One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

9x13 "One Tree Hill" Episode Discussion

How would you rate the last episode ever?

stellarchick86

[61]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 32
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    I'm so tempted to watch it online!!! But i think i'm gonna wait, why was it leaked?

Some people pre-ordered the s9 boxset and it came to their house early. They uploaded it on the web via torrents and then it spread like wildfire.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    haha. I know exactly what you mean. I have been watching random episodes sparatically since season 9 first started in January. And they alll add up to all the episodes in the series, but now that we have gotten SO many throwbacks in the past couple episodes, it makes me want to start from the beginning and watch each episode in order. I know once i watch the finale, i am going to want to do that even more.

Haha I actually started watching the series again last night haha I watched the Pilot and 1x02. I couldnt help myself lol Its amazing how many characters were there in the Pilot that arent there now: 1. Jake, 2. Lucas, 3. Peyton, 4. Karen, 5. Dan, 6. Keith, 7. Whitey, 8. Tim., 9. Jimmy Edwards, etc. 1 for each season heh

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I liked season 4 personally, but it still does not compare to seasons 1-3.

I liked Naley dealing with family stuff/finances, Rachel/Brooke were awesome, Brooke/Peyton fights were awesome, and Im on the fence about Psycho Derek and Lucas finding Abbey. So some stuff was good. But there were other things that kind of bored me a bit like the 'real Derek', Chase, Shelley/Mouth or Gigi/Mouth, Clean Teans in general, LP, Dan/Karen, etc.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Justlikeheaven_

[62]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 33
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I liked season 4 personally, but it still does not compare to seasons 1-3.

I liked Naley dealing with family stuff/finances, Rachel/Brooke were awesome, Brooke/Peyton fights were awesome, and Im on the fence about Psycho Derek and Lucas finding Abbey. So some stuff was good. But there were other things that kind of bored me a bit like the 'real Derek', Chase, Shelley/Mouth or Gigi/Mouth, Clean Teans in general, LP, Dan/Karen, etc.

The only thing i really still don't care for about season 4 is all the Psycho Derek stuff. There are some times where i will even fast forward through it just because i don't feel like watching those parts. Particularly the prom episode when Brooke/Peyton were attacked. lol.

stellarchick86 wrote:

Haha I actually started watching the series again last night haha I watched the Pilot and 1x02. I couldnt help myself lol Its amazing how many characters were there in the Pilot that arent there now: 1. Jake, 2. Lucas, 3. Peyton, 4. Karen, 5. Dan, 6. Keith, 7. Whitey, 8. Tim., 9. Jimmy Edwards, etc. 1 for each season heh

Now you are really making me want to start watching the episodes right from the beginning. Today i was in the mood for season 7 and watched all the episodes that were involving the Renee scandal thing. lol! I keep watching episodes sparatically, but once i get my season 9 boxset, i am definitely having a REAL one tree hill marathon and start from the beginning and watch them in order up until the last episode.

stellarchick86

[63]Apr 1, 2012
    ^Yeah, that was kind of the idea for me too. I figured I will def. have the boxset for s9 by the time I get around to that season so I wont have to wait. Plus Im curious as to what s9 is like when you watch it as a marathon rather than once a week because some things seemed to drag on a bit (the Clay/Logan stuff up until he finally realized that Logan was his son and then I felt like it kind of went too fast) so then I can see the whole thing.

Justlikeheaven_

[64]Apr 1, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yeah, that was kind of the idea for me too. I figured I will def. have the boxset for s9 by the time I get around to that season so I wont have to wait. Plus Im curious as to what s9 is like when you watch it as a marathon rather than once a week because some things seemed to drag on a bit (the Clay/Logan stuff up until he finally realized that Logan was his son and then I felt like it kind of went too fast) so then I can see the whole thing.

