with that shot gun before the drug dealer was shot! Bless chris and Julian, cant believe Dan is dead!!!! Part of me hopes he isnt, clay and quinn boring and waste of time, brooke and xavier and tara, creepy gross disgusting and pointless, thankfully its over, i am still reeling over the dan/julian/chris/nathan aspects i thought it was unbelieveably great, i havent had time to properly think about it yet but its great either way!!! LOVED IT

LeytonTLA

[14]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 16
    LeytonTLA wrote:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!! That was great, that was brilliant, i thought it was amazing, i havent read any posts sorry if i repeat!

Obviously its obvious why it was amazing, Dan is freaking awesome! I think i fell in love and forgave all his sins when i saw him walking through with that shot gun before the drug dealer was shot! Bless chris and Julian, cant believe Dan is dead!!!! Part of me hopes he isnt, clay and quinn boring and waste of time, brooke and xavier and tara, creepy gross disgusting and pointless, thankfully its over, i am still reeling over the dan/julian/chris/nathan aspects i thought it was unbelieveably great, i havent had time to properly think about it yet but its great either way!!! LOVED IT

Sorry for double post, just read eeryones, i agree i loved the haley scenes, it was great that they involved a scene of her being mad at nathan and having her regret it, i to found the first like 10 minutes hilarious dan/chris/julian there scenes were great 'only us two know about this body' 'hey is that guy dead!' 'only us 3 know about this body' haha ^i just read up there that dan isnt dead!!!! But that he does die in nathans arms or something ... oh my god i loved it! 'dad its nice to see you' awww so amazing, i personally think its nathan on the phone to haley, as soon as he says hello she is going to crumble! Oh my its so great, definitely best of the season, if you cut out all the xavier stuff it would be even more great

addiction01

[15]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 5

My favorite line from this episode: "Chris Keller's work here is done!!!" LaughingThis was really an amazing episode of One Tree Hill; I had no idea it was going to be so dramatic. I'm glad now that Tara and Brooke are friends- I loved the last scene between the two of them; I thought it was hilarious. At least Haley has Nathan back, but it sucks that Brooke had to go through all that and it also sucks that Dan got shot. I really hope he doesn't die

Justlikeheaven_

[17]Mar 15, 2012

LeytonTLA wrote:

Obviously its obvious why it was amazing, Dan is freaking awesome! I think i fell in love and forgave all his sins when i saw him walking through with that shot gun before the drug dealer was shot! >

I know. That was such a great Dan Scott scene. It just made me forget about how much i loved to hate him, and it just changed into me loving Dan Scott. As for the drug dealer, it was funny even though we knew that it wasnt Nathan in that chair, there was a split second after Dimitri shot the drug dealer not knowing it wasnt Nathan, that i actually thought that it was nathan. But it wasnt for very long. like a millisecond.lol.
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    i personally think its nathan on the phone to haley, as soon as he says hello she is going to crumble! Oh my its so great, definitely best of the season, if you cut out all the xavier stuff it would be even more great
    Yeah, i am kinda thinking that it is going to be him too, and she isnt going to know it right away because he will be using Julian's phone. It's either that, or it will be Julian initially and then he gives the phone to Nathan. But i am thinking its the other way. It's more Nathan...lol. But once she hears his voice on the other end she is going to be hysterically crying, and i also think that she will be hysterically crying when she sees him for the first time in all this time he was gone.

Edited on 03/15/2012 4:00pm

aless888

[18]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 23

stellarchick86 wrote:

Brooke/Tara- Chelsea Kane really needs acting lessons. She is awful. I had to laugh at her big confrontation with Brooke and her "wow, that guy really is creepy!". Sophia just blows her away. I'm just annoyed that they aren't giving Brooke more to do than just stand around her café pensively. Okay any other time Brooke parks in front of the café but now all of a sudden she has to walk through parking lots and stuff? Huh? Wow- that scene with Brooke/Xavier in the parking lot was pretty intense. It seemed like if she had not gotten away from her that he would've raped her or something which kind of answers my question about I always kind of wondered why he didn't in s6. Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously glad he didn't, I was just surprised that he didn't because he seems like that kind of guy. Glad at the end that Tara and Brooke didn't automatically become BFFs again since it was reminiscent of when Peyton/Brooke sat on the steps after Psycho Derek attacked but at least they were BFFs to start with.

