One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

9x13 "One Tree Hill" Episode Discussion

How would you rate the last episode ever?

  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [21]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    txgirl75 wrote:
    I couldn't remember is supernatural was Wb or cameon when cw came. After one tree hill i will probably be done with CW unelss Hart of Dixie gets another season. Sad thought it's like now shows go down hill after the firslt season lol.


    They don't make shows like they used to. It's all about Reality now, which I like but too bad it comes at a cost of scripted shows going down the wanker.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [22]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    quintex96 wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    quintex96 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Smallvilles still on the air? I thought that was cancelled a while back. And isnt Supernatural a WB show?
    Yeah, Smallville ended last year. There's nothing worth watching on the CW after OTH ends, couldn't care less about Supernatural or Vampire Diaries. The UPN WB merger was truly one of the worst ideas ever, I still won't forgive the CW execs for how badly they screwed over Reba, the highest rated WB show.


    Totalllyyy agree about Reba. Wb/cw comedies always sucked but Reba was the one funny gem on the network. No idea why they canceled it. Especially since i thought s6 was one of the funniest.

    Seems like cw wants an exclusive soap network where wb had more variety of genres.
    Yeah, there was stuff like Do Over and For Your Love, now there's a lousy retreat of 90210(didn't like the original that much to begin with) Gossip Girl(massively overrated), Melrose Place(blech). The CW also screwed over the shows it carried over from UPN like Girlfriends and One On One.


    Josh Schwartz, creator of The OC, created GG, which proves lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [23]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    I agree that TV shows often aren't what they used to be. I love the Big Bang Theory a lot, but I don't think it will ever beat Friends (don't think any comedy show will really).

    And I really can't see any new drama shows being better than OTH, but I guess we'll have to see.

    I've heard completely mixed reviews about Gossip Girl, but I've never watched it myself.

    I watched Smallville on the CW until it was cancelled last year as well, but now that OTH is finishing I won't really be watching much on the CW.
    Although I'm thinking about starting to watch Supernatural, a lot of my friends tell me it's really good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [24]Mar 29, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    I'm 100% retiring from this network after next Wednesday. I don't know if it's bc I'm older that these new cw shows seem major suckage or if they actually are but I'm done. BBT definitely not Friends quality though I love it and tomights episode was hilarious.

    But I don't think nothing can beat Friends. I used to, but I believe How I Met Your Mother is greater and funnier than Friends which is quite an accomplishment bc Friends rules.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of quintex96

    quintex96

    [25]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 666
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    I'm 100% retiring from this network after next Wednesday. I don't know if it's bc I'm older that these new cw shows seem major suckage or if they actually are but I'm done. BBT definitely not Friends quality though I love it and tomights episode was hilarious.

    But I don't think nothing can beat Friends. I used to, but I believe How I Met Your Mother is greater and funnier than Friends which is quite an accomplishment bc Friends rules.
    I loved Friends, but not as much as Still Standing, Grounded For Life, George Lopez and Will And Grace, which were my personal favorite sitcoms, How I Met Your Mother is good, but i'm surprised it's managed to last this long, Big Bang Theory, I don't "get" at all. I used to love Two And A Half Men, but it's gone downhill ever since Ashton took over(I know you hate the show with a passion, I read some of your posts on the TAAHM forum) and I can barely stand to watch it anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [26]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I agree that TV shows often aren't what they used to be. I love the Big Bang Theory a lot, but I don't think it will ever beat Friends (don't think any comedy show will really).

    And I really can't see any new drama shows being better than OTH, but I guess we'll have to see.

    I've heard completely mixed reviews about Gossip Girl, but I've never watched it myself.

    I watched Smallville on the CW until it was cancelled last year as well, but now that OTH is finishing I won't really be watching much on the CW.
    Although I'm thinking about starting to watch Supernatural, a lot of my friends tell me it's really good.


    I definitely agree with you there. I am sure that there will be other dramas that come out, but none of them will compare to OTH for me. And i doubt any of them will be as good. There seems like there is one really successful teen drama each decade. (BH 90210, OTH). I mean, here we have BH90210 that lasted 10 seasons, and OTH that lasted 9 seasons. There will only be one one tree hill. (corny i know, but i had to say it....lol). And the other ones that are out just don't seem as good. There are so many shows that are crime dramas. I mean, they are good and everything, but they overload on them. Maybe Mark Schwahn will write another tv and give us another GOOD tv drama that we can watch since there aren't that many good ones out there. The only reason i will have to even turn on the CW now, after Wednesday is to watch Vampire Diaries, and Hart of Dixie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [27]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Smallville ended last year i believe. And yeah, Supernatural is a WB show.... It will be the only one left now


    Ah okay thanks for confirming on that!

    Yeah after OTH ends, the only show Im watching is Hart of Dixie. I do watch 90210 but I may be done with that after this season. Its just infuriating how sucky these new writers are making that show



    When I was on the CW website getting the info summary for this thread, I saw an ad for something with "LA" in the title. It looks like its basically going to be the same thing as Melrose Place 2.0 was; a bunch of 20 somethings living in LA. When will the CW ever learn? And what annoys me is that HofD will probably be cancelled in order to bring in this show that again, no one will watch, which will then get cancelled after a few eps. *sigh*

    Edited on 03/30/2012 10:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [28]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    Heres a sneak peak of the finale with Brulian in Peytons old bedroom (set): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStYrksq-mg

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [29]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    Damn, they really did good in re-creating Peytons bedroom for Julians movie.