Yeah, it's weird how things seem better as a marathon. I used to say i didn't really like season 6, but then when i watched a lot of that season in order it seemed better than i thought it did. Even same goes for season 2. Don't know why, but i like going back and watching how depressed and angry Nathan was.....LOL! I like going back and watching those episodes now. Now i can say that my least favorite season out of all of them is season 5.

stellarchick86

[65]Apr 1, 2012

I agree about how s6 seems better as a marathon.

I feel the same way about s7 too, because it set up so much regarding C/Q, Renee and Dan/Rachel and what not too.

S8 just seems like a bunch of episodes lumped together. Actually, the first half, until Brookes wedding, had direction. After that it seemed like a bunch of filler episodes to get us to the finale. The only things I liked were things concerning Brooke (the adoption, the hurricane episode, the bankruptcy, wedding planning, etc). Though I did like the holiday episodes too lol.

S5 I really liked up until 'Hundred'. After that, it seemed like filler stuff to get us to the finale. I enjoyed watching Brooke/Angie but everything else seemed to center around L/L/P and that kind of bored me.

Hmm, seems like s7 and s6 were seasons where it continued on w/ SLs but S8/S5 had filler stuff to take us to the finale. I guess thats why its good that s9 were half a season otherwise it would have more filler stuff too. And Im okay with s9 being half a season in general, I just wish we saw Naley spend a little more time with Lydia and Brooke a little more time with the twins. And also I think Logans adjustment went too quickly and that needed to be dragged on a bit too, but other than that Im alright with it.

Edited on 04/01/2012 5:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

bronbrons27

[66]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 14
    I agree with you guys as well. Season 6 and 7 are sooo much better in a marathon. I really didn't like season 7 at all when it was on TV, but now it's one of my favourite adult year seasons. The Renee storyline was a lot better than the Carrie one, in my opinion.
    And I didn't like the first few episodes of season 6, with the Carrie/Dan stuff, but after that I really liked the season, like the intro of Julian, the movie storyline, Sam etc. I also didn't mind Leyton so much in that season either.

Currently, season 8 is my least favourite of the adult seasons, but I think I just have to get it on DVD and watch it as a marathon, and then I might like it a bit better.

And I also really liked season 5 up until "Hundred", but after that it was a little boring.

Season 4 I didn't mind so much though. I mean, it's definitely my least favourite of the teen years, but I still enjoyed it. I liked the Psycho Derek storyline (EXCEPT him in the prom episode with Peyton/Brooke). And I liked the Brooke/Rachel friendship, Brooke/Chase stuff, Lucas finding out about Dan killing Keith, and I didn't mind Dan/Karen either. Although I did hate Shelley, and didn't care for the real Derek either.

Overall, seasons 1-3 are by far the best, but I did enjoy something about every season.

that70sshow2000

[67]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 15
    The first three seasons seem to be agreed as the best of the series. Hell maybe Mark and The CW should've "left Haley on that bridge" after all.

stellarchick86

[68]Apr 1, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Overall, seasons 1-3 are by far the best, but I did enjoy something about every season.

Agreed. And I pretty much agree with what you said about each season. The only things that turned me off from s6 was too much focus on Kate Voegelles singing, the USO show episode was a bit boring, and that filler ep of the dog stealing Dans heart. Other than that, I enjoyed all the SLs.

Justlikeheaven_

[69]Apr 1, 2012

bronbrons27 wrote:
    I agree with you guys as well. Season 6 and 7 are sooo much better in a marathon. I really didn't like season 7 at all when it was on TV, but now it's one of my favourite adult year seasons. The Renee storyline was a lot better than the Carrie one, in my opinion.
    Yeah. I liked the renee storyline better than the Carrie one too. But i think part of the reason there was because the Carrie storyline was too psycho-ish when the Renee one was more realistic. The past month or so when i watch season 7 on my boxset, i find myself watching the episodes in chunks. I watch the group of episodes in order about the renee scandal, and then do the same thing with the Haley depression storyline. Weird i know.

Edited on 04/01/2012 7:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

that70sshow2000

[70]Apr 1, 2012
    Glad to hear all the s7 love, and s8 hate. Way it should be. I was ready to puke when people on here were praising s8 and dissing s7

stellarchick86

[71]Apr 1, 2012
    ^Lol. If you take all the Brooke stuff out of s8, s8 would be practically unbearable. But since I like her, its hard for me to diss it too much. On IMDB you see a lot of Brooke and s8 hate. S7 had some boring moments, but I liked it, esp. Alex and Millie's SL. They actually acted like 20 year olds.
    Edited on 04/01/2012 7:35pm

Justlikeheaven_

[72]Apr 2, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    Glad to hear all the s7 love, and s8 hate. Way it should be. I was ready to puke when people on here were praising s8 and dissing s7

I still like season 8 a lot. But i am definitely don't hate season 7. Season 7 was a good season. Season 8 just seemed to not have a major storyline or anything. There were a lot of filler type episodes, and holiday episodes, but when season 8 came a long, i was kinda happy to see holiday episodes because we never really got them before that, except Haleys birthday, and Jamie's birthday party's in season 5, and season 7 premiere.

stellarchick86

[73]Apr 2, 2012

I know this is off-topic, but everytime I watch the Pilot I want to mention this and always forget to. Since I saw it the other night, it reminded me to. Does anyone else thinks its majorally contrived that the principal let Nathan (Tim is a different story) go, meaning he didnt suspend him from basketball, when a lot of the other players were suspended and Nathan was the one driving the schoolbus?! lol I know if Nathan got suspended then there would be no show, but do you think that either 1. Dan persuaded the principal and the principal just acted like he was fine or 2. Nathan was too valuable a player to lose?

TreeHill_89

[74]Apr 2, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

I still like season 8 a lot. But i am definitely don't hate season 7. Season 7 was a good season. Season 8 just seemed to not have a major storyline or anything. There were a lot of filler type episodes, and holiday episodes, but when season 8 came a long, i was kinda happy to see holiday episodes because we never really got them before that, except Haleys birthday, and Jamie's birthday party's in season 5, and season 7 premiere.

I've always loved S7 especially after S6 which for me wasn't the best season. I love the new characters which I wouldn't think I would after Chad and Hilare left but the episodes was so much better. I've watched now 4 episodes of S9 and it's so great love that Chris and Dan are back It gets more interesting every episode.

Justlikeheaven_

[75]Apr 2, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

lol I know if Nathan got suspended then there would be no show, but do you think that either 1. Dan persuaded the principal and the principal just acted like he was fine or 2. Nathan was too valuable a player to lose?

I would go with the Dan thing because if i remember correctly, wasn't Dan standing right next to the principal when they were all gathered in that room????

stellarchick86

[76]Apr 2, 2012
    ^Yeah, he was. And Im sure if it had happened, he would persuade Principal Turner otherwise, like he did to get into the school during the shooting. That would make the most sense. Thanks

Justlikeheaven_

[77]Apr 2, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yeah, he was. And Im sure if it had happened, he would persuade Principal Turner otherwise, like he did to get into the school during the shooting. That would make the most sense. Thanks

It seems like a Dan thing to do, that is for sure! Though, i am thinking that the way he got in the school when the school shooting happened was a little different because he had a bit more power then because he was Mayor of tree hill.

stellarchick86

[78]Apr 2, 2012
    ^Oh yeah for sure. I just thought there was a scene of him trying to get into the school and he said no and Dan did it anyway. Maybe Im thinking of that bald cop instead and P.T. wasnt there at the time.
    Edited on 04/02/2012 2:43pm

that70sshow2000

[79]Apr 2, 2012
    Principal Turner sure does bend the rules a lot. No wonder the school replaced him somewhere within the 4 year gap.

Letting Nathan stay on the team because his Daddy said so, and allowing Brooke to graduate after she cheated and failed calculus, because according to her none of her college coursework would need much calculus. Guess the school had legal reasons; afraid of being sued if they pissed off a student after that school shooting.

stellarchick86

[80]Apr 2, 2012
    Lol yeah maybe