The parking garage was killing me. I am pretty sure we have never seen it being used in any episode in the whole series, so it was really random that all of the sudden her car wasn't parked on the street. I was really surprised that Brooke didn't call the police. If she didn't trust them I would have liked to actually see her with her gun and kill Xavier in self defense. Xavier (the irredeemable character) being shot so Brooke could defend herself would've contrasted nicely with Dan (the redeemable character) being shot while he was defending someone else.

I'm getting bored by the Clay storyline, but otherwise it was a pretty good episode because of Dan/Chris/Julian/Haley.

ILUVSCOFIELD

[19]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 9

I think this was the best episode of the season, and of course Dan is the reason. Everything from the beginning involving Dan/Julian/Chris was awesome. Then when Dan finally got to Nathan, their scenes were amazing too. I almost cried when Dan got shot; I mean you pretty much know he's going to die, but it's still sad. At least he didn't die right then, and we get to see him for a while next week.

Now for the stuff I didn't care about. C/Q were beyond pointless. I hate how they're trying to cram all of this history of Clay/Sara's relationship in the final season, when it should've been done S7. I also noiced there was no birth/death date on Sara's headstone. I guess with all the time jumps they didn't want to mention what year it is, or was when she died since she apparently died five or six years prior (the writers probably don't know what year it's supposed to be anymore).

I'm so glad the Brooke/Xavier story seems to be over, but their scenes were beyond contrived. Where the heck did the parking garage come from? Suddenly downtown Tree Hill is so big there needs to be a parking garage near the cafe? Even so, Brooke couldn't park on the first level? It was so crowded she had to park 2-3 levels up, GMAFB!! The writers only set that ridiculous crap for their final showdown, but it was stupid, and frankly insulting to the viewers' intelligence. I aso hated that Tara got to be the hero. If anything, Xavier should've attacked Tara, and Brooke could've saved her, thus gaining back her power, instead of seeming weak;Tara is such a worthless b#tch, and Chelsea Kane's a bad actress.

Despite the stupidity, it was still a good episode. I'm glad Nathan is safe, and I can't wait for Naley to be reunited. Juian, Nathan, and Chris were also kind of bad@$$ in this episode too.

SIDENOTE: Is it wrong that I'm attracted to Dan/Paul Johansson? I swear that man has gotten sexier every week. I like the rugged, scruffy look, plus he' s funny. Anyways, I just wanted to comment on that. Toodles.

bronbrons27

[20]Mar 15, 2012

that70sshow2000 wrote:
    I'm sure Lucas will visit Naley, of course. Unfortunately due to Chad not being able to appear I'm sure it won't happen on-screen.
    Yeah I just wish it could be an on-screen scene. Could Chad seriously not film just one extra scene, to go into episode 9x11.... Just kinda bugs me.

ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:
    C/Q were beyond pointless. I hate how they're trying to cram all of this history of Clay/Sara's relationship in the final season, when it should've been done S7. I also noiced there was no birth/death date on Sara's headstone. I guess with all the time jumps they didn't want to mention what year it is, or was when she died since she apparently died five or six years prior (the writers probably don't know what year it's supposed to be anymore).
    I wouldn't say C/Q were completely pointless but I am also a bit annoyed that they're cramming all the Clay/Sara/Logan stuff into this season. I wish they would have done it in season 8. Clay/Quinn barely had any storylines in season 8, except the aftermath of the Katie shooting. And yeah I think you're right about Sara's headstone, haha, there was not a date on it in season 8 either. I think the writers just have no idea what year it is now. Going by the missing poster that we saw of Nathan a couple of episodes ago, Nathan is supposed to be 27 right now. So that's about 9/10 years since he graduated high school. And they were supposed to graduate high school in 2007. So technically, it should be about 2016-2017 in Tree Hill right now.

Also, I reallllllly wish that Clay had more to do with finding Nathan. I do like the history of Sara stuff, but in this episode especially, I would much rather he be helping Dan and Chris (instead of it being Julian) or AT LEAST be comforting Haley (with Quinn). I mean, isn't Clay supposed to be Nathan's best friend?!

Edited on 03/15/2012 7:37pm