    Oh wait.... ;-)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [30]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    Just wanted to post the extended promo. I has pieces of Naley in it, and they have me melting!! I'm really afraid what my emotions are going to be like when i watch the entire episode on Wednesday.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHm-knAX7JY

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [31]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Yeah, I think Im going to cry when I watch it, for sure! haha. That will be amazing, if Brulian buys Brookes old house (Im not misunderstanding that right?). I love the house they are in now, but it always seemed kind of small for 2 kids, especially if they have more and want a guestroom. I mean the twins share the same room as it is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [32]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yeah, I think Im going to cry when I watch it, for sure! haha. That will be amazing, if Brulian buys Brookes old house (Im not misunderstanding that right?). I love the house they are in now, but it always seemed kind of small for 2 kids, especially if they have more and want a guestroom. I mean the twins share the same room as it is.


    I had told my friend yesterday that I was in tears the last 5 minutes of Wednesdays episode, so i am almost positive that it is going to be three times worse when this upcoming wednesday comes along. And yeah, it seems like Julian bought Brooke's childhood house, and i will definitely be happy about that because Brooke has always liked to be the girl behind the red door. Even when Julian was directing the movie Alex wrote, Brooke seemed kinda down when she was in Lucas' old room, because she said "girl behind the brown door...doesn't have the same feeling" OR something like that. I can't remember exactly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [33]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    Thanks for posting links to the previews you guys!

    I seriously can't believe that Wednesday is going to be the final episode either... it just doesn't seem real.

    I really hope it lives up to our expectations, but I think it will, considering Mark definitely knew this was the final season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [34]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I had told my friend yesterday that I was in tears the last 5 minutes of Wednesdays episode, so i am almost positive that it is going to be three times worse when this upcoming wednesday comes along. And yeah, it seems like Julian bought Brooke's childhood house, and i will definitely be happy about that because Brooke has always liked to be the girl behind the red door. Even when Julian was directing the movie Alex wrote, Brooke seemed kinda down when she was in Lucas' old room, because she said "girl behind the brown door...doesn't have the same feeling" OR something like that. I can't remember exactly.


    Very true!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [35]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Thanks for posting links to the previews you guys!

    I seriously can't believe that Wednesday is going to be the final episode either... it just doesn't seem real.

    I really hope it lives up to our expectations, but I think it will, considering Mark definitely knew this was the final season.


    I know, i am going insane waiting for Wednesday!!! LOL! I am so excited, but at the same time, i am really sad because we won't get any more. And i agree. Knowing that the writers knew it was going to be the last season and not being like usual, knowing last minute, gives us hope that he will give us a great series finale! I watched the producer preview thing for the finale and when he was talking about it, he seemed like he really wanted to give the fans a great ending, especially since us loyal fans are basically what kept OTH around. And he sees that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [36]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I just saw the finale and it was awesome!! It wrapped up everything nicely and didnt leave many questions ... well except for
    ***SPOILER***
    but whatever! I thought it was way better than s8 too. If anyone has any specific questions, I can answer back in spoiler tags for you. If anyone wants a link to the torrent, PM me and I will send it to you. Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GilmoreFan86

    GilmoreFan86

    [37]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 01/10/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 232
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    im so sad LAST EPISODE EVER, how did 9 years pass so quickly, i was 12 when this show started as soon as i watch the finale next week i'll be starting from ep one all over again!!


    I know it's crazy how fast it went by. Like the core 5 I was 16 and a junior in high school when the show started. Now I am 25. I have grown up right along with them. It's really sad that's ending. Thankfully I have all the dvds because I am not ready to let it go.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [38]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I just saw the finale and it was awesome!! It wrapped up everything nicely and didnt leave many questions ... well except for
    ***SPOILER***
    but whatever! I thought it was way better than s8 too. If anyone has any specific questions, I can answer back in spoiler tags for you. If anyone wants a link to the torrent, PM me and I will send it to you. Thanks!


    OMG I just watched the finale as well! I didn't think it would be online until Wednesday, but after you mentioned that you had watched it, I checked the website that I usually download the episodes from every week and they already had 9x13, so I just couldn't help myself.... I couldn't wait until Wednesday.


    I agree, it was absolutely awesome! Probably my favourite episode of the series, or if not, definitely on-par with the season 4 finale episode. It was definitely better than the season 8 finale though.


    I also agree that
    ***SPOILER***



    But oh well! Everything else was great! I'll post the rest of my thoughts on wednesday evening, after the rest of you guys have seen it

    Edited on 03/30/2012 9:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [39]Mar 30, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Haha. Glad Im not the only one. I was on IMDB and everyone was talking about it and I was like ahh I cant wait!! I completely agree about it being MUCH better than s8. S4 Im not sure abou though. And yeah
    ***SPOILER***
    Im going to post my thoughts on Wed too. I was going to post it tonight in a long spoiler tag but it wouldnt let me hahaha
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [40]Mar 31, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    the final EVER episode!!! where did 9 years go?!!! i remember my friend telling me about this show and. i got hooked. But i need to catch up when i get back with the episodes i've missed. Stellar i'm glad you liked the finale lol and that it was a good send off.